Status
Not open for further replies.

Heito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I just finished hacking my wii, and I think I did everything right. (I got the HBC and followed this tutorial to install backup loader gamma : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118437). That loader didn't seem to work well with me, it gave a black screen and that was it. So I tried Neo Gamma R5 which works but when I go to launch DVD it says: DVD Read Error (782). I have no idea what that means? Did I burn the game wrong or something? Or did I miss installing a file?

I do have DVDX installed if that matters and the game I'm trying to play is Super Paper Mario which I burned using ImgBurn

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try NEOGAMMA 4 instead if 5 is giving you issues link

the one your trying to use from that link is way too old to be useful!

what guide did you use to hack your wii?

Heito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply!

R4 gave me a DVD read error (721)

I used bannerbomb to put the HBC on my wii and then followed the tutorial from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118437

Was that too old? I'm on firmware 3.2U if that means something and on the NeoGamma loader screen I have IOS249 Rev 7.

Again I don't know if that means anything but I figure any more info could help.

shawncac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only time i ever had dvd errors was from trying to use cheap dvds. i only use verbatim and sony. they seem to work pretty good.

osirus35

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue sometimes but I just keep on trying to launch and it will eventually work. It can happen if you use low quality discs or discs other than dvd-r (I myself have used dvd+r and dvd+rw but dvd-r are by far the best.)

It can also be a bad burn which is why they suggest burning at around 4x speed and then verifying afterwards

Heito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a DVD+R, that's all I have but I made sure to make the book type or whatever dvd-rom. I'll try burning it again and if it doesn't work I'll try to get some better quality dvd-r 's

So is this definitely a DVD issue and not something to do with anything I would have to load or do to my wii?

osirus35

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cios38 rev13 maybe (i know that compatibility varies from different revs but I think a disc read error is mainly to do with something with the disc itself)

Eberton

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried and tried ... Ive burned one DVD-R on speed x2 , x4 , x1 , nothing works !!!! my Wii is from Europe and have MCplayer working fine , only DVD it doesnt work ´, then neogamma r4, r7, r8 and r9 doesnt work .. am i doing sth wrong , for sure ;) .. i wanna know where.. is it the DVD its quality and how its burned and so on , or shud i just get my HD back from my friend and get the ISO files to be run from it , it seems that my USB loader is working prooerly , ive installed it and all... but as i havent got my external HD with me , to test it , .... anyways guys please let me know ANONE PLEASEEE ;))) !!!!!

X:D

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please read the mini FAQ from here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum