First & Second Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine all the crass cross marketing that is going to be taking place over the next few years. They already crossed Hanna Montana with Star Wars in the Clone Wars TV series, then of course there were the old "Who da man? Yoda man!" adverts from back in the Episode 1 days. It's all going to down to hell in a hand basket, but the first decade should be interesting! I hope anyhow.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reminds me of the Mortal Kombat X Trailer

Everything's cooler with X!
Imagine all the crass cross marketing that is going to be taking place over the next few years. They already crossed Hanna Montana with Star Wars in the Clone Wars TV series, then of course there were the old "Who da man? Yoda man!" adverts from back in the Episode 1 days. It's all going to down to hell in a hand basket, but the first decade should be interesting! I hope anyhow.

inb4 Mickey shaped Death Star. (And a Star Wars-themed Kingdom Hearts world)
Bmdrs.jpg

Reactions: XDel

stae1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's what I figured.
The movie screams JJ Abrams cinematography. At least he's over the lens flare.

Empire does have system of conscriptions and enlistment. It might be cool to see things from the empire's point of view.

As for the lightsaber.
I'm hearing from other people that it may belong to one of the most ancient and powerful jedi/sith that ever existed. One who single handedly destroyed an entire army 4000 years prior to the franchise.
And the title, Force Awakens refers to his Resurrection or something like that.
Hence the claymore style lightsaber and the instability of the beam.

Can someone follow me up on this theory?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
inb4 Mickey shaped Death Star. (And a Star Wars-themed Kingdom Hearts world)
Off topic, but, I mean, a Star Wars KH world would actually work. Keyblade lightsaber, tone down the dying and force choking a bit, and you could easily work a story in there consistent with the KH universe. I mean, it couldn't work any worse than the Pirates of the Caribbean world. That one was ass.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
inb4 that Cross Light saber was actually Sora From KH3 using the Light Keysaber.

Also funny how many people say the design is stupid yet no one seems to care how many fantasy themes swords are build inpractical just to look cool :rolleyes: .

Reactions: matpower

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
That "lightsword" could've been useful (as long as the dude wouldn't stab himself), but the fact that those emitter things extend out of the side is going to cost him his right hand.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Star Wars related indifference is unshaken.

On the crossguard thing I am surprised nobody brought up the ever fun "can't unsee" for lightsabers.

So a lightsaber is a kind of low area focused energy weapon you can turn on and off. Why can't I turn the beam off mid swing, have a small handle swinging around instead, reform the beam after dodging the blocking saber and then slice the fool in half.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters