First & Second Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by T-hug, Nov 28, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    EDIT: First full trailer is out:

[​IMG]

Veho and CarefulCrysis like this.
  2. Mylink5

Mylink5 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2010
    Greece
    Greece,Thessaloniki
    AMAZING Sith lightsaber!!! I expect the best from Disney, seeing what they did with the Marvel franchise.

3. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    I almost shat myself when I saw the Sith lightsaber! :wtf:

Lord M, aliak11, Smuff and 1 other person like this.
  4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    That cross lightsaber is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. What, has the dark side gone Catholic?

Otherwise, meh. I don't think I've ever felt so aggressively apathetic.

5. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    The medieval sword was a turn-off.

Also, do they clone Black People now? Is jumping over fences a viable resource in space? :ha:

Subtle Demise and Nightwish like this.
  6. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    The sword will be the talking point but it is actually cannon afaik especially in the books and comics.
    I think the trailer is great though it has me interested again!

7. minexew

minexew ayy lmao

Mar 16, 2013
    HOLY SHIT IT'S SO BAD

WHAT ARE THEY DOING

Edit: for reference, the front page of an unnamed website right now:
    [​IMG]

8. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    "Lel" Love the lightsaber with the unnecessary amount of branches. That said, I don't think the one in the video is that bad.

I need to see more trailers. This didn't really give me any opinions about the movie itself.

9. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    I'm really happy that it looks like the movie is going to use a lot of props and not so much CG!

10. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    So at first I was worried, I mean they are going to kill Cannon after all, they have made that quite clear!
    Then I started to follow the leaked info that might pertain to the plot of this replacement sequel to Return of the Jedi and...

...well actually things sound more epic the way the script seems to be going. I find it more interesting that Luke may have went missing after ROTJ, perhaps he went off for solitude and DEEP meditation? In the mean time, though the Empire has been beheaded, the Empire does still exist and the war from ROTJ still goes on.
    Now, something dark has come to the surface and poses a threat to everything the rebellion has accomplished, something dark and perhaps old...

...I say perhaps old because now that cannon is destroyed, Darth PLagueis does not have to be dead, and considering that the toy companies were told to cease and desist from creating any more Expanded Universe characters, with the exception of Mara Jade and Darth PLagueis... well I'd assume they are being brought back into this story line.

I dunno, this looks very curious, I am psyched, and the sith sword didn't bother me. I'm and OLD SCHOOL Star Wars Expanded Universe fan, I've seen stuff sort of like that before, it's not off setting.

11. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    1st thing i see , a black storm trooper, oh WTF disney , stormtroopers are jengo fett clones what are you doing

12. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK

yeah like han solo and luke skywalker never donned stormtrooper outfits to mingle ..

13. XDel

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    All the clones are dead. They were bread to age twice as fast a a normal Mandalorian .

Or I should say, all the original clones are deceased, that being those bread on Kamino.

There were inferior cloning technologies in the galaxy, but the Empire did not use them as the source for the clones during the war as they were too unreliable. Though they did have control over the alternative companies that held this technology, so it is not impossible that the Empire might have later developed new forms of clone technology, but it is a fact that all the old clones died, and that later era Star Wars troopers were recruits from across the galaxy.

Kyouhei and Huntereb like this.
  14. weatMod

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    true but do we know that is what is happening, i haven't seen the leaked script ,also it looks different than a storm trooper armor

15. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    we dont know either way yet you judged it lol. its 30yrs on , fashions change :P

The millenium falcon scene got me excited ...

16. XDel

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    The Falcon looks like it's had a body job done on it, it no longer looks like a "Junker". Then again it's so well known in the galaxy at this point, there would be little reason to keep it looking less powerful than it is.

As for the Storm Trooper outfit, yes they will probably be a little different than before. Modifications, lighter of weight, easier to move around in, better tech in the helmet, etc. It's been a few decades after all...

17. weatMod

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    wow,just went there, all dem threads already gone

minexew likes this.
  18. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Personally I preferred the fan-made trailer I saw a few days ago. All kinds of crazy shit going on there. This was ok but I do find it pretty worrying that the fans are doing a better job of making exciting trailers with a budget of damn near zero than Disney are doing with an effectively unlimited budget. I say give those fans a job.

19. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    That lightsaber - god almighty! :lol: ....Aside from that, OK I guess.... I'm a little bit more excited than before I saw the trailer - looks thankfully better than Ep1-3, but still I actually enjoyed the Jurassic World trailer more, and ain't even a JP fan in the first place....
    Avengers 2? Day one cinema watch that one
    Star Wars? Might download it when it gets a home release...;)

20. Soopy

Soopy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2007
    United States
    United States

That Jurassic World trailer was horrendous. It killed any hype it had going for it.