Hacking First rom with new protection?

masterzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
According to the shoutbox on the 3ds release list http://3ds.essh.co/ , the dump "Tomodachi Life" is not working on gateway , has the new protection enabled.. is this the beginning of the end for flashcards or will gateway find the solution ??

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Gateway is working on cracking this encryption.
USA’s YouTube, Nintendo Football, Pokébank, 7.2.0-17’s Settings and eShop all have it (maybe something else).

Unjustly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it certain this is because of new encryption keys? iirc there have been more roms which needed a tweak, like logo location on a different spot than usual. And well if it is because of the new encryption we'll have to wait for gateway to strike back, could be a long wait or a short one. They've surprised us before so why not now, but take caution that it could take months.

Reactions: Tattorack

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just tested tomodashi life eur release from bigbluebox and it doesnt work either on MT Card this game uses the new 7.1 encryption, now we wait for further developments maybe if they get a way to make this game to work, maybe we can use 7.2 emunand fully in near future

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would classic mode and the cartridge work?
Nope, not if it truly is the new encryption. Which the new encryption was released to fight flashcarts, and once it's cracked nintendo will just change the keys and the cycle will start all over again. Changing the keys is trivial, cracking them unfortunatly is not.

masterzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is one reason ( besides not giving money to the ones who put brick code and also having no need due to being able to play the majority of games) that I have hold out on buying a new flashcard. If gw or mt can jump over this stone I might indeed buy a new flashcard depending on the number of good games that start to appear like this. If not I'll just have to wait for someone else to find it :/

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
This is one reason ( besides not giving money to the ones who put brick code and also having no need due to being able to play the majority of games) that I have hold out on buying a new flashcard. If gw or mt can jump over this stone I might indeed buy a new flashcard depending on the number of good games that start to appear like this. If not I'll just have to wait for someone else to find it :/
Even so, you can't hold out buying a 4.x console for this.
I don't have much to worry about since I have a console to play games I normally wouldn't be able to play and a console to play the actual games.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Tomodachi Life will work its a card 2 game, BigBlueBox tells us that in his info the same as Pokemon X/Y/Animal Crossing but being as though its a 512mb size rom and not a 1GB or 2GB it will have a different key so instead of F8 & 98 it will be FE & 9*, 8*, 7*..., something like that but that something needs dumping from an original retail copy to find out what it is to get it to work on Gateway.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Nope, not if it truly is the new encryption. Which the new encryption was released to fight flashcarts, and once it's cracked nintendo will just change the keys and the cycle will start all over again. Changing the keys is trivial, cracking them unfortunatly is not.

Do you think there's a limit to the amount of times they can change the keys? They still have to store the old keys for compatibility right? So space will eventually run out.

Tomodachi Life will work its a card 2 game, BigBlueBox tells us that in his info the same as Pokemon X/Y/Animal Crossing but being as though its a 512mb size rom and not a 1GB or 2GB it will have a different key so instead of F8 & 98 it will be FE & 9*, 8*, 7*..., something like that but that something needs dumping from an original retail copy to find out what it is to get it to work on Gateway.

Isn't that just for the online?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think there's a limit to the amount of times they can change the keys? They still have to store the old keys for compatibility right? So space will eventually run out.

Isn't that just for the online?

No, the game is loading perfect but stops at the 3DS intro screen so its probably the header that is corrupting the game like it corrupts Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing in some way when you get the hex wrong. The game itself only needs minimum 7.1.0 FW which is what Emunand works on so it can't be a FW problem.

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i actually did try to use pokemon y header from my original card game and changed card size like in the tutorial to FE but still didnt got passed 3ds booting logo

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is the encryption, because that's what e-shop and system menu do when on 7.2 emuNAND (hang at 3DS screen). Also the NFO states the minimum required system is 7.1 after all. IDK time will tell. I'm in the US so even if I did have it running, there would be no online. I hope it's figured out by the time we have a US dump.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would of thought big blue box would of mentioned something about it in the nfo, also this isn't the first game requiring 7.1
Putty squad and mario golf also needed 7.1, but they still worked, so it's either the new encryption is enabled or bigbluebox are upto their old tricks :P

masterzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Even so, you can't hold out buying a 4.x console for this.
I don't have much to worry about since I have a console to play games I normally wouldn't be able to play and a console to play the actual games.

Notice the "new flashcard" , I already have a 3dslink , what i'm saying is that right now I ahve no reason to change flashcard even if gw had multirom and shet because of this new protection , which if gateway fails to break , might warrant needing to buy a 3rd flashcard for me ( if one does even appear which can break this tho..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Minox @ Minox: Better skip the clothes so you don't appear like a poser