OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

With the new / upcoming M3DS real getting close to public release and the first review popping up this is a product to watch.

I've managed to get exclusive quality PCB shots of the new unit thanks to BellySM and I've put em online (of course
biggrin.gif
). So for your viewing pleasure:

Click here

Cheers and a thank you to BellySM!
Scorpei

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I've been out of loop. What's new about the MS Real compared to the M3 Simply?

Mainly the use of the G6 (type) kernel and its benefits (and for some, downsides).

So it's basically an N-Card?

What about the rumours that this could play GBA games that were circulating a long time ago?
As far as I know partially true (as to be expected). The use of an expansion pack (i.e. a G6/M3 slot-2 device or other) is needed to place the GBA game which can then be booted.

If that is true, we may see other flash cards doing this also.

Scorpei

OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the expansion pack thing, many / several flashcard producers already use them (not sure if the G6DS real already supports it?). For example the EZflash branch has their EZlfash 3 in 1 product and the SuperCard team uses the SC slot-2 solution to store GBA games (to play them) and as RAM expansion pack.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for sharing the pics that were shared with you Scorpei, I have a nice little collection of the reviewers images and always try to collect the new ones (these are a bit better than most).
what are there only half the connectors?

Those are the connections for the cable for programming the Actel on the front.
I was under the impression the Actel only provided boundary scanning (for IS Q/A wrather than ISP).

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so does this include a spring or not? I dislike how the new R4 doesn't include the spring. makes it more cheap chinese junk than it already was.

The GUI on this thing looks good, it reminds me of the late SNES days when competators were making their GUI more colorful and organized, to try to give you a feel of more options even if more was not necessarily present from one backup unit to another.

all in all, this looks very interesting. I wish an english version was out. I'm wondering if the english firmware will flash to this in the future. With the way they did things in the past, probably not but who knows. It is exciting to see that this product not only made the light of day but is also easy to acquire already.

Ok he has confirmed that it has a spring, will re-confirm it when I get my package. I will also try to make a more thorough review since a lot of questions remain unanswered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw