Û²Û    ÛÛ                                                             ÛÛ    Û²Û
Û²Û     ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß     Û²Û
Û²Û         ÛßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßÛ         Û²Û
Û²Û         Û  Greetings to everyone who likes to play our games  Û         Û²Û
ÛÛÛ         ÛÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÛ         ÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛÛ                                                                      ÜÛÛÛÛ
ÛÛÛÛÛÜÜ                                                               ÜÜÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ
 ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²²²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²²²²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²²²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ

It is currently impossible to play any of these cartridge dumps on Nintendo Switch hardware.

Also:

Please be mindful when posting in threads that we do not, under any circumstances condone piracy, and will not facilitate the spreading of illegal ROM files, or any other kind of warez.

Please do not ask for illegal files
Please do not post illegal files
Please do not share links to sites that host illegal warez
Failure to adhere will result in account suspensions or permanent bans.

If you see any of these activities, please report them.

If you have any questions please refer to :arrow:GBAtemp's TOS

As always GBAtemp will keep you updated with any further developments.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was only responding to the "piracy FUCK YEAH!" post. Obviously I could make ethical arguments against piracy, but the practical aspects are still important.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good luck, that's highly unlikely.

My apologies, I wasn't aware of the reason >.>

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've bought all Nintendo hardware back to the original NES. The last time I think I played a third party game was Street fighter 2 and MKII on snes. Nintendo hardware for Nintendo games, full stop.

Reactions: cearp

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is super cool but super risky. I'd love to see some cool data mines but please please please don't try to use these for pirating purposes. I'd hate to see the Switch fail because some people want free games.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is super cool but super risky. I'd love to see some cool data mines but please please please don't try to use these for pirating purposes. I'd hate to see the Switch fail because some people want free games.

From Wikipedia:

Actual crocodile behaviour[edit]
While crocodiles can and do generate tears, the tears are not linked to emotion.

spiderman1216

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Piracy might be bad for the Switch development as it scares people away. But yet again this are just raw game dumps with literally no way to use them
If the Switch sells well then I don't see developers being scared because of piracy as it's a small subset of people that do it, too small for it to even matter.

Reactions: cearp

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
When it comes to piracy in the West, users who pirate software account for a small minority of total users and usually fall under two categories: ones who cannot afford to buy games and ones who can, but don't want to. Either way, the games themselves are usually in plentiful supply but piracy users choose alternative means to obtain them.

I'd like to provide a perspective from a completely different region: China.

I have relatives who sell electronics (including Nintendo consoles) in China and according to them, users who pirate games there account for a large majority of system owners, the opposite to statistics from places like North America. What's interesting is that the main reason for doing so isn't the price of games or anything, it's the fact that Nintendo does not have official sales support there. There's a lot of demand, but zero supply. Sure, they have the subsidiary iQue but it's not proper Nintendo support and their releases are abysmal. The iQue DS only has 6 translated games and has specific regional lockout preventing it from playing imported DS games from other countries. The iQue 3DS has an even worse library of just 2 games with limited support for 12 overseas cartridges and no eShop. No-one is going to buy a console just to play 2 games.

As a result, users are forced to find alternative sources for games. My relatives say that the 3DS consoles they sell are mostly imported from Japan and that every single buyer makes their purchase with the intent of installing a custom firmware and pirating games simply because there's no legitimate channel for purchasing them and imported games aren't worth the hassle. Hardware sales have actually vastly increased since developments like A9LH and CFW came about. So in a bizarre way, piracy has actually driven console sales over there. It's a real shame because China's a huge market for gaming with so much potential for official Nintendo support.

In recent months, Nintendo does seem to be making more of an effort to localise content for China, especially with major titles like Pokémon Sun and Moon. I was surprised to find that the Switch had an option for Chinese in the OS, but then confused when it was removed in 2.0. Several games for Switch do have native Chinese language support built-in though. Hopefully one day there can be true support so that users don't have to rely on piracy.

Does this condone or justify the use of piracy? Absolutely not. Even though Nintendo kind of shot themselves in the foot in regions like China, pirating games there is just as hurtful to developers as pirating anywhere else in the world. And even if Nintendo did bring official support there would still be a percentage of users who pirate. It's not system-destroying levels of damage done, but it does hurt the developers who spend so much time and talent creating these games and as someone who has had their (non-programming) work pirated before, I can say that it's not a nice feeling at all.

Just thought I'd give a view from a perspective where the supply/demand situation is completely different to most of us.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not the case. ReSwitched plans to make every single exploit they have public eventually. The way they work is that they release either after Nintendo patches it or when they have a stockpile of exploits built up. In this way, they manage to have exploits work for the longest period of time possible, on the largest variety of firmwares possible.
Were not talking about reswitched... AT ALL....

Also piracy don't kill a console..... Some time it's even better....

athlongc

Trophies
XP
Country
China
When it comes to piracy in the West, users who pirate software account for a small minority of total users and usually fall under two categories: ones who cannot afford to buy games and ones who can, but don't want to. Either way, the games themselves are usually in plentiful supply but piracy users choose alternative means to obtain them.

I have relatives who sell electronics (including Nintendo consoles) in China and according to them, users who pirate games there account for a large majority of system owners, the opposite to statistics from places like North America. What's interesting is that the main reason for doing so isn't the price of games or anything, it's the fact that Nintendo does not have official sales support there. There's a lot of demand, but zero supply. Sure, they have the subsidiary iQue but it's not proper Nintendo support and their releases are abysmal. The iQue DS only has 6 translated games and has specific regional lockout preventing it from playing imported DS games from other countries. The iQue 3DS has an even worse library of just 2 games with limited support for 12 overseas cartridges and no eShop. No-one is going to buy a console just to play 2 games.

As a result, users are forced to find alternative sources for games. My relatives say that the 3DS consoles they sell are mostly imported from Japan and that every single buyer makes their purchase with the intent of installing a custom firmware and pirating games simply because there's no legitimate channel for purchasing them and imported games aren't worth the hassle. Hardware sales have actually vastly increased since developments like A9LH and CFW came about. So in a bizarre way, piracy has actually driven console sales over there. It's a real shame because China's a huge market for gaming with so much potential for official Nintendo support.

In recent months, Nintendo does seem to be making more of an effort to localise content for China, especially with major titles like Pokémon Sun and Moon. I was surprised to find that the Switch had an option for Chinese in the OS, but then confused when it was removed in 2.0. Several games for Switch do have native Chinese language support built-in though. Hopefully one day there can be true support so that users don't have to rely on piracy.

Does this condone or justify the use of piracy? Absolutely not. Even though Nintendo kind of shot themselves in the foot in regions like China, pirating games there is just as hurtful to developers as pirating anywhere else in the world. And even if Nintendo did bring official support there would still be a percentage of users who pirate. It's not system-destroying levels of damage done, but it does hurt the developers who spend so much time and talent creating these games and as someone who has had their (non-programming) work pirated before, I can say that it's not a nice feeling at all.

Just thought I'd give a view from a perspective where the supply/demand situation is completely different to most of us.
Hi, which version or when you see the OS has Chinese? I am from China and want to know about it.

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

As a oriental studies doctoral degree (Ph.D) student i can confirm that this is 100% true. Not just with China too, there are countless of regions in Asia whose languages aren't supported and that Nintendo simply does not support.

Reactions: NekoMichi

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can we find the roms ? google isn't helping:(

Links below in spoiler.

https://gbatemp.net/help/terms

"Warez" - ROMs, WADs, ISOs & CIAs

"Warez" is an internet term used to describe copyrighted software, game, film, music and data piracy.
  • We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs.
  • We do not allow or condone sharing of title keys or any other form of copyrighted material or content.
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).
  • Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
  • We do not condone piracy in any way.
  • Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.
These rules also apply to other "warez" too, not just ROM, WAD, ISO & CIA files; this includes (but is NOT limited to) - licensed and copyrighted software, code, movies, music, video games, magazines, comics, e-books, television shows, illegal torrents, etc. These rules also account for "keygens" and "cracks" including how to obtain, apply or install them.

Those are the most frequently broken rules, and are the most important. Failure to comply with these rules may result in an instant ban on your forum account. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
Links below in spoiler.

"Warez" is an internet term used to describe copyrighted software, game, film, music and data piracy.
  • We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs.
  • We do not allow or condone sharing of title keys or any other form of copyrighted material or content.
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).
  • Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
  • Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.
These rules also apply to other "warez" too, not just ROM, WAD, ISO & CIA files; this includes (but is NOT limited to) - licensed and copyrighted software, code, movies, music, video games, magazines, comics, e-books, television shows, illegal torrents, etc. These rules also account for "keygens" and "cracks" including how to obtain, apply or install them.

Those are the most frequently broken rules, and are the most important. Failure to comply with these rules may result in an instant ban on your forum account. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!
i didn't ask for a direct link. i just need help how to find it

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't ask for a direct link. i just need help how to find it

Sorry I misunderstood.

Emphasis added where necessary to help clear the air.

There's probably a dozen or two sites out there that will be more than happy to point you in the right direction, whether that be links or a general hint. This is not one of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying