Hacking 'first in/not enough power-battery dry or first..

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...in"

why does the ez IV loader always say this when either booting up the nds menu or the gba menu?? "not enough power/battery dry" is it talking about the dsl's battery cuz when i first tried it the battery was charged (so knda doesnt make ne sense)...and i didnt think u need to charge the ez4/lite as it doesnt come with anything to allow you to charge it unless im supposed to leave it in my dsl while its plugged in?

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have read about 4 or 5 diferent posts about this problem with the EZ4 lite microSD in the last week or so.

The battery is most likely not connected, take a look at the top arm that holds the battery, if it's not touching, make it so it is.

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it seems to be touching...when you talk about the 2 arms...you're referring to the 2 solder points to the right of the battery?? b/c otherwise im pretty sure it is touching. could it just be a bug with the loader??

also, other than this odd msg the functionality of the cart seems to be unaffected.

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly am i lookin for in this pic...thats what mine looks like

does the cart need to sit in the gba slot while the dsl is plugged in to charge the ez4/L's battery??

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dead battery as in within the ez4 lite or the ds itself...also if battery was dead wouldnt functionality in some way be affected...i run gba and nds games fine...booted up guardian heroes and it was written to the psram and then booted up normally...and ds games also play just fine. saving also isnt an issue.

edit: ok now apparently saving is an issue...it wont save...plays the roms fine..but i just played new super mario brothers and saved my game...wnet back to load my file and it wasnt there...so then the issue has to do with the battery...odd though b/c i remember super princess peach saving once. ugh. if ne1 can help please post...TIA

edit 2: also i dont think the battery is dead b/c sometimes i get the error and sometimes i dont...its inconsistent...which leads me to believe maybe it does need to be charged? or if there is something im not looking at carefully enough to see where the battery should be connected..and if it does need to be connected how i would go about doing that.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does indeed sound like a battery issue, I would wager one of the two is wrong from your description:

1) Your battery is situtated in such a way that some times you battery is connected and sometimes it is not. Anytime you move your DS around the battery could "shake" from one state to the other. I'd check the solder joints on the battery to make sure they're not cold and also that the metal flaps attached to the battery are actually attached. If the former is the problem some minor skill w/ a soldering iron shold fix it. If it's the later I'd recomend some conductive adhesive.

2) Your battery isn't getting enough juice to keep it charged. I'd suggest pluging your DS in and just leaving it on at the EZ4 menu or while playing a game from the EZ4 for a few hours.

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the responses...the issue seems to have been resolved...i left the ez4 lite in my dsl all day 2da while i was out with my g/f...left the dsl on and sitting on the regular ds boot menu with the ez4 lite in the gba slot. saves work now and i only get that msg "first in or not enough power" on the first time i boot up the ez4L after reinserting one of my 2 TF cards i use with it. i find it odd that it comes with no instructions advising you to make sure u charge it first...found that to be odd.

edit: every once in a while a game wont save correctly still due to the "first in/not enough power" error...doesnt seem to be as often...im going to leave the ez4 lite in the gba slot while its plugged in on the ez4 menu while i sleep and see if that helps in the morning...if i still get odd inconsistent saves, i have already contacted winsunx on possibly doing an even exchange on the item and am just awaiting their response as to how exactly this will be done if need be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay