New OLED w cfw: massive battery drain after setup

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Brand new OLED modded last week w Hwfly v4 chip. No issues, trained and worked right away once I setup a new SD card for it. First time in Hekate, I plugged in a USB charge cable, and had it charge up to about 95%, then went ahead and setup emunand and all that.

First issue: It kept doing that thing when after I power off the switch, it would reboot if I plugged in a usb cable. Wasn't sure what do to so I turned off the screen in Hekate after powering it on, and when I came back couple hours later, it was down to around 45% battery. (Why the hell would it drain so damn fast with screen off, no games running??)

Second issue: I found that setting in Hekate that stops that usb plugin/wake reboot thing from happening, and stopped that from happening. (At this time Switch was aroune 30% battery according to Hekate screen.
Turned off the switch, plugged in USB C cable, looked for chip light turning on and nothing, screen black so it appeared to be powered off.

Came back after a few hours, turn on Switch and boots into Hekate....battery at 36%?!? wth?? This is the same cable I use to charge my V1 switch for months, no problem.

When I first got into Hekate prior to setting up emunand and such, I checked the battery stats, and it showed everything correctly. Battery was in good health and nothing looked unusual. % of battery life matches up in Hekate, to what was in the switch main menu when you launch atmosphere emunand.

What is going on here based on my story?? Why is the battery draining so fast and why does it not seem to be charging correctly after the initial charge was close to full after a couple hours?? Seemed to be perfectly fine a day or two ago. Is there some setting in Hekate that could be causing this? I had no issues like this with my launch V1 Switch when I converted it to Atmosphere. The V1 battery currently sucks from years of use, but its not behaving like this new OLED is now and is holding a charge longer...what gives?

Anything I should check or toggle on/off in Hekate, based on having a hwfly chip?

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had the same problem a year or so ago. let the battery run completely dry. After that, let it charge for 24hours.

After that it worked fine for me.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as an experiment I put it into cfw emunand, and put it into sleep mode on a USB charger. Came back about two hours later, it's up to 98%. Unplugged it came back about 30 min later and was at 97. So battery seems technically sound I think?

I powered it off and will check in an hour if it drains when off. If it does, then it must be in some kind of semi power off mode where it's being drained from something.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after I power off the switch, it would reboot if I plugged in a usb cable.
That's normal for a switch with modchip, as soon as you plug in the usb cable, it will boot to hekate. Just put it in sleep mode and charge, turning it off won't make it charge any faster.

I'm not sure if fast charge even works in hekate, last time I let an oled run out of battery and die, it charged very slow in hekate.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be charging/holding a charge now. Haven't tested game drain rate, but just sitting in standby seems normal. Maybe just a fluke behavior.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc