Battery desync or bad battery?

Zris96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I've been having this issue for a while but i've never tried to fix it until recently... The thing is that idk anymore if the problem is a bad battery or if it is just battery desync...

My problem is that my switch started to turn off when it gets to 40% a couple months ago, so this last week, I've been trying to fix it...

- I've tried disconnecting the battery and plug in it again...
- Tried 2 charge cycle (100% (and leaved it charging for like an hour extra) to 0% (until my switch turn off and them letting it power off while on hekate), to 100% and to 0% again)
- Tried the Battery Desync Fix Nx from CTCaer and doing 2 charge cycle again.

And nothing of this fix it...

Something strange that i found is that on the Battery Desync Fix homebrew and in Hekate Battery Info, my battery "Voltage Now" never gets to 4.2mV as it suppose to when it is at 100%, it only gets to like 3.95mV max.

The charge also doesn't last the same time as it's supposed to... I compare this with my gf switch, and hers last a lot longer, so this makes me think that it may be a bad battery issue... With a full charge, my switch last only like 30 mins playing games like Zelda.

Another thing to address is that i dont have any kip other than the defaults one that comes with atmosphere, no themes, no mods, and no overclocking.

Is there something i'm doing wrong? or should i just buy a new battery and try with it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Base on the battery report the overall battery capacity is 66% of it original capacity, it would explain why it shutting off earlier, as it capacity is not as high as before, it does sound like it is not calibrating correctly.

Zris96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
It got that numbers in one of my tries to calibrate it... but even with that capacity, the "voltage now" goes below 3.2mV (which is 0%) before the "capacity now"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: