First In-Engine Halo 4 Screenshots Leaked

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The books are ok at best. Most of it doesn't even follow the in-game story.

Also @Guild Mass Effect has 3 books out now...

Which no one has read and which no one actually talks about. Mass Effect weaves its story fine without outside help. If Halo's story is justifiable by "Well there's books for it so it's not shit" then by the Dictators Burn Books property (don't bother Googling it, it's a long story), it's a shit story.

Reactions: 1 person

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Halo's story? It looks like we've got some real comedians on this site...

There is 4 books mate. I reccomend a read through if you're a sci-fi war-literature fan.

If you need books to tell the story of a video game then your story is shit.

They're not necessary. They just add to the game IMO.

They're about as required to to the game as the 343 Guilty Spark cutscenes hidden in Halo Anniversary edition.

I hope the forerunners return.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The books are ok at best. Most of it doesn't even follow the in-game story.

Also @Guild Mass Effect has 3 books out now...

Which no one has read and which no one actually talks about. Mass Effect weaves its story fine without outside help. If Halo's story is justifiable by "Well there's books for it so it's not shit" then by the Dictators Burn Books property (don't bother Googling it, it's a long story), it's a shit story.
Never said the story was good, just saying your statement doesn't apply to every game. And no one reads the Halo books either, the first one is a re-telling of the first game and the other 3 are different stories altogether so it's not like it's trying to make the in-game stories any better. Just...fanfiction that got published.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never said the story was good, just saying your statement doesn't apply to every game. And no one reads the Halo books either, the first one is a re-telling of the first game and the other 3 are different stories altogether so it's not like it's trying to make the in-game stories any better. Just...fanfiction that got published.

But my point was that the story is shit and it is. Saying the characters are made of cardboard is an insult to cardboard cutouts everywhere.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

But my point was that the story is shit and it is. Saying the characters are made of cardboard is an insult to cardboard cutouts everywhere.
Meh, I find the story to be ok. Not best seller omg better make a movie out of it...suppose it's just all personal opinion, although I'm sure we can all agree the story is pretty bad.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. Unpopular opinion, I get it.

Here it goes;

I enjoyed the Halo books. I enjoy the storyline to Halo, I enjoyed spending days of my life delving into the games even though they are quite easy.

The only thing about Halo I don't like is online multiplayer. Local multiplayer is where it's at for Halo.

And you know what? You're entitled to your opinion. I for one can't stand Final Fantasy.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Meh, I find the story to be ok. Not best seller omg better make a movie out of it...suppose it's just all personal opinion, although I'm sure we can all agree the story is pretty bad.

So is the story okay or pretty bad?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Pretty bad is still ok.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pretty bad is still ok.

Ah, I just figured that pretty bad was, you know, pretty bad.

Reactions: 2 people

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waaaait a sec. I'm not alone in enjoying Halo's story? Cooooool. Looks really nice. I wouldn't look too much into the armor improvements, it'll most likely just become a plothole or we'll be told it was purely asthetic. To show off the engine.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk