Gaming First impressions of Teenage Zombies

Cheesemonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing it for a good 10 minutes.

It's just a sub-average platformer with bad graphics. The DS can do 3D and nice effects, why do I have to put up with choppy sprites and bad animations? Not to mention that the introduction pretty much explains that the developers are trying desperately to be funny but end up having Disney channel humor.

It's also got the annoying "Hey! Switch between 3 characters! Even though this is not fun, we'll put it in there anyways!"

Unless somehow it gets amazing later on, the game isn't anything spectacular and ends up being sub-par. We've seen Thousands of these games on the GBA, none of them selling, what makes you think we want more?

So, what are everyone else's impressions?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played it, but this was my impression just from reading the release thread.

Thanks for confirming my feelings on this game. I will now not bother to try it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thaigrocer said:
I recommend elf bowling. 1&2. I prefer 2. It's elf bleeding out of every pore.

I actually BOUGHT that game when it came out.
shy.gif

Truth. That was back before I knew anything about flashcarts for DS.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its better than most games, at least its got a certain style. Shame the game is kinda homebrewey.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know but I really like the game, yes I would appreciate more of a lost vikings approach (mentioned thousands of times already, I know), but even though the puzzling is so limited it's I guess the style that caught me
biggrin.gif
plus I really like the music. And you saying the graphics are bad, yeah maybe the sprites aren't antialised, they could maybe be more pixelarty, but hey the backgrounds are pretty sweet and you'll get used to the spritegraphics
biggrin.gif

Still since we're on a "backup" forum I think it wouldn't hurt if people would at least check the game out and play it for a bit themselves. It maybe even takes less time to download and test than finding out how good it is on forums.

Also switching between the zombies is no more of a gimmick than changing weapons. They've all got different attacks so you choose between them in fights aswell so you make the best use of their powers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0