First Disgaea game will be getting a PC version

header.jpg

The first game in the popular SRPG series, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, will be getting a PC version this coming February. It'll include new features such as Steam Achievements, keyboard and mouse support, a new UI and textures, as well as including content from the PSP/DS rerelease: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness.

:arrow:Source

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what this is, you should explain what it is in the article, not just go "Hey this thing you never heard of is getting a port!"
Anyway, if it's on Steam then I don't care.
It's not my fault if someone doesn't know what a game series is. I just report the news. Google is your friend. :teach:

D

Deleted User

It's a news post, not a review. OP's shouldn't be required to write an essay about anything that anybody might not know. Also... if you don't know what the game is, and don't care about the system it's for, why are you even posting in the first place?
I meant like a short description.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to mention that there are 6 games in the main series, a visual novel and 2 spin-off platformers [that I am aware of], as well as numerous cameos from the characters in other games. The series has existed across 3 home consoles [PS2, 3 & 4] and 3 portable systems [DS, PSP, Vita]. How exactly is this obscure news of no interest to anyone?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Kind of off topic....but I've never understood why Sony platforms are the first ones, and often the only ones, to receive most Disgaea games. I would think quirky strategy games would be better suited for Nintendo. Hopefully Nintendo can work something out with NIS to get some exclusive games for the NX.

They're determined, I'll give them that. Staying Sony exclusive for a decade at one point.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They're determined, I'll give them that. Staying Sony exclusive for a decade at one point.

and probably because there are more jrpg players bought sony console. traditionally, sony playstation was the home of the greatest jrpgs. and also because they are fellow japanese companies, I guess?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and probably because there are more jrpg players bought sony console. traditionally, sony playstation was the home of the greatest jrpgs. and also because they are fellow japanese companies, I guess?
Xenophobia, combined with a cultural dissonance about anything originating outside their home islands.
We've been seeing that for years from Japanese companies... it's appalling, but not surprising anymore, and that's sad.

Japanese dev houses, and Japanese console makers for years have been keeping regional exclusives. Remember Mother 1, and 3? The only good 16-bit BTTF game? the only good Godzilla game of the same era? The Neo Geo version of Super Dodge Ball that we can't even buy legitimately?
Japanese dev houses especially treat PC like a third-class citizen. Remember Resident Evil 4? Un-remappable key bindings and an impossible default key map unless you gave up and plugged in a 360 controller. The Dynasty warriors games forcing a 30fps frame lock, even when there was nothing about them that technically required it. Or Final Fantasy XIII ONLY outputting in 720p, regardless of what your system was capable of.

I'll admit I never played disgaea, but I find myself fearing on behalf of its fans, wondering what kind of plague-like awfulness the developers have in store for making as unnecessary limitations on the PC release.

Last edited by codezer0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky