RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
Linkiboy said:
QUOTE said:
Sony said today it is investigating what caused PlayStation Network and its web domains to suffer from outages yesterday. The company issued a statement this morning suggesting it was a possible target from an "outside party." The statement can be read in full below:
We are currently investigating, including the possibility of targeted behavior of an outside party. If this is indeed caused by such an act, we want to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service. Our engineers are working to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers' continued support.

Yesterday, the hacker group known as Anonymous issued a threat to Sony saying it would attack its web domains. Sony later said PSN would be "undergoing sporadic maintenance" and that access to the PSN "may be interrupted throughout the day."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159776p1.html

Guess stuff will happen, after all
Sony deserve all the shit they get. Talking about shit, it's hit the fan and Sony need to run out of their corporate building and apologise to their customers for their stupidity earlier this year whilst dealing with Geohot. Unforutnately, they haven't done this. Sony are the most protective company I know and Anonymous are rightly doing this

bow.gif

srsly, DDoS? DDoS causing problems for sony!?
biggrin.gif

superkidmax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Sony deserve all the shit they get. Talking about shit, it's hit the fan and Sony need to run out of their corporate building and apologise to their customers for their stupidity earlier this year whilst dealing with Geohot. Unforutnately, they haven't done this. Sony are the most protective company I know and Anonymous are rightly doing this
+1 soooo true. sony is way too overprotective. While Sony is getting all ape scat on haXX0Rz Nintendo and Microsoft and just chilling and taking mild actions. I barely play my PS3 anyway.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RNorthex said:
tigris said:
Linkiboy said:
QUOTE said:
Sony said today it is investigating what caused PlayStation Network and its web domains to suffer from outages yesterday. The company issued a statement this morning suggesting it was a possible target from an "outside party." The statement can be read in full below:
We are currently investigating, including the possibility of targeted behavior of an outside party. If this is indeed caused by such an act, we want to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service. Our engineers are working to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers' continued support.

Yesterday, the hacker group known as Anonymous issued a threat to Sony saying it would attack its web domains. Sony later said PSN would be "undergoing sporadic maintenance" and that access to the PSN "may be interrupted throughout the day."

bow.gif

srsly, DDoS? DDoS causing problems for sony!?
biggrin.gif

I surprised companies can't handle huge server loads like this, its a fault of their own. Whenever an online service launches, it always takes a bit to fix because somehow whilst telling everyone that their console is a best-seller, they forget about server capacity for online services for that console.
wacko.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll just sit back and enjoy the entire show, and when it's all over I'll just laugh it all off.
*grabs popcorn*

xdmario1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlayStation Network: Your Destination for Entertainment

And a DDOS!

Whatever, only the BLOPS fanboys are crying.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I was trying to decide if I wanted an xbox 360 or playstation 3. I had originally decided on a ps3, but after the sales rep asked for a blood sample and tried to get me to sign a contract that gave sony possession of my soul...I just left.

xdmario1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
well, I was trying to decide if I wanted an xbox 360 or playstation 3. I had originally decided on a ps3, but after the sales rep asked for a blood sample and tried to get me to sign a contract that gave sony possession of my soul...I just left.

Looks like you didn't even finish reading the fine print!
rolleyes.gif

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
what the hell DDOS mean?

it's sort of an attack that "messes up connections"

microsoft, nintendo, apple...those i can support, even lg who had stolen quite a feew things, only sony sucks

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
what the hell DDOS mean?DDoS Attack: Distributed Denial of Service Attack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_ser...tributed_attack

Essentially they're flooding Sony's servers in an attempt to take them offline... but it's not working.
QUOTEUnlike MyDoom's DDoS mechanism, botnets can be turned against any IP address. Script kiddies use them to deny the availability of well known websites to legitimate users.[12] More sophisticated attackers use DDoS tools for the purposes of extortion — even against their business rivals.[13]
That's what anonymous is... a bunch of script kiddies.
Sure a few have knowledge to do things, but the majority are just blindly following like sheep.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
what the hell DDOS mean?
Distributed Denial-Of-Service
It's when a group of people, in this case anonymous, send a massive amount of requests to a server overloading it making it in accessible. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Not certain though.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is all this making me so nervous?

That video.... it scared me. And this.

I really don't want this to affect people who never even used jailbreaks.

Geohot had it coming publicly releasing the keys. He was just asking for it....

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
iFish said:
Why is all this making me so nervous?

That video.... it scared me. And this.

I really don't want this to affect people who never even used jailbreaks.

Geohot had it coming publicly releasing the keys. He was just asking for it....

this is also my current concern. they disrupted my black ops online munchies yesterday, because server was down...

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
tigris said:
Linkiboy said:
QUOTE said:

Their actual customers don't care, hence Sony have nothing to apologise about.

Anonymous are again only harming the consumer as the company doesn't give a shit.

edit: Oh and let me make an (hypothetical) analogy about being "protective". You lock your doors at night before going to bed? You deserve to have your home broken into, have your shit stolen and/or be killed in your sleep. The criminal can rightly do this.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
tigris said:
Linkiboy said:
QUOTE said:

Their actual customers don't care, hence Sony have nothing to apologise about.

Anonymous are again only harming the consumer as the company doesn't give a shit.

edit: Oh and let me make an (hypothetical) analogy about being "protective". You lock your doors at night before going to bed? You deserve to have your home broken into, have your shit stolen and/or be killed in your sleep. The criminal can rightly do this.

perhaps, but who is the real criminal here? sony takes away ps2 bc saying we don't need it, sony takes away other OS saying no one used it, and sony takes away vibration saying it's last gen only to release it later. and, might I add, that the removal of other OS was blackmail as u were forced to update or have no psn access and the inability to play new games. what's ethical is a two-way street...and I can't wait 'til that company is snuffed out of existence.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
I'm not sure that it makes sense for you to equate the "protective" measures of a multinational conglomerate with the personal security of a family unit's home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: