Firmware status

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Nah3DS, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Just try to push a payload through RCM mode like Hekate and see if it run or not, if it doesn't run you got a patched unit.

Shakushi007 likes this.
  2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    ReiNX is basically an older version of atmosphere with some important anti-telemetry stuff intentionally removed for some reason. So if your Switch is unpatched use atmosphere and if you want to install NSPs use these as well: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/
    You could also use Kosmos if you want, which is a atmosphere package some basic things like some homebrew utilities and sigpatches included: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases

Shakushi007 likes this.
  3. Shakushi007

Shakushi007 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2013
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    so today i tried to put payload through RCM mode and by the time i hit Inject Payload button on TegraRcmGUI2.4 it keep running with injecting payload and on top it say Not Responding like the picture, can you tell me if i did something wrong or my Switch was patched? it was like that for 30 minutes already...

Attached Files:

12.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    Last edited by Shakushi007, Jan 23, 2019
  4. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Very high chance that you got a patch unit.

Shakushi007 likes this.
  5. Shakushi007

Shakushi007 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2013
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    so should i wait for the next release or just go a head and upgrade my firmware, patched meaning i won't be able to CFW my Switch at all or just for the current hack release? thank you so much for your help recently :)

6. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    No estimate time when patch unit would get support, the unpatched unit took a while for it to open door to CFW such as ReiNX or Atmosphere. You best solution is to either get rid of that switch go hunting for an unpatched unit or just buy an unpatch unit if you got the money, I believe 4.1.0 was the first patched unit out there so guarantee to be unpatch if you can find a really low firmware.

Shakushi007 likes this.
  7. Nah3DS
    OP

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    I updated the chart. Let me know if you find any mistakes.

8. adammo

adammo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    Poland
    Warsaw, Poland
    Does anyone work on exploiting the patched units? (I will be getting my switch straight from Japan so probably I will be getting patched one ;/)

9. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Not possible right now.

10. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Keep it on the lowest firmware possible, ipatched systems on 4.1.0-6.0.1 will eventually be able to use CFW (although 4.1.0 will be easier)

11. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
  12. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Doesn't matter if it userland only, pegaswitch with smhax on 1.0.0-3.0.0 was also userland only

13. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    all the more reason it should be put in the table then :)

although I recall on 1.0.0 pegaswitch also allows you to reboot to rcm
    no idea about pegaswitch on 2.0.0-3.0.0, but for sure it doesn't work on 5.0.0-6.0.1

14. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Yea :P. Also 4.x should probably be put on it as well since pegaswitch technically supports it to. Although I'm guessing they're waiting for nvhax to get pushed before adding 4.0.0-6.0.1 to the chart

I forgot about that :P. Yea it's 1.0.0 only, and uses Jamais Vu iirc

15. n0v317y

n0v317y Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    Ukraine
  16. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
  17. spelda

spelda Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    Singapore
    I'm all new to the topic so I apologize if I'm too dumb to understand it.. But.. Isn't the table that is showing all the serial numbers, stating that all systems lower than "XAW107800X" are able to be modded? So why is it that his system with the serial "XAW100680XX" which is significantly lower is a patched unit?

I'm about to buy a Switch myself and a little confused now. Thanks for anyone who can answer my question!

Last edited by spelda, Feb 10, 2019
  18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Where did you read "XAW100680XX" is patched? On the spreadsheet and thread, its listed as unpatched.

Lacius likes this.
  19. spelda

spelda Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    Singapore
    If you read the last 20 posts in this thread you will see a conversation between @Shakushi007 and @Hayato213

They are discussing a unit with the serial "XAW100680XX" and come to the conclusion that it is patched. But to my understanding that should not be possible, right?

Last edited by spelda, Feb 18, 2019 at 2:36 AM