Hacking Firmware 3.61 released.

D

Deleted User

He can still use vita update blocker for now if he wished to go online/use ps store...

No need to update asap.
Vita update blocker only works for a few weeks after a new update is released though.
Afterwards, there will just be no more access again under the latest FW, as far as I know.

Reactions: tuxdude143

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Vita update blocker only works for a few weeks after a new update is released though.
Afterwards, there will just be no more access again under the latest FW, as far as I know.
Basically this. Update blocker is a temp solution and plus because I review vita games I need to be on the latest firmware in order to ensure compatibility

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll also update mine as soon as I receive the update. Homebrew is cool and all, but right now, while the Vita is still getting new games, I want mine to be fully updated (besides, I have tons of pre-ordered games which will need PSN access to download the pre-order bonus stuff).

In my PSP Go, which I use mainly for emulation and fan translations I had no problem with missing updates, but for my 3DS and Vita, while there's new games out there, they shall remain virgin. x'D

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

jon2491

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hoping someone makes a spoofer for henkaku so we can still sign in. I have too many PS Plus games.

Last edited by jon2491,

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So long as you have a PS3, you don't need to update if you want the latest games AND homebrew. I doubt any games are going to start shipping with requirements of this new FW any time soon either.
Eh, I dunno about that...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was a completly new post needed to be made? Yeah is about a new update but the only reason why anyone announced it was HENKAKU. So why not just talk about it inside that already existing thread!?:mellow:

If HENKAKU Wasn't a big deal, then i'm 100% no one would care to create this topic.:creep:

D

Deleted User

Was a completly new post needed to be made? Yeah is about a new update but the only reason why anyone announced it was HENKAKU. So why not just talk about it inside that already existing thread!?:mellow:

If HENKAKU Wasn't a big deal, then i'm 100% no one would care to create this topic.:creep:
Well, I don't see why we shouldn't have a brief announcement/warning thread specifically for the new update. It can warn new users just starting in the Vita scene that the new update ruins their chance for native homebrew.

I just wish the OP would add a little more detail into his post. :(
Things such as, maybe, why it doesn't work (function offsets/addresses would need to be found and ported over to HENkaku, if the exploit hasn't already been patched)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Chary and memomo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs