Hacking Firmware 3.61 released.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
The Vita doesn't update in the background like the Wii U does so the situations are not comparible. If it asks you to update, choose no. If you accidently choose yes, turn your machine off before it finishes downloading the update.

The Wii U literally downloads and installs the updates in the background, even in sleep mode. The Vita doesn't. If you're that worried, turn off wifi and only turn it on when you need it (to reinstall Henkaku or whatever).

Perfect, thanks for the clarification

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita doesn't update in the background like the Wii U does so the situations are not comparible. If it asks you to update, choose no. If you accidently choose yes, turn your machine off before it finishes downloading the update.

The Wii U literally downloads and installs the updates in the background, even in sleep mode. The Vita doesn't. If you're that worried, turn off wifi and only turn it on when you need it (to reinstall Henkaku or whatever).
Haha yeah touching anything internet related with the WiiU is a nightmare. I go to sleep at night praying my WiiU doesn't magically update even with the internet modem torn from the wall xD

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
sad days, really want to update to access my online features, what's this trick to temporarily block the update and is there any risks?
Download and run the Vita Update Blocker, then go to the Wifi settings of your vita, set Proxy to Enabled, input your IP as shown in the update blocker window, and the 8080 port. That's it. Try to access the store for example and it will work. This will only work for about a week or so though.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've also been hit with an update prompt here in the UK, website still says 3.60 is max but Nintendo do the same thing where they take their time updating the site (usually to catch ppl out).

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, good thing I got my PS Vita in time and updated to 3.60. I'm not sure yet how it handles pending updates, but it doesn't sound too bad compared to Nintendo.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wut? Pony's new FW is already out? The great Nintondo should really take a lesson from Pony on ''how to have their engineers move as quickly a.f.'' :P

Last edited by leon315,

Alex79uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if you can still use Remote Play on the Vita without updating? To be honest, emulation on the Vita has been amazing, but I can't manage without remote play in my house!! I'll be updating if I have to... :( It's only a matter if time until HENkaku 3.61 is released, I'm sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple