Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
My firefox always seem to start up with windows 7, I can easily kill it and things. I don't think it is a spyware, as I monitor my system with process explorer and autoruns. It is also not a fake version of firefox.exe as some installation files that require me to close the browser requires me to terminate that process before continuing... anyone have any ideas?

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going to Start -> All Programs -> Startup. Check if FireFox is there. That might be the reason why. If FireFox is there, delete it if you wish.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
It's a bit more complex than that. I use autoruns to monitor my registry contents, and under any configuration of start up, it does not include firefox.exe. I do however, think that firefox being at start up has something to do with another program inducing it, or some program calling it as I start it. There are no suspicious startup files also, they are all from legit companies that either makes drivers (nVidia, etc.) or programs (Adobe, etc.)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What website does it go to when it starts up?
And I'm pretty sure if you disabled everything on the msconfig Startup (and maybe Services too), then it will not automatically start-up anymore.
So you have some work to do figuring out which program it is that's causing the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.