Hardware FireFox dont make cache

PeaCe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
My FireFox (2.0.0.3) dont make cache ...
anyone can help me about this problem ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry about my poor english :'(
shy.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yep, upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.10 or use Netscape, as it uses the same FF engine, it's faster, you can use all your FF extension and themes on it, and lighter for your system.
wink.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, upgrade to Firefox 2.0.0.10 or use Netscape, as it uses the same FF engine, it's faster, you can use all your FF extension and themes on it, and lighter for your system.
wink.gif

are you 100% sure of that statement?
the only annoyance i have with FF is that its a memoryhog so if netscape is lighter and i can still use all my FF extensions on it then ill gladly swith over.

are all extension supported?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wink.gif

are you 100% sure of that statement?
the only annoyance i have with FF is that its a memoryhog so if netscape is lighter and i can still use all my FF extensions on it then ill gladly swith over.

are all extension supported?

Yes, I can confirm that practically ALL are supported. Some will say that they can't be installed, etc (such as Chatzilla!). To make them compatible, you can use this way:

"What you can do is open the configuration (about:config) in your Firefox browser, right click the list and create a boolean extensions.checkCompatibility option there. Set its value to false and restart the browser. Then try to install the extension and voilá, it will work.
smile.gif
". And more, I've been using Chatzilla on Netscape (although Netscape said before I did this trick that it wasn't supported) just as I do on Firefox and there are no problems to report.

I can confirm that Netscape IS indeed faster than Firefox. GBATemp takes like 5 seconds to fully load on Netscape (naturally, this depends on your connection, mine is 2Mb, for reference and comparison), and Firefox takes nearly 9 seconds.

All these values are WITHOUT cache (loading GBATemp right after turning on the CPU), because with cache FF takes 2 sec. and Netscape is slightly faster.

Netscape uses the Firefox 2.0.0.10 engine, so everything you have on FF you can also have on Netscape, not to mention exclusive feature to NS such as URL correction (like if you type GBATemp.nte it will tell you that it's wrong and if you meant .net). Link Pad is an awesome feature where you can save interesting links without cluttering your bookmarks for future visits).

Resuming, I think Netscape 9.0.0.4 is one of the best browsers around. It has everything FF has (heck, you can even use your actual FF theme on it!), the interface is the same, and it's faster to load, not to mention not being a memory hog (Netscape uses around half the memory FF consumes on the same page). I'd recommend it to anyone who loves FF (like me), but doesn't want it to eat up all your memory and it's faster to load pages.

And yes, the mighty Adblock Plus is natively supported, as all other FF extensions and themes.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it