Gaming Firefox deleting cookies

monkeyboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upon closing firefox and opening it again, I noticed that all my cookies were deleted. It happens everytime I open and close firefox. I looked at the settings and they were fine. I've also uninstalled and installed firefox too and it remained the same. Any idea how to fix it? Its getting pretty annoying. Thanks.

monkeyboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh.. well yeah I do have it set there.

Heres how it looks like:
firefoxsetting.jpg

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In my experience and opinion Firefox version 3 is horrible. Try finding a copy of FF2 or try out Chrome or Opera.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkeyboi said:
Nope, but I do have AVG Free edition, Avast, and Avira. You think thats the problem?

It is possible that one of those programs is deleting your cookies. Look through their options.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trolly said:
Dewd, just use the one Anti-Virus. Using 3 will take up all your PC's resources, plus they'll conflict and do worse together than one would by itself.
That.

I still don't understand why people need 2+ crappy/not crappy antiviruses and think that it makes total security. It doesn't and it'll just create more problems. Use 1 good AV, like NOD32 or Kaspersky.

monkeyboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, well at first I had only AVG. Then I wanted to try different virus scanners. So I got Avira and Avast. I'm starting to like Avira better because it has a better detection rate but it's really slow. I'll uninstall AVG and Avast and see and what happens.

After I uninstalled AVG and Avast, it remained the same. I also made sure Avira isn't deleting the cookies.

Yes!! I solved my problem! In case anyone runs into this problem, delete cookies.sqlite and permissions.sqlite in your profile folder for Firefox. Also, thank you everyone for trying to help me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1