firecard problem

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by aloo, Aug 26, 2008.

1. aloo
    OP

aloo Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2008
    hi can anyone assist my firecard has been great for ages , but recently all files were wiped and the card will not reboot sayin:- Error:FAT Cluster size must > 16 K byte! Please reformat card!

i have tried to format card (pressing L/R and touch screen) but will not let me perform format.

i have since seen that the card is blank!!!???

any help out there would be appreciated.

2. leinad

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Hold Down+L+R+A+B on starting the DS. Should start a format.

3. aloo
    OP

aloo Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2008
    hi, yeah tried that and "loading menu" appears, and nothing happens, as soon as i let go of all buttons the same "Error FAT cluster size" warning comes up.

4. aloo
    OP

aloo Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2008
    after reading a couple of posts on your forums i tried this:_ press a,b,x,y,L,R and up, when selecting the firecard. A message appears on the screnn in red lettering saying " USB SAFE BLOCK D12(ADDR5) " anyone got any clues what this means, or if it is solveable???

5. leinad

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    USB Safe block mode is for firmware upgrading... nothing wrong.

Hmm,,, Try holding Start+Select on booting your DS ? According to the readme in the newer firmware this opens a format-menu

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice