ROM Hack Discussion Fire Emblem: Three Houses General Hacking

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DryBones, yes, that's the correct location.

I haven't done extensive testing but persondata only gets applied when you do a new game. Any changes beyond that requires hex editing on your save file.

Since you are manually adding Sothis into your save file, you'll have to give her the proper stats, spells, class, level, and ranks using the save editor.

DryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@DryBones, yes, that's the correct location.

I haven't done extensive testing but persondata only gets applied when you do a new game. Any changes beyond that requires hex editing on your save file.

Since you are manually adding Sothis into your save file, you'll have to give her the proper stats, spells, class, level, and ranks using the save editor.
oh ok, good thing I was just at the start of the game when I tried that, so, if I start a new game with the persona file, finish the first stage, save, I will get Sothis with the persona file data, correct? in that case going to give it a try.

Just a question it can be a NG+ or it need to be a clear game?

Edit: I realize my problem is that I'm adding Sothis to an empty space [41], so all her stats are 0, so I'm doing it wrong?
sothis 1.png

sothis 2.png

That's a new game, so how I'm supposed to load her stats in "roster" menu. (Sorry for asking all this is so confusing)

Last edited by DryBones,

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Does anyone know how to skip to a chapter using game values? I'm playing the side story and trying to skip ahead to chapter 5 ( I'm currently on battlefield selection in chapter 4 )

DryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So already tried adding Sothis, even edited the fixed_persondat, started a new game, but when I add Sothis with the save editor in an empty space, the stats, skill, abilities, etc are 0 or none, so even if you add her in the save editor, add stats and others, she won't load with spells because is an empty space.

So if you edit the fixed_persondat, how are you supposed to add Sothis in a new game with all her stats loaded from fixed_persondat???

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Suicuark, I am not sure if you can since the skips were done when on the monastery for the main game. Maybe you can use the Save Editor to buff your units up as an alternative?

@DryBones, are you adding Sothis through the Roster tab on the save editor? This is the best way to do it. Here's a blank Sothis character file for you to try. Select Roster slot 40 and Import.

Attachments

• Sothis.zip
    262 bytes · Views: 101
Reactions: DryBones

DryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Suicuark, I am not sure if you can since the skips were done when on the monastery for the main game. Maybe you can use the Save Editor to buff your units up as an alternative?

@DryBones, are you adding Sothis through the Roster tab on the save editor? This is the best way to do it. Here's a blank Sothis character file for you to try. Select Roster slot 40 and Import.
Yeah but for some reason she was getitng any spells, so I give up, search this thread and found this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-three-houses-general-hacking.544144/post-8994201 and got her from there, so all good, thanks for the help anyway.

DRKSHNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I am trying to inject the characters into my game however they always seem to produce errors. They crash my game no matter what I try. I tried adding kronya and it insta-crashes, same with death knight. sothis works however its the most recent file uploaded. Is there anything I am doing wrong? I am playing on ryujinx

arcalite911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I am trying to import cornelia and when I try to, I get an error saying character file has an invalid filesize. Can anyone help me?

Airavat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hey gh0stslayr, thanks for the amazing editor. I edited Byleth's starting stats but there is no effect in-game. Curious to know if I need to edit the Scenario tab for this, and if so where is the bin file located for that data set?

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DRKSHNS, how are you adding the new characters into your save file?

@arcalite911, where did you get the character file? An error like that means it's for an older patch.

@Airavat, thanks for the kind comments. If you are editing the persondata file then you have to start a new game for it to take effect. Scenario is mainly for music and map used and should be in the same location as the persondata (patch4 folder).

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Airavat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
@gh0stslayr Thanks for the quick response. I know you need a new game but I figured out the problem, it was the LayeredFS structure in my mod folder. I placed the files in "patch4" rather than in "patch4 > nx > data". Also, I tried every file I could think of in "patch4" but none worked for the Scenario tab.

DRKSHNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@gh0stslayr so i managed to work out about kronya and cornelia, i just put them in the last slots and it worked.

However I am having a new issue, mainly with the death knight and jeritza. When I attempt to inject the death knight he has no out of combat or in combat sprite, and whenever i initiate battle with him i get softlocked, unless i press the plus button and then it immediately crashes. am I doing something wrong?

And with jeritza (the one found in the game already on the crimson flower route) I add him to my blue lions route and whenever i select him the game immediately freezes. Is this maybe because im not at the timeskip yet?

kurohell

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I'm using it very thankfully.

It's quite old data, but I have a request.
If you do not set the character name to English
If you save a save, the character name will be broken 100%.

Could you upload the version that removed the function to change the name change function?

I'm sure you're busy, but please.

Have a nice day

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DRKSHNS, I tried a basic edit on my files and it seemed to work fine. Try the attached file.

@kurohell, are you talking about the name change in the save editor? If so, I'm not sure if this can be changed since it is not in development anymore.

Attachments

• Death Knight.zip
    497 bytes · Views: 48

kurohell

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@DRKSHNS, I tried a basic edit on my files and it seemed to work fine. Try the attached file.

@kurohell, are you talking about the name change in the save editor? If so, I'm not sure if this can be changed since it is not in development anymore.
FireEmblemThreeHouse_SaveEditor_v1.2.0_Beta1 <<<
If you edit the save file with this editor, the non-English name will be broken.

If you don't modify the name, modify another item, and save it, the name will be broken
Could you make a version that removed the name change function itself?

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kurohell, unfortunately, I am not the developer of the save editor and its development has ceased some time ago. The only plausible solution I can give you is to change the name to English. Sorry for the troubles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: I fixed it, just uninstalled SDUSB