Review Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is my review:(made with word)

Review Fire Emblem: Shin Monsh? no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiy?~ (Version: 0.1)(I will make much changes so take a look sometimes at it!)

Fire_Emblem_DS2J.jpg

By Dark Langin(a.k.a. Lerhan, Alex Jansen, Alexisnietcool)

First some notes:

Note one: the story is Japanese so I cannot say anything about that.

Note two: IT IS MY REVIEW SO NO I MADE IT NOT HE THINGS. Ask me if you want to publish it.

Note Three: this review is GAMEPLAY only!

Note four: I will update it as much as possible!(like grammar story)

Note five: Adding video now.
________________________________________________________________________________

Well I saw this game on the release list on gabtemp.net and I thought lets give it try so I did download it first to try it out. A friend of mine took the real version out of Japan to Holland and I really love this game!

Lol whut, but wtf is Fire Emblem?

Fire Emblem is a strategy game series made by Intelligent systems.(part of Nintendo) It was first un-released in the usa and Europe. But in 2002 Fire Emblem came to us!(I mean it was Japan only) This is the second Fire Emblem for the Nintendo DS, the first one was Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. Of course there is a release for the wii: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn This game is very good and contains much chapters and is hard(and maybe even easy) enough to have hours of gameplay. But now back to Shin Monsh? no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiy?.

Gameplay and some other things.

I did start the game and well I started a new game. I did not understand what was happening but while this did happen I did create a new character! A mercenary called Player.(or something like that) And the prologue did start. I was impressed! The graphics and the music were FAR more better! But still ALL those Japanese text did irritate me slightly. It plays very smoothly and you can choose between touch and button control. I prefer buttons but that’s me. Further is using your brain to win the chapter.(yes your brain) The game contains about 30 chapters if I am right and 10 of them are side- and prologue chapters. The final boss is some lovely guy that is really hard to defeat. But I did play it for 10 hours and since then I tried other things. And there is something else I nearly forgot to mention! There are 5 extra episodes in the extra mode! You can play with princess Nina!(If I am right) So 10 hours of gameplay!? Not bad! But now about the music: IT IS BEAUTIFUL! I have no words for it.

The Multiplayer options.

Not tried yet but my firend says its great(same as FE Shadow Dragon)

The Story:

We will need to wait till a translation or the English release.

First impressions:

Maps, characters art: 8.5
How long do I last with it: 7
Controls: 9
Sound: 10
Multiplayer options: 7
Story: UNKNOWN

overall: 8.3

Conclusion:

It is a very nice game! We shall see how it is on the English release! I hope it will have a good story!

Video Part:

This review is a part of a free magazine called: Retro[Ninty]gamer

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you left the default name, it's actually "Chris." You probably changed it to say "Player" though.

Nice, but short review. I understand because there's not much else to say about a game in Japanese (unless you know Japanese of course).

Trust him guys, I have the ROM as well as the original game (the one on the Super Famicom), and so far it's better.

Lunatic (3*) mode is EXTREMELY hard for those looking for a challenge. For those who have tried, it's hard to even get passed the PROLOGUE chapters. Myself included (I'm stuck at Prologue chapter 4, lol). The other modes, however (besides 2* "Mania" mode) are piss easy for those who are new to the series and genre in general.

westarrr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soooo...
When is the actual release date for US or EU?

I hate that if a characted dies, hes gone for eva, and then you get a jobber with lower level and the exact same name...
OR a opponent with the same name, 3 times in a party... it did happen >____

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
westarrr said:
Soooo...

I hate that if a characted dies, hes gone for eva, and then you get a jobber with lower level and the exact same name...

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
westarrr said:
Soooo...

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nugundam0079 said:
westarrr said:
Soooo...

Mugiwara no Kot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.douglasseigikot.xpg.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
but isn't in GBAtemp someone who is patching this game to english?
When this game arrives to "U" version i'll play a lot. Just need to finish shadow dragon, then i'll look for it.
Thanks for posting =D

>>>>>>>>>> EDIT: Sorry, only now I saw this is a 2010 post haha, I just saw this topic in the top of Reviews & Guides that I jumped into.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mugiwara no Kot said:
but isn't in GBAtemp someone who is patching this game to english?
When this game arrives to "U" version i'll play a lot. Just need to finish shadow dragon, then i'll look for it.
Thanks for posting =D

>>>>>>>>>> EDIT: Sorry, only now I saw this is a 2010 post haha, I just saw this topic in the top of Reviews & Guides that I jumped into.

Nah don't mind it, I am sorry to say, Nintendo screwed us by not giving a damn by not releasing it here in the Western world. -.-;;

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify, in the video posted he used the very basic translation patch done within a few days of the release by me (and because one can't use English letters, I used "Player" because this is a neutral name and while "Chris" is the default name a lot of people might not like choosing between "Chris", a christian name, or Japanese). There is currently a full translation patch done by me and a team of much more awesome people than me that you can google if interested. Just thought it was kind of relevant to the review.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1