Gaming Fire Emblem Hype Thread

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is pretty good. There's some aspect of the story I dislike, but 18 chapters in on hard and I'm quite enjoying it. Although being able to change classes allows for everyone to be a god character :/

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure i read (can't remember where tho) that we'll have the release in April.
Yes, I read that too. But April is just around the corner, it would be nice to have something more solid―I always feel like rough dates are more likely to see delays.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The second one was for a friend who also loves Fire Emblem. Doesn't really change the fact that the Gamestop employees stared at me like I was a freak. xD
Don't feel bad. I bought 3 copies of Kid Icarus: Uprising. One new for myself, one new for my girlfriend (who kept stealing my copy, lol), and one used for a good friend. I almost bought yet ANOTHER copy for my sister for Christmas along with a 3DS, but she decided she would rather have a GBA SP instead. Go figure. :P

Meanwhile I'm STILL looking for excuses to buy even MORE copies for friends who I think would like it, just because I love the game so much.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't feel bad. I bought 3 copies of Kid Icarus: Uprising. One new for myself, one new for my girlfriend (who kept stealing my copy, lol), and one used for a good friend. I almost bought yet ANOTHER copy for my sister for Christmas along with a 3DS, but she decided she would rather have a GBA SP instead. Go figure. :P

Meanwhile I'm STILL looking for excuses to buy even MORE copies for friends who I think would like it, just because I love the game so much.
Ahaha, buy one for my friend, he loves it and keeps trying to steal my copy XDD

Reactions: TripleSMoon

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is pretty good. There's some aspect of the story I dislike, but 18 chapters in on hard and I'm quite enjoying it. Although being able to change classes allows for everyone to be a god character :/

Yeah, I just started pretty much, and Chapter 4's set-up was a bit of a turn off to me. But I'm really enjoying the actual gameplay. So much stuff keeps unlocking at every turn -- there's just so much to do.

I was hesitant of getting the game at all, really, for the simple fact I would have to forfeit use of my Acekard on my 3DS (having to update the system), but eh, it was too good a game to pass up. I've still got my old DS phat for that, I guess. Besides, updating allowed me to download the Etrian Odyssey demo, which I didn't even know was on the eShop. :P

And yeah, endless re-classing and the ability to grind side-quests/DLC maps is a major shift for this series. I'm still trying to reconcile it in my head. The early parts of the game (playing on Hard/Classic) are still quite challenging, but I'm guessing later on I'll be able to boost my characters into demigods.

Reactions: chavosaur

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great freaking game ive got 9 hours on it now, just enjoying the mess out of it!
Question, could anyone tell me how to repair items/weps?
Are you strapped for cash? I've just been buying them from shops/Anna, getting money from those monster summoning items (reeking box?) They cost 500, but they always have at least one enemy that has a bullion that can be sold for 1000+.

Also, if you have extra weapons in your convoy, you can replenish a characters items with it. (Let's say you have a sword with 8 left, and the same sword in your convoy that has 15 uses left. It will automatically combine them to 23 instead of taking up two spaces.) On the map, go to inventory, then a character you want to restock. Press L, then "restock all".
Just make sure it's actually IN that characters inventory, or else you'll restock everyone and probably get some uses to people who you dont want to give to x)

I'm on Chapter 14, my Sumia and Tharja absolutely dominate everything on the field. :P
Playing on normal feels like there is a 4x exp multiplier on though. I level up everyone in like two kills?

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My avatar is the one putting everything down by himself if I let him. Think the dude just got lucky on his level ups though, he's capped out in T1 stats, had to force a master seal on him, his level ups were pointless.

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after plowing through on hard, I've started anew on Classic Lunatic.

May Naga watch over my soul.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My avatar is paired with Panne. I freaking love her <3
And I was looking more for repairing the harder to find items (which I guess I cant do) Since I Pannes beast stone may run out soon, as will Lonqu's killing edge.
Ive been playing the game real slow, im only on chapter 10 ._.
Im Looking forward too how the relationships will turn out in the future. Me and Panne will have sweet beasty childrens XD
I did the typical chrom/sumia pair-up, and I have Lonqu paired with cordellia.
I just got Tharja last chapter, and Im gonna pair her with Frederick for the lulz.Got The dragon chick and swedish guy together (cant remember either of their names...) Im gonna pair the cleric with whoever I find next.
I never use Sully, Vaike I only use for random support, as with Miriel, and everyone else... kinda died... >.>

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tharja is cool, but I just got a thing for Panne. I love the taugul thing she turns into, its so freaking cool.
Lon'qu is probably my second favorite, he's a beast, and if he makes it into the next smash bros, I will be stoked.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm a multi I can witch from dick to vag at will +1