ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Kapl106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it says invalid when you select "Yes" for "SD -> romfs" (or was it romfs -> SD?), make sure that you named the romfs file in the "hans" folder correctly.
Open up your cartridge in HANS, turn on "SD -> romfs", and read the text at bottom of the top screen. Although, this is assuming I'm guessing your situation right.

The screenshots_raw.bin is normal.
I checked and it says. "Redirect the apps roms reads to a file on your sd card. The file should be standard romfs partition." What does that mean?

Ringlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked and it says. "Redirect the apps roms reads to a file on your sd card. The file should be standard romfs partition." What does that mean?
Wait, no, I may have worded what I said incorrectly.
That's the bottom screen info, you wanna look at the top screen - sorry.

Make sure you set "Romfs -> SD" to "YES" and some new text should show up below "Current Title"
It should say, "Romfs path (INVALID) : sd:hans/numbers.romfs "
You need to rename the romfs file in the hans folder to whatever "numbers.romfs" is. Make sure you add .romfs at the end.

Additionally, double-check your steps with the video guide on the first page.

Kapl106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, no, I may have worded what I said incorrectly.
That's the bottom screen info, you wanna look at the top screen - sorry.

Make sure you set "Romfs -> SD" to "YES" and some new text should show up below "Current Title"
It should say, "Romfs path (INVALID) : sd:hans/numbers.romfs "
You need to rename the romfs file in the hans folder to whatever "numbers.romfs" is. Make sure you add .romfs at the end.

Additionally, double-check your steps with the video guide on the first page.
It worked. Thank you so much. Your the best:).

Kapl106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If im using the gay fates hack would it be best to start a new file? I loaded up an old one and my supports got all jumbled up and laslow appeared in my room when i was married to Niles.

Ringlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to general consensus, yes.
It's recommended to use a new save file as your supports will screw up.

Thuban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If im using the gay fates hack would it be best to start a new file? I loaded up an old one and my supports got all jumbled up and laslow appeared in my room when i was married to Niles.
This seems to happen pretty consistently; every occasion where I have a file with married!Niles on it, whomever he is married to winds up listed as S-Supporting Laslow instead. It also affects child recruitment; e.g. Selena/Niles wound up as Selena/Laslow. Eponine's paralogue vanished, and Laslow somehow wound up married to Selena AND Effie (neither of whom he was married to in the first place). Similarly, my M!MUxNiles file changed Niles to unmarried, and MU wound up married to Laslow AND Sakura. Kana, when I opened her epilogue, had Laslow's hair color and last skill (Luna).

Last edited by Thuban,

Ringlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this is off-topic, but is it possible to use this guide on a vanilla gamedata.bin.lz for FE:Fates?
(In other words, am I able to use that guide correctly without hacking my game with the Gay Fates hack?)

I've been continuously failing to successfully launch the hack, so I just figured that I would just edit the file with the guide. I just want M!Corrin to marry my F!Corrin ;<;

Although, is it possible to just extract my romfs file, replace the gamedata.bin.lz with the Gay Fates gamedata.bin.lz, build the romfs up again, and run it through HANS?
Well, that didn't work. Dunno why I hoped it would. Guess that installing the hack is the only way. It seems like I needed the game to update with the most recent DLC to work? But whatever the case, I made it work so yay.

Last edited by Ringlet,

Artourious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a place where I can read all these supports? Or see video of them? Any way to see all of them really, but I can't find anything. If there isn't, someone please write them all down and post a link here.

Supah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to make this permanent instead of having to boot through hans each time? My friend can just load from cart and the supports and everything stay but someone else did the modding for her so I can't really ask her how it was done

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any way to make this permanent instead of having to boot through hans each time? My friend can just load from cart and the supports and everything stay but someone else did the modding for her so I can't really ask her how it was done
On "that one iso site" there's a .cia version of the patch in "CIA downloads". This means you can install it if you have a custom firmware.

Jesskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I applied the "Unlocking all paralogues" GameData while I was in the middle of a Revelations run (was previously using v0.1.3), then saved. Now, attempting an Invasion results in "File data not found." error-handling and every Challenge seems to be impossible-to-start "Rout the Enemy" with 0 enemies.

It's not game-breaking, it just renders this a Conquest run instead (and only through HANS; I don't have NTR CFW). I could always even use the regular launcher to level-grind in Challenges or something, and then re-load said save file in HANS and my supports through HANS would still be there, unaffected. Still an annoyance, but, eh...

Either way, has anyone brought this up before when v0.2.0 first got here and I missed it?
lmao i think i'm mixing two fe cartridge versions brb fixing and then if it works deleting this

I'm a derp who thinks she knows how to program, everything works now, disregard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Jesskas,

Sir Diesalot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use the Special Edition version if I bought Conquest, then downloaded Birthright and Revelation? Or would that be incompatible?

Ringlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use the Special Edition version if I bought Conquest, then downloaded Birthright and Revelation? Or would that be incompatible?
While I don't have the SE ver, I don't think it'd be compatible because (I'm guessing) Conquest has a different game ID than Birthright/Special Edition. Do take this with a grain of salt though, as I'm not really sure and I'm not very knowledgeable on this.

Last edited by Ringlet,

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we get a version with just the straight supports in it? I want some more support options, but don't want to load up my SD card with something I'm never going to use.

Jesskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could we get a version with just the straight supports in it? I want some more support options, but don't want to load up my SD card with something I'm never going to use.
GameData.bin.lz is literally 120KB lol
*and each support set is like maybe 5KB, combining them all is under 1MB. You're fine.

Last edited by Jesskas,

Jesskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not what I asked. I asked if we could get a version with just the straight supports.
I'm confused. Why not just copy over GameData.bin.lz? If you want the few straight supports that exist, just look up the characters' names on fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/[name] to get their name in Japanese and copy the ones in m/@E/ matching that.

I highly doubt you'll find someone here willing to give you the exact same .zip with most files removed when you could just do that yourself...

Reactions: Ringlet

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. Why not just copy over GameData.bin.lz? If you want the few straight supports that exist, just look up the characters' names on fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/[name] to get their name in Japanese and copy the ones in m/@E/ matching that.

I highly doubt you'll find someone here willing to give you the exact same .zip with most files removed when you could just do that yourself...
Well, I already tried to translate the names from Japanese, and couldn't match either Scarlet or Ryoma to any of the files. I just finished removing all of the same-sex supports, and I was just trying to check if anybody had the same request at some point in the past and had already compiled a new .zip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"