Gaming Fire emblem fates censored

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has been confirmed that Nintendo will be removing the "head patting" mini game. They had this feature in Pokemon and it was fine. Once it's being done to people, it needs to be removed because the non Japanese market can't handle it.

My questions are 1. How does removing features like this from Japanese games make you feel, are you for it or against it. 2. How long does it normally take before you talented and amazing modders find a way to re add it to the game?

Rhapsody

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It has been confirmed that Nintendo will be removing the "head patting" mini game. They had this feature in Pokemon and it was fine. Once it's being done to people, it needs to be removed because the non Japanese market can't handle it.

My questions are 1. How does removing features like this from Japanese games make you feel, are you for it or against it. 2. How long does it normally take before you talented and amazing modders find a way to re add it to the game?

I think you're missing the point that the reason it was removed compared to the Pokemon games is because, in Pokemon, the creatures that you're petting are considered, you guessed it, pets. It's expected. But as for FE Fates? There's not only the cultural difference (I'm not sure about how it would be accepted in Japan, but here in the West, that's definitely not the norm nor acceptable), but there's the connotation. I'm assuming that in FE Fates, there are younger characters. Even besides that, the petting minigame can have sexual connotations for humans compared to pets, and when you put young people and sexual connotations together, you get an uncomfortable combination for the West, while it might be more acceptable in Japan. A prime example of this is, in Bravely Default, the characters are 15 in the Japanese releases, but 18 in the West releases, due to 'sexually revealing' costumes.

As for modding it back in, if that's your thing? Modders won't be able to mod it back in directly. The best they could do is, with some work, take the English translated sounds and text and apply it to the Japanese release, and then localize the parts that were cut out.

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you're missing the point that the reason it was removed compared to the Pokemon games is because, in Pokemon, the creatures that you're petting are considered, you guessed it, pets. It's expected. But as for FE Fates? There's not only the cultural difference (I'm not sure about how it would be accepted in Japan, but here in the West, that's definitely not the norm nor acceptable), but there's the connotation. I'm assuming that in FE Fates, there are younger characters. Even besides that, the petting minigame can have sexual connotations for humans compared to pets, and when you put young people and sexual connotations together, you get an uncomfortable combination for the West, while it might be more acceptable in Japan. A prime example of this is, in Bravely Default, the characters are 15 in the Japanese releases, but 18 in the West releases, due to 'sexually revealing' costumes.

As for modding it back in, if that's your thing? Modders won't be able to mod it back in directly. The best they could do is, with some work, take the English translated sounds and text and apply it to the Japanese release, and then localize the parts that were cut out.
I guess it's understandable, although the ages in bravely default had to do with the alcohol consumption. From what you said, it looks like it will be difficult to add it back. I guess I can either hope someone else does it or do it myself.

Edit* I can only pray for the day someone puts the cut content on a Pokemon orasxy cartrage where Pokemon amie was.

Last edited by Potato hoarder,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I think you're missing the point that the reason it was removed compared to the Pokemon games is because, in Pokemon, the creatures that you're petting are considered, you guessed it, pets.

inb4 someone mentions
rubbing Machoke's crotch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-