Hacking Fire Emblem Awakening required FW?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am finally getting this game tomorrow and just realized I'm going to have to update probably to play it. I hesitate to so since I have an Acekard 2i which I'm sure doesn't support the firmware of FE... SO anyone know the FW or whether I should just update/ move on to DSTWO?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Doesn't paper mario, which was released nov, require 4.3, yet FE was released Feb, and AK only supports up to 4.3 I believe...

I can wait on DLC that wouldn't be an issue...

aaronz77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Doesn't paper mario, which was released nov, require 3.4, yet FE was released Feb, and AK only supports up to 4.3 I believe...

I can wait on DLC that wouldn't be an issue...

It's looking like a minimum FW of 4.4 but I can't confirm. I'm pretty sure That's what I had on my XL when I bought it. I have a DSTWO and have updated the firmware since... sorry. :(

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I think that all Nintendo 1st party games have the latest firware available on the game card.
FE:A came in February in USA which means the game has the 4.5 Update partition on it and i think it forces you to update ur system.
U should get a new card, if you want a cheap one get a R4 from R4ids.cn but it might be patched by the next update.
If you got some money then get the DSTWO cause that won't be blocked by Nintendo for sure.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, I assumed as much... Anyone have any idea whats up with the lack of acekard updates as of late?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Alrighty, I assumed as much... Anyone have any idea whats up with the lack of acekard updates as of late?
Its dead months ago.
Its cause the card has [X] amount of space on it.
When Nitnendo patches the card, the team needs to find a new exploit for it.
That exploit takes some space on the card.
When there's no space on it then you need to get a new card.
Did Acekard loose that space, i dunno. but its not only about space, Nintendo found out how the card works so it blocked it totally so they can't update it.[Rydan said something like that in other threads iirc]

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just gonna throw out there, I have a Fire Emblem 3DS (came with Fire Emblem pre-installed), hasn't been updated, and it came with 4.4.0. So, I'm guessing since the game doesn't require any higher than that, the cart would have 4.4.0 on it. So there ya go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1