Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.feuniverse.net
XP
Country
United States
Information
It is quite possibly the most ambitious Fire Emblem hack to date, the goal of the project is to recreate Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. My goal is to allow new fans to be able to experience what some regard as the best of the series in an up-to-date light and to allow veteran fans to re-experience a classic game in a new way.

Features
This hack will be bountiful with new features such as:
  • New and enhanced skills such as Fortify (super effective weapons), Fortune (which negates critical hits), and Nihil (which negates combat skills but not critical hits like in the original).
  • New playable characters and cameos from FE5 like Fergus and Cyas. As well as changes to existing characters such as Diadora whom is now a Sage from the start.
  • An expanded story adding new chapters to the tales of Sigurd and Celice as well as Gaidens which give players an insight on other character's perspectives.
  • New items in including staples from the GBA games as well as new items like the Regal Sword (Sigurd's personal weapon).
Now there are some things from the original FE4 that we just cannot recreate
  • The ability to enter the home castle is replaced by unit preperations.
  • The giant maps have to be shrunk or split into multiple chapters.
  • The repair shop is another thing we cannot implement, however it will be replaced by something else. A new unit named Leslie will be the game's merchant and he will be able to repair your weapons.
Screenshots
What would a topic about a hack like this be without some screen shots of the game in action?
chalphy.png
ch1.png
ch2.png
1x.png
ch3.png
azelscreen.png
alecscreen.png
ethlin-1.png
quinn-1.png

FAQ
Q: You said there would be skills, what about characters that had the Pursuit and Critical skills in the original?
A: The Pursuit skill has been removed as it is obsolete. Critical will return as the skill Pinpoint which gives a +15 critical boost to the unit.

Q: How will the love system work?
A: It is essentially the support system of the GBA Fire Emblems. Units will be able to support with various units, should they reach an A support with a unit of the opposite gender they will have a lover's bond. This will affect the female's children's stats, growths and starting inventory.

Q: In the original FE4 fathers/mothers passed down all their weapons to their sons/daughters, will the same thing happen in the remake?
A: Unfortunately no, we cannot make the child's inventory based on the parent's inventory exactly. However the father/mother will influence the starting inventory of the child. (For example, Levin's son will always start with Holsety)

Feel free to ask any question no matter how stupid. Also, if you have any suggestions feel free to post them as well.

Important Links
My Youtube Channel
Fire Emblem Universe, an FE-hacking forum that usually receives the updates first

ArchsageX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.feuniverse.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I went digging through my piles of pictures for more stuff to show you guys.

darkprince.png
dukeknight.png
princess.png

These are some of the animations we've imported from other FE games.

tilework.png

Here is a prototype of an alternate tileset option to recreate the look of FE4.

killingbatou.png
chapter2-1.png
chapter2.png

A few pictures from Chapter 2.

background-2.png

This is our idea of what the title screen will be like.

FE4 Advance also has it's own website, click here!

aznanimefreak1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you plan on editing the graphics such as changing the characters appearances to actually make them look like their FE4 counterparts and not FE7 characters? Or change the maps to actually look like FE4? If you do change the graphics and maps more power to you brother.

I rather not just play a slightly modified version of Sacred Stones that just has changed names and weapons. Also if you actually add the new classes ill be even more amazed

ArchsageX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.feuniverse.net
XP
Country
United States
Naw, I was just requesting for new graphics to put up on my wall.... We showcase new face sprites and the prologue's map in the Prologue in Action video. Also, all the pictures have shots of the new maps.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a level editor for the fourth game, and various programs to assist hacking the Super Famicom games, albeit they're all Chinese/Japanese (literally a mix of both kinda editors) >.> I've also documented a bunch of data for the first two Fire Emblems on the Famicom, including level data for the first :/

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She's also a good candidate for the Princess animations, especially considering Eirik seems a direct lift from Lachesis herself, appearance-wise (save the palette for another time) :/

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems pretty good from the demo. From the few chapters I've played of FE4, it seems pretty close. Impressive work on the character portraits, as well. Also, that intro was hilarious!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy