ROM Hack Fire Emblem 12 Translation Project

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...Nintendo of America, being hilariously awful, seems to not be localizing this game. Or Xenoblade, a game that's being put into English by Nintendo of Europe. There's no mention of the title at E3.

Does this mean that the translation team has the green light?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might try this game out just to get a feel for it. How would you compare it to Shadow Dragon?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Blazer, thanks for your effort!!
Check this site http://www.fireemblemwod.net/
This is a spanish comunnity dedicated to Fire Emblem. I'm sure you will get some help if you ask in the forums.

If you need help to comunicate with these guys let me know!

jimjom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need this like a bear needs honey. thanks to all for even considering doing a full translation! please do! i love you long time!

i did download the menu patch, and got a feel, but i need story!

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well... the rom hacking starts today so lets hope to see some progress soon! though we probably wont get story translation until we have a full menu (and terrain and title etc. etc.) patch! and for some reason, im most excited about seeing english font in the insert name part of the intro!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 weeks in, I wonder how they're doing. Picked a great game at least so you can't go wrong.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
727 said:
2 weeks in, I wonder how they're doing. Picked a great game at least so you can't go wrong.

The going wrong part usually seems to be the users who complain about lack of updates or release information.

But I hope the FE community is better than that. I don't think many ever moaned about patches like Fire Emblem 4 and the long time that took. And the fact it's not even complete, as of this post.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
its really great to have guys like you to translate games
biggrin.gif

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lazy727 said:
I might try this game out just to get a feel for it. How would you compare it to Shadow Dragon?
its like shadow dragon but with nicer graphics, more classes (only for enemies i think) a better main menu (adds conversations, an arena, a character update feature(i think that is what describes it the best...) and much more!) the gameplay is pretty much the same except with a custom character and more features...

btw, thanks to a friend of mine for telling me what the menus are. XD

but yeah, its a really nice improvement...

QUOTE2 weeks in, I wonder how they're doing. Picked a great game at least so you can't go wrong.
they are just finishing up a text editing program for fe 11 and 12 that can edit all the text if you know were it is. then they'll start translating the ui. as far as i know, they have already decided on names of characters and items (they are gonna be the us names
frown.gif
)

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
link491 said:
Lazy727 said:
its like shadow dragon but with nicer graphics, more classes (only for enemies i think) a better main menu (adds conversations, an arena, a character update feature(i think that is what describes it the best...) and much more!) the gameplay is pretty much the same except with a custom character and more features...

QUOTE2 weeks in, I wonder how they're doing. Picked a great game at least so you can't go wrong.
they are just finishing up a text editing program for fe 11 and 12 that can edit all the text if you know were it is. then they'll start translating the ui. as far as i know, they have already decided on names of characters and items (they are gonna be the us names
frown.gif
)

What's wrong with US names? Unless they're translating FE11, using the US names in FE12 makes the continuity flow better.

StyKrnaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for translating this guys!
yaypsp.gif

Just a question? I heard you can costumize your character here. I also read that the male char has Mercenary, Knight, Cavalier, Fighter, Archer or Mage available for his class. Is there no other way to make him into a myrmidon or other classes exclusive to the female?

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Goofy Time said:
link491 said:
Lazy727 said:

QUOTE said:
frown.gif
)

What's wrong with US names? Unless they're translating FE11, using the US names in FE12 makes the continuity flow better.

they are fine as they are pretty damn accurate except for caeda.... i just TREALLY hate that name.....

Just a question? I heard you can costumize your character here. I also read that the male char has Mercenary, Knight, Cavalier, Fighter, Archer or Mage available for his class. Is there no other way to make him into a myrmidon or other classes exclusive to the female?

sadly, the only way i know of is hacking the rom yourself... wich i wouldnt advise till after the translation is done... frankly, i would like to have a male myrmidon... 50% of my army in fe11 were myrmidons... so yeah, a male myrm would be nice... anyway, for now, your gonna have ta live with a female...

StyKrnaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
link491 said:
QUOTE said:

sadly, the only way i know of is hacking the rom yourself... wich i wouldnt advise till after the translation is done... frankly, i would like to have a male myrmidon... 50% of my army in fe11 were myrmidons... so yeah, a male myrm would be nice... anyway, for now, your gonna have ta live with a female...

You mean you can't even reclass him into a myrmidon? well that just sucks. I'll surely wait for the translation and wait if someone can provide hacks that let's you modify his class.

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
StyKrnaN said:
link491 said:
QUOTE said:

You mean you can't even reclass him into a myrmidon? well that just sucks. I'll surely wait for the translation and wait if someone can provide hacks that let's you modify his class.

ya thats probably what im gonna do too..... but until then, im gonna make my character a VERY manly looking female myrm... XD

ArchsageX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.feuniverse.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I'm ArchsageX, a member of the FE12 translation team. We've got a nice little showcase of progress for everyone watching. The translation is underway!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wZHbiR3uqI[/youtube]​

Also, our team is putting out a "help wanted" add. We're looking for someone experienced with font editing. What we displayed here was a very temporary fix, and we're hoping someone more knowledgeable would be able to help us get something more permanent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap