liammurphy1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oxMUDxo said:
I don't under stand this....

So the Tutorials starts..
"I am running the current revision of Usbloader_gx and cios13 not cios13(b) and i have USB:/alt-dols/ as my dol path. if your using SD then SD:/alt-dols/"

I'm using USB Loader with a thumb drive..
Whats this Alt-Dols crap and how do I use it..?

Do I put the .dol that I changed in the SD Card under SD/ Alt-Dol..?
Do I need to set the path to that Alt-Dol folder in USB Loader GX if so how..?
HOW DO I REALY GET MKA WORKING!!!!!!

I have the newest USB Loader GX with the 002 Fix I extracted the .dol and renamed it what do I do next and how do I do it?

This is the worst tutorial I've seen so far!! It only tells ya how to do some of it...aka this is CRAP!!

Hi oxMUDxo.

I'm assuming the following:

1. You've already got the mk7.dol file from the Mortal Kombat ISO using WiiScrubber
2. You've installed USB Loader GX and got it working with other games
3. You've got the WBFS formatted partition for games set up on a thumb drive and you also have a second partition formatted as FAT. If you don't have this second partition, you can use the SD card instead.
4. You've installed the Mortal Kombat ISO onto the thumb drive.

You need to do the next steps:

1. If you have a partition formatted as FAT on the thumb drive, create a folder called 'Alt Dols' in the root directory of the drive. If you don't, create this folder in the root directory of your SD card.
2. Copy the mk7.dol file to that folder you've just created.
3. Rename it to the six digit code for Mortal Kombat (USB Loader GX displays this code when it's in list mode. The code depends on the region your game is from - for NTSC game use RKME5D.dol) and then turn the Wii back on and load USB Loader GX.
4. In USB Loader GX, click on the game and then click settings (for the game, not the universal settings for the program)
5. Set the game to use 'alt dols'.
6. Save the settings and go back to the main menu
7. Go to the main menu and then the program settings. Click the 'Custom Paths' button on the second page and make sure the 'Dol path' (at the bottom) is set to to 'USB:/Alt Dols' if you have set it up on the USB port/thumb drive or 'SD:/Alt Dols' if you set it up on the SD card.
8. Save the settings and try the game!
9. If it still doesn't work, you might want to turn on the 'fix 002 error'. I don't have the game myself so not sure exactly if anything else is needed but I set Red Steel up the same way earlier today on a PAL wii with PAL games.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I'm stuck on step 5 on You need to do the next steps:
5. Set the game to use 'alt dols'.

I dont see that option..

Same with step 7.
7. Go to the main menu and then the program settings. Click the 'Custom Paths' button on the second page and make sure the 'Dol path' (at the bottom) is set to to 'USB:/Alt Dols' if you have set it up on the USB port/thumb drive or 'SD:/Alt Dols' if you set it up on the SD card.

I dont see that option ether..

I'm guessing theres a newer USB Loader GX out and I missed it..?

But thanks for finishing the totorail for this guy..

liammurphy1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What version of the app are you using? Is it definitely USB Loader GX or a different loader?

I'm using the latest verison (rev555 and the forwarder) rather than the channel (rev516). The channel might not have the 'Alternate DOL' option...

Click on the game, click settings and then turn 'Alternate DOL' on (sorry, not 'Alt dol' like I said earlier). Then click Save, then Back, then back again to take you to the main program screen.

Click the cogs in the bottom left corner that takes you to the main program settings, scroll accross to the second page and the top button is 'Custom Paths'. Click that then change the 'Dol Path' at the bottom to either USB:/Alt Dols or SD:/Alt Dols.

Good luck!

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I have the 516 channel..
I'm looking for 555.

I'll let ya know how 555 gose.
Thanks for you're time.
smile.gif

Wow, 560 is out..?
http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/...loads/revisions
I'm just going to try that 555,lol.

---EDIT---

I got it working THANKS!!!

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
having got the alt dols, i have a weird issue in that i tried it with 3 of the games, and 2 work, the only important one doesnt.

the 3 alt dols i got were ntsc ones. all 3 games, boogie, moh and red steel are pal ones and im on a pal wii.

all 3 of them i had to change the name of the alt dol to the pal version or usb loader gx wouldnt look at them.

moh and red steel work fine with the settings left as normal in usb loader gx and 002 fix on,

boogie doesnt. i also tried the further step listed in the compatibility guide that says block reloader but both attempts plus a third attempt with every thing off and a fourth attempt with everything on all got black screen.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the 6 listed are the only games that use Alternate DOL's then? I have had success finally with RedSteel, Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2, The House Of The Dead 2, and SSX Blur

the only other 2 that use an alternate dol are mortal kombat armageddon and boogie?

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
For those who are wondering:

No, this does not work for Sam & Max: Season 1
At least, not for me. You could try it out yourself...

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I reading that right, you extract ssx.dol from the game boogie? that doesn't even make sense!

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
murfMan said:
this isnt working for me ... tried it on rev10

Try it on Rev12 or 13.. it works just fine, I got MKA working MoHH2 working and SSX Blur working that way.

buvk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im using usb loader gx rev 600, and cios rev13b
i tried the alt-dol method and the games all black screen
other games work fine
any ideas?

[edit] well i figured it out... it was rev 600. i went back to rev550, and it worked without a hitch

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's crucial that no matter what region your system is, you must rename the .dol to the correct game ID of the ISO you're using. The only two games that currently won't load in USB Loader GX via any method are Sam & Max, and Call of Duty 3. If you're having a problem with the other Usual Suspects, then you're doing something wrong (renaming the .dol, or who knows what).

Patience is key. I'd hate to think that everyone is scrambling around trying to find a quick "workaround" when cIOSrev14 is due to release very soon, and could make all these loading methods obsolete.

bp91391

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get red steel to work help!!!
i extracted the iso to desktop
opened with wii scrubber
found redsteel.dol
extracted it
renamed it REDE41
put it in altdol folder on sd card and my game plays with black screen

Riquisimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i got this madness thing working.
I CAN run the games from the alt-dol, ONLY when i run rev 543 (as compared to rev 600, i assume rev 550 works as well)

I installed the forewarder so i could launch from the Wii Menu.

The application launches, and when i look in the settings it says its rev543 (same as when i launch from HBC)

BUT for some reason, it still boots to a black screen for Red Steel and MoH2.

Is there any way i can get the app to run the games from the Wii Menu as well?

any help is greatly appreciated. other than this all i have left to do is figure out how to get backup VC games to run from the SD Channel.
biggrin.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Riquisimo said:
Ok, i got this madness thing working.
I CAN run the games from the alt-dol, ONLY when i run rev 543 (as compared to rev 600, i assume rev 550 works as well)

I installed the forewarder so i could launch from the Wii Menu.

The application launches, and when i look in the settings it says its rev543 (same as when i launch from HBC)

BUT for some reason, it still boots to a black screen for Red Steel and MoH2.

Is there any way i can get the app to run the games from the Wii Menu as well?

any help is greatly appreciated. other than this all i have left to do is figure out how to get backup VC games to run from the SD Channel.
biggrin.gif

do a search for Loadstructor by cluster or mod by wiininja, it makes .wad files to install that enable you to launch games from the wii menu that are on the WBFS usb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1