Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job a_running_pir8! I was wondering if the IOS16 trick would work... hopefully Nintendo won't find out too soon...

I just made a channel out of this for those who are interested. I recommend installing it after you follow the fix. Here's the links

Temperary Link through Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/158512400/WAD_...hannel.rar.html

Freewebs Link (yeah that's right, Freewebs)
http://www.freewebs.com/wadmanagerfix/WAD_...S16_Channel.rar

And as always, I tested the file, and it is confirmed working.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grav said:
Still having issues. At 3.2U (recently downgraded) and have NO CIOS installed and IOS36 installed from what I can tell, but wiigators cios installer still gives me -1017 when i try to install it.

If you downgraded with IOS Downgrader then you have a cIOS installed. BTW, you might want to try installing the ios16. Then, you want to use the new cIOS_fix that can be found on this thread. After this, use cIOS Uninstaller. Next, use the IOS Downgrader. Finally, use install the launcher .3 package.

dcwhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the same thing that happened to me whostorm05 it just tells me to restart now. And when i install wads it says the channel cant be opened

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K I'm a bit confused....do I update, then do this stuff or do this stuff then update.... and even after that I'm still a bit lost....sorry
mellow.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mariomaniac33 said:
Good job a_running_pir8! I was wondering if the IOS16 trick would work... hopefully Nintendo won't find out too soon...

I just made a channel out of this for those who are interested. I recommend installing it after you follow the fix. Here's the links

Why would you need a channel for this ?
and why install AFTER fixing ?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patchanka said:
they already said that they were saving IOS16 as a last resort if Nintendo closes all the other doors. Now the last resort is lost, because you couldn't be more patient.

you think IOS16 was the big bug/last resort they mentioned? I kinda doubt it, because it relies on distributing copyright nintendo code, which they never do...and also, it won't be a viable option for a lot of people.

PLUS, they said it was a VERY powerful exploit....this is not a new POWERFUL exploit, this is the same old exploit.

its life has just been temporarily extended.

so.....FAIL.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely very useful for those people that have updated their Wii's to the 3.3 update. I myself still have 3.2U installed, so this does not really affect me. I was contemplating if it was at all worth it to update to 3.3 as you can now get around the fixes that Nintendo had implemented in this new update.

I figure the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" saying comes into play here as there is nothing significant that I know of in the 3.3 update. The only possible reason I can see updating is if a game requires it, and I don't reckon there would be any games out yet that do.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
you think IOS16 was the big bug/last resort they mentioned? I kinda doubt it, because it relies on distributing copyright nintendo code, which they never do...and also, it won't be a viable option for a lot of people.
You do not seem to understand the phrase "last resort".

If (say, in 9 months) get to the point where Nintendo fixed all the known holes and we couldn't find new ones over some time, then maybe we'd consider IOS16 as an option.

Now, if that happens, I guess we'll just take a nice long vacation from looking for holes.

Sure, we have more exploits, but they won't last forever. We have big bugs. The last resort (IOS16) wasn't one of them. It was a (shitty) last resort. Which you've just killed.

This crap makes me want to release BootMii in such a way that somehow, someway, it's useless for the WAD crap (don't think for a second that I wouldn't if it were obvious, it's just that it isn't). Then you guys can have fun finding the real exploits once this one's closed.

whostorm05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knowitall599 said:
Yeah, you are good to go. Just install cIOS that came with the launcher and you are set. This is in response to whostorm05.

Got that done, but I'm also trying to downgrade to 3.2......that's where I'm having the problem. When you run the ISO downgrader, should the version that is reported in the settings menu be updated to reflex the version installed? As a test I did a "system update" after I ran the downgrader (even though it said 3.3u still) and it did donwload something. Guess I'll try the downgrader again....

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan said:
noobwarrior7 said:

If (say, in 9 months) get to the point where Nintendo fixed all the known holes and we couldn't find new ones over some time, then maybe we'd consider IOS16 as an option.

Now, if that happens, I guess we'll just take a nice long vacation from looking for holes.

Sure, we have more exploits, but they won't last forever. We have big bugs. The last resort (IOS16) wasn't one of them. It was a (shitty) last resort. Which you've just killed.

This crap makes me want to release BootMii in such a way that somehow, someway, it's useless for the WAD crap (don't think for a second that I wouldn't if it were obvious, it's just that it isn't). Then you guys can have fun finding the real exploits once this one's closed.

I agree marcan well said.... but you know this a battle of the coders you bushing and nintendo yall battle it out all the time
with these hackz and such but damn dont kill the poor boy's spirit atleast he tried but shittingly like you wan's app approach
was anyway much respect we would not be here if it wasnt for you all.... Thnx

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
marcan said:
noobwarrior7 said:

Calm down, Marcan. Sure, he's killed a small exploit and opened the gate again for wads again, but it's not all that bad that you should threaten to stop development later on.

By the way, Can't wait for bootmii
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay