Gaming Final Fasntasy IV USA confirmed!!!!!!!

damiussus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://ds.ign.com/articles/865/865747p1.html

Sorry if someone else has posted this. Didn't have time to look. But if not........WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

yaynds.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
This should be good. Hopefully it's better than FFIII. =/

Hey!

FFIII is a good game, I loved it on the DS.

FFIV is also good, though far more difficult than III.

Cheesemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleh.

I've not played many FF games, but i've never liked any of them. Could be the boring gameplay, or the turn based fight system.

I've only played 6, 3 DS, and X-2. And yes, I'm aware that X-2 was the worst one.

I do like crystal chronicles, though. But it's not turn based :F

damiussus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked 3, have almost beaten it. What 4 brings to the table is a deeper story, more developed characters, and specific jobs for the characters. I do enjoy the job class system as well, but I didn't like the way 3 handled it.

4 was the one i started my obsession with (way back when it was FFII on SNES) so it holds fond memories for me. I'm really anxious to play it with the 3d upgrade and added features.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i love this game. Beat the JPN version a while ago.... I love how they ported it and kept alot of the things the same w/ the SNES version. Very nostalgic

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The localized-hacked Chinese version has been out for a long time now.

It's good to know Chinese, if you don't know Japanese.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want FF7. IMO, all other FF's sucked compared to 7.

But I still will give FF4 a go when it gets dumped.
rolleyes.gif
I didn't care for 3 and it's jumping from job to job stuff. I played as far as getting off the cloud city and that was as far as I got. I like characters that stay with what they picked as a class from the get-go.

But I'm old-school, so......what do I know?

damiussus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:

rolleyes.gif
I didn't care for 3 and it's jumping from job to job stuff. I played as far as getting off the cloud city and that was as far as I got. I like characters that stay with what they picked as a class from the get-go.

Um I think you just contradicted yourself. no one in 7 has a set job class, yet you say it's the only one that didn't suck?

Have you even played 6? Or the masterpiece that was 9? It seems you'd love those two if you like the set classes.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
martin88 said:
The localized-hacked Chinese version has been out for a long time now.

It's good to know Chinese, if you don't know Japanese.

Is there a patch or something? Does it work for systems other than iQue?

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:

rolleyes.gif

But, but, but...7 didn't even have classes...you could make everyone the same if you wanted essentially. XD
Of course, the counter argument would be that you could manually designate class type roles to anyone you wanted, haha.

And here I thought you liked 8, I wonder what gave me that idea...
rolleyes.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! FFIV (J) DS is probably my favorite game on the system right now, and I could only partially follow the story. Can't wait to do my third playthrough on the US version. Please Jebus, let the saves be compatible.
unsure.gif

Rayder said:

rolleyes.gif

Just based on what I think you're saying, you'll enjoy FFIV DS more than FFIII DS. Fixed job classes + the decant ability system is much better than switching job classes and leveling them up all the time, imho. And unlike the GBA version, this game has a fixed final party, so you can plan out the decant ability strategy way in advance.

The only thing I didn't like about this game is the "tails" system for rare item drops. I don't even want to know how many dragons and pink flan princesses I've killed.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
FFIV(FFII) was the first FF I played and have fond memories of it...

Having had a go at the Japanese remake and played up until you get to Yang - I can thoroughly say that I WANT the US version.

FFIII DS was too basic like FFI & II
frown.gif

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FF IV was a great game, looking forward to playing the remake.

FF VIII was my all-time favourite because the storyline was so developed and I loved the battle system.

FF III for the DS was a great game, and I much prefer the job system. I think FFV perfected the job system. If you mastered a class you could combine the abilities of that class with another class. It allowed for so much customization in your characters.

D

Deleted User

CrEsPo said:
FF IV was a great game, looking forward to playing the remake.

FF VIII was my all-time favourite because the storyline was so developed and I loved the battle system.

FF III for the DS was a great game, and I much prefer the job system. I think FFV perfected the job system. If you mastered a class you could combine the abilities of that class with another class. It allowed for so much customization in your characters.

Yes, FF VIII was a pretty damn good game (preferred VII but VIII was still amazing)

skydoune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ZeroEXE93 said:
FFIII was just ok, I didn't really like it that much... Maybe because I played the old SNES version and expected better from the DS remake. =/

Hum you got it wrong. The FF3 you played on the snes is in fact FF6, the FF3 on the DS is the real FF3 which was out on the good old nes only in japan, a totally different game from the one on the snes.

damiussus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elrinth said:
ZeroEXE93 said:
This should be good. Hopefully it's better than FFIII. =/

agreed... FF1&2 on GBA was much better than FF3 on NDS.

I dunno, I thought III on ds was pretty good. I didn't like the job system as much as V but I did appreciate the graphical upgrade. I never could get into the nes one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Das racist