Gaming Final Fantasy

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Being a fan of Kingdom Hearts, i know how complex Square enix games can be.

I want to play some of the FF games on PSP, but im worried that i wont understand the story, as there are 10+ games on previous consoles.

Will i get to understand the story? and which game should i start with first?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
all final fantasy main titles are standalone and you can pretty much go into any

i recommend FFVII. it's the most popular FF title and what got a lot of people into FF in the first place.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The story in every game (except add-ons) is totally different.

On the PSP you should try all three of the PSX FF's (8>7>>>>9), then possibly Crisis Core (not really a FF nor a good game). Then move on to the PSP's remake of FFIV, and then do Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions. At this point, as a new player to the series you can tentatively try the Anniversary editions of 1 and 2, although your time would be better spent playing FFVI via emulation.

Reactions: 1 person

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFV also exists on the PSN, though I recommend the GBA version if you can acquire it. Same for VI. FFIII (the real one) isn't available on PSP, but you if you have CFW, you can play the translated ROM via NES emulation. Otherwise, the remake is available on the DS and iDevices.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first three are traditional JRPGs; you set commands for all your characters, and then they execute them. All the rest use the ATB (Active Time Battle) system, which has a bar fill up over time to determine when a command can be issued, and the command is executed immediately. Final Fantasy Tactics however is a Strategy RPG, so you command units and whatnot. FFX is a little different in that all characters and enemies take turns after one another executing attacks and commands, and FFXII plays like a single-player MMO, if that makes any sense...

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a pc game that i recomend to you its called the mana world :) its free and in 2D i think most of the zelda or secret of mana lovers will like it :D

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My recommendations are to watch video reviews of Final Fantasy's IV to X. Try to get a feel of each game. What do you like more 2D games or 3D Games? For example, I prefer the 2D FF games myself (IV, V, VI)
Final Fantasy I-III are too hardcore for most people. So try these after you finished the newer FF games

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recommend Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII if you actually want to move your character around and fight.
If you prefer turn based traditional FF the Final Fantasy IV complete collection is a good one on psp.
It has the whole trilogy of FFIV.

And yh like the others have said, the whole story changes with the number next to "Final Fantasy"
They're all stand alone

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first three are traditional JRPGs; you set commands for all your characters, and then they execute them. All the rest use the ATB (Active Time Battle) system, which has a bar fill up over time to determine when a command can be issued, and the command is executed immediately. Final Fantasy Tactics however is a Strategy RPG, so you command units and whatnot. FFX is a little different in that all characters and enemies take turns after one another executing attacks and commands, and FFXII plays like a single-player MMO, if that makes any sense...

Active time battle, is it like BBS's command style system?

Thanks all, Im gonna start on em

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ATB is a variation of turn based.
but instead of having preset turns based on a speed stat, you have a bar for every character filling up at a rate based on character speed and last action.
once the bar is full that character can perform an action.
depending on your settings the battle will continue (enemy keeps attacking), even if it's "your turn".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?