Final Fantasy XIII no longer PS3 exclusive

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know why but i am absolutely shattered...

I was really hoping it would be an exclusive....

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I read it 10 times and I cant believe it.

And the PS3 shall tremble ... EVEN MORE!!

Where are those PS3 fanboys singing about buying PS3 for Final xiii !

lolCatz!

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Konami Pull something like this??? I mean with MGS4 with trailers and all (being on 360, and not having the only on PS3 words), and it ended up being on PS3, My feeling is that SE is doing the samething so that SONY would dump a crap load of money for it tobe only on PS3. I don't care, I own both systems, and in the end, the system with the Wireless internet wins (not buying an extra wireless hardware for $90 some (xboc) and surely not going to pay for Xbox live)

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well who cares at the end of the day Final Fantasy is a terrible franchise of boring repetitive games, and when all is said and done the PC will prevail.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1216083754842wt8.jpg

rofl2.gif

Mentz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mentzland.co.uk
XP
Country
Italy
Xuio said:
If Sony won't get FF7 remake on PS3, Xbox360 is looking very good.

FF7 will never have a remake...
Final fantasy creators and stuff go away from square enix (last ff was ffIX) and now they don't know how to handle all the FF7 stuff... (from an interview of an important man in Square-enix..)
Infact they are only creating a lot of FF7 spin-off...

If FFXIII is no longer a SONY esclusive, maybe at Square can earn a little bit more money...

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont even like final fantasy, the last time i played it was 7, on the PC with my new voodoo 3d-fx card... though i must admit i really liked that one! So I honestly dont care if it comes out on 360, i wont buy it.
I never liked playstation 1, once i noticed the pc could do 3d-acceleration i invested in a graphics card and spent the next few years (...till N64 ...then till Dreamcast) playing PC, hence i missed the first installment of Metal Gear Solid at that time (Finished it on the PS2 eventually).
Always been a PC gamer since my 486 with a turbo button on the front (it worked too!), though the NES popped my cherry so to speak. The lack of competition and the decision by sega to throw in the towel during round 2 (Rnd1 ->Saturn vs. PS1, Rnd2 ->Dreamcast vs PS2) produced a Sony dominated era so to speak. Hence a lot of younger gamers out there are under the illusion that Sony will always be the dominant force in the games industry... These people would probably be best described as Sony Fanboys, though i hate to use those stereotypes, since its an easy way to win an arguement; presuming that the other person is blissfully biased hence having a clouded judgement and opinion.
I remember hearing a lot of tech heads that i worked with harp on about the PS3 and its unquestionable power, throw in a bit of "you'll see" when countered with a 360 statement and were still having the same arguement to this day. Thing is, i first began hearing all this malarky before the PS3 came out. I've owned a NES, Mega Drive II, N64 and a Dreamcast. I still own a PS2, Xbox, Xbox360 and a wii... so i have no affinity to Microsoft, Sony OR Nintendo.

At the end of the day, i believe, Microsoft have won the core gaming population (Europe & USA). And if you think USA's gaming market is big, Europes is now bigger. Forget about Japan, they love the PS3 regardless of what it has or hasn't done.
Losing Final Fantasy, if anything, is proof that EVEN Square Enix are starting to believe that PS3 is a sinking ship. How much smoke do you have to see before a burning plank lands square on your head? Some people can smell it a mile away!
8 out of 10 people i know have a 360, those that have a PS3 have no idea about games or the intricacies of the hardware it runs on, just that its a PS3. Thing is they have missed out on a LARGE number of great games and un-parralelled global online connectivity while waiting for MGS4. Im really enjoying this generation all thanks to 360, if the playstation heads dont want to abandon ship than for all i care they can sink with it... Blu-Ray and all.....

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rscarrab said:
I dont even like final fantasy, the last time i played it was 7, on the PC with my new voodoo 3d-fx card... though i must admit i really liked that one! So I honestly dont care if it comes out on 360, i wont buy it.
I never liked playstation 1, once i noticed the pc could do 3d-acceleration i invested in a graphics card and spent the next few years (...till N64 ...then till Dreamcast) playing PC, hence i missed the first installment of Metal Gear Solid at that time (Finished it on the PS2 eventually).
Always been a PC gamer since my 486 with a turbo button on the front (it worked too!), though the NES popped my cherry so to speak. The lack of competition and the decision by sega to throw in the towel during round 2 (Rnd1 ->Saturn vs. PS1, Rnd2 ->Dreamcast vs PS2) produced a Sony dominated era so to speak. Hence a lot of younger gamers out there are under the illusion that Sony will always be the dominant force in the games industry... These people would probably be best described as Sony Fanboys, though i hate to use those stereotypes, since its an easy way to win an arguement; presuming that the other person is blissfully biased hence having a clouded judgement and opinion.
I remember hearing a lot of tech heads that i worked with harp on about the PS3 and its unquestionable power, throw in a bit of "you'll see" when countered with a 360 statement and were still having the same arguement to this day. Thing is, i first began hearing all this malarky before the PS3 came out. I've owned a NES, Mega Drive II, N64 and a Dreamcast. I still own a PS2, Xbox, Xbox360 and a wii... so i have no affinity to Microsoft, Sony OR Nintendo.

At the end of the day, i believe, Microsoft have won the core gaming population (Europe & USA). And if you think USA's gaming market is big, Europes is now bigger. Forget about Japan, they love the PS3 regardless of what it has or hasn't done.
Losing Final Fantasy, if anything, is proof that EVEN Square Enix are starting to believe that PS3 is a sinking ship. How much smoke do you have to see before a burning plank lands square on your head? Some people can smell it a mile away!
8 out of 10 people i know have a 360, those that have a PS3 have no idea about games or the intricacies of the hardware it runs on, just that its a PS3. Thing is they have missed out on a LARGE number of great games and un-parralelled global online connectivity while waiting for MGS4. Im really enjoying this generation all thanks to 360, if the playstation heads dont want to abandon ship than for all i care they can sink with it... Blu-Ray and all.....

what a load...if you were really a PC gamer you would know the 360 is nothing when compared to a high-end PC. And in fact all the 360 games M$ ports to PC (mass effect, gears of war) and all the multi-platform releases (F.E.A.R., half life 2, bioshock) all look and play 10 times better on PC.

You're commenting on a system you don't even own and probably have little to no experience with.
I actually own all three, a ps3, 360 and a wii. And I can say without a seconds hesitation the PS3 is the most powerful and can produce the most beautiful looking graphics of the 3.
And if blu-ray is sinking, then what did HD-DVD do fly over the bermuda triangle?
The 360 doesn't even produce a digital 1080p signal and has only 3 processors compared to the PS3s 7 co-processors + cell.

As for exclusives, it's funny. People always bash PS3 exclusives until they find out they are coming out on their system and then all the sudden they change their minds and it's a great game.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
what a load...if you were really a PC gamer you would know the 360 is nothing when compared to a high-end PC. And in fact all the 360 games M$ ports to PC (mass effect, gears of war) all look and play 10 times better on PC.

I own a ps3, 360 and a wii. And I can say without a seconds hesitation the PS3 is the most powerful and can produce the most beautiful looking graphics of the 3.
The 360 doesn't even produce a digital 1080p signal and has only 3 processors compared to the PS3s 7 co-processors + cell.

As for exclusives, it's funny. People always bash PS3 exclusives until they find out they are coming out on their system and then all the sudden they change their minds and it's a great game.

What a load? If i was really a "PC gamer" i wouldnt even begin to bring the PC into the comparison, since i believe, the PC is technically in a class of its own. My XPS M170 cant even run STALKER, but i figured that would be the case before it came out (eventually!), heres hoping i can enjoy the new one. My dilemma is i cant afford to be the PC gamer i once was. A console is more economical in that regard.

"And in fact all the 360 games M$ ports to PC (mass effect, gears of war) all look and play 10 times better on PC."

Mass effect and Gears of War look better on the 360 cause MY PC isnt nesseceraly as good as the nexts guys, like yours for instance. The 360 has gained Final Fantasy as a title and PS3 has lost it as an exclusive; why would i use a PC as a comparison when trying to keep in context with the thread? If you want to say the PC is the best than i would totally agree, but its the arguement to end all arguements and its quite a moot point if you ask me.

"The 360 doesn't even produce a digital 1080p signal..."

Really??????

Quote lifted from xbox.xom:

"improved HD Display and Playback
Native 1080p
support is finally here, meaning that 360 gamers can enjoy game and
video content in the very best high-definition picture quality.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/community/news/systemupdate.htm

Kim was clear that the console could support true 1080p out.

"If it is running at 720p we will up-res it to 1080p, if it it's
already 1080p then we can display it in 1080p," he said. " This is a
great example of our console's ability and the great advantage of being
a software company.
"

Your wrong as it seems, though lets be under no illusion that all the PS3 games run at true 1080p...
Do you think GTA4 does? You might want to check that out...
I think i read it was upscaled from 640p or 690p as opposed to 720p upscaled on 360.

"As for exclusives, it's funny. People always bash PS3 exclusives until they find out they are coming out on their system and then all the sudden they change their minds and it's a great game."

Whats this?? I now want to buy Final Fanstasy XIII!!?? Thats weird, cause earlier i really had no interest in purchasing it at all...
/sarcasm

EDIT: (In reference to you editing your post after/during my reply)

"You're commenting on a system you don't even own and probably have little to no experience with."

Ive spent a lot of time with one as my mate has one, i dont need to own one to experience it. I regularly play COD4 on the PS3 at his apartment.

"And if blu-ray is sinking, then what did HD-DVD do fly over the bermuda triangle?"

I care neither for Blu-ray or HD-DVD. In my opinion Sony pushed their console out too early and issued firmware upgrades to win the new format war. Which is a spit in most gamers faces and a pat on the back from a business stand-point.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The Teej said:
lookout said:
FFXIII is no longer a SONY exclusive... but Wait! there a also Final Fantasy Versus XIII exclusive for PS3?

Yes. For now, FF Versus XIII is a PS3 worldwide exclusive.

You say that as if you know something we don't. If you do, please tell us.

TenchiFreak5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
They switched FFXIII from exclusive to multiplatform because they were expecting low sales if it came out only on PS3, so they won't probably destroy their money-made-game occasion (FF7 remake) by doing it as a PS3 exclusive (if it ever comes out).
I expect the "Microsoft wrote a big check" (rumours of Microsoft offering to pay for the PS3 development and the XBox port abound) answer to be more realistic. JRPGs are not, never have been and never will be a hot market for the XBox demographic. The only way the 360 version would have gotten big sales or have been a system seller would have been if they were to release it in Japan. And it isn't going to be.

I also fail to see how the game not being exclusive manages to kill off the PS3 single handedly, irrelevant of whatever sales figures it posts on the 360.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rscarrab said:
Bob Loblaw said:
what a load...if you were really a PC gamer you would know the 360 is nothing when compared to a high-end PC. And in fact all the 360 games M$ ports to PC (mass effect, gears of war) all look and play 10 times better on PC.

I own a ps3, 360 and a wii. And I can say without a seconds hesitation the PS3 is the most powerful and can produce the most beautiful looking graphics of the 3.

"The 360 doesn't even produce a digital 1080p signal..."

Really??????

Quote lifted from xbox.xom:

"improved HD Display and Playback
Native 1080p
support is finally here, meaning that 360 gamers can enjoy game and
video content in the very best high-definition picture quality.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/community/news/systemupdate.htm

Kim was clear that the console could support true 1080p out.

"If it is running at 720p we will up-res it to 1080p, if it it's
already 1080p then we can display it in 1080p," he said. " This is a
great example of our console's ability and the great advantage of being
a software company.
"

You're still wrong. They are talking about an analog signal not digital. The 360 does not support a digital 1080p signal.
google it.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 is defintely the dominate console this generation. And it looks like it's going to stay that way. What a blow to blind Sony fanboys. Let the excuses begin...

Now if MGS4 would get a PS3 port, there would be absolutely no reason for me to get a PS3. As I was going to buy one as soon as the price dropped down to where the console is actually worth, solely for this game. And...GoW 3. But who knows, the way things are going, GoW 3 may end up not being an exclusive anymore.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
You're still wrong. They are talking about an analog signal not digital. The 360 does not support a digital 1080p signal.
google it.

Im still wrong, ye? No, never was.
I dont need to google it...
Im running my 360 through the HDMI connection. That is a digital output. My elite has one, as well as that the newer arcade core and premium all have HDMI as standard. The one's fitted with the falcon motherboard have HDMI.
So the 360 doesn't produce a digital output than... Hmmm... Lets try having a conversation with your ass, since all the shit seems to be coming out of your mouth. Muppet.

As i said... hardly any games run at 1080p anyway, their upscaled.

I noticed a few of your comments in other threads (ie. Thread involving 360 dashboard update), most being shots at 360, some have even been removed by the Mods (wonder why?) so im assuming your what i was reffering to in an earlier post; a sony fanboy. If you cant take the time to familiarise yourself with the 360 than dont even bother talking like you know something when you blatantly dont. If you knew anything about 360 than that should be at the top of the list...
It sounds to me like you got RROD too many times and your a bit bitter... (Im on my 4th xbox, get over it)

Anything else?

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
DespizingU said:
The 360 is defintely the dominate console this generation. And it looks like it's going to stay that way. What a blow to blind Sony fanboys. Let the excuses begin...

Now if MGS4 would get a PS3 port, there would be absolutely no reason for me to get a PS3. As I was going to buy one as soon as the price dropped down to where the console is actually worth, solely for this game. And...GoW 3. But who knows, the way things are going, GoW 3 may end up not being an exclusive anymore.

Let the excuses begin is right...
[enter stage left; Bob Loblaw]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled