Final Fantasy XIII no longer PS3 exclusive

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, but the PS3 version will have 3D trophies for this game! It will obviously outsell the 360 version. Square are dum dums

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
The announcement was heard all around the world: Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360? No way! Well, today's Square Enix E3 press conference clarified a few details. First: Final Fantasy XIII is still a PS3-exclusive ... at least in Japan. According to Kotaku, Square Enix exec Shinji Hashimoto told reporters: "I think you are right [in assuming that (the Xbox 360 version) is not coming out in Japan.]" It will only appear on Xbox 360 in English-speaking territories.

In addition, Final Fantasy XIII will release in Japan first -- and then will be localized for the international audience. That means Japanese gamers will enjoy FFXIII on PS3 long before the rest of the world will see it go multiplatform.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
science said:
QUOTE said:
The announcement was heard all around the world: Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360? No way! Well, today's Square Enix E3 press conference clarified a few details. First: Final Fantasy XIII is still a PS3-exclusive ... at least in Japan. According to Kotaku, Square Enix exec Shinji Hashimoto told reporters: "I think you are right [in assuming that (the Xbox 360 version) is not coming out in Japan.]" It will only appear on Xbox 360 in English-speaking territories.

In addition, Final Fantasy XIII will release in Japan first -- and then will be localized for the international audience. That means Japanese gamers will enjoy FFXIII on PS3 long before the rest of the world will see it go multiplatform.
That's not a move Sony did to retain at least the Japanese market, it's just a smart Microsoft and SE move
wink.gif

360 games in Japan sell like crap, so it was better for them to not port it to the 360. That would only be a waste of money
laugh.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raulpica said:
science said:
QUOTE said:

That's not a move Sony did to assure the Japanese market, it's just a smart MS move.

360 games in Japan sell like crap, so it was better for them not to port it to 360. That would only be a waste of money
laugh.gif

I'm not sure about that... this could have been the big boost the 360 needed in Japan. The Japanese love the FF series

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
science said:
raulpica said:
science said:
QUOTE said:

That's not a move Sony did to assure the Japanese market, it's just a smart MS move.

360 games in Japan sell like crap, so it was better for them not to port it to 360. That would only be a waste of money
laugh.gif

I'm not sure about that... this could have been the big boost the 360 needed in Japan. The Japanese love the FF series
But they don't love 360s
laugh.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But they could learn to love it if it has Final Fantasy!

There is a guy who has neither PS3 or 360, and he really wants to play this game, he doesn't give a shit about any other games. Chances are, he is gonna get the 360 over the PS3 due to the fact that it costs less. But now he only has the option of a PS3. I think it would have helped MS in Japan. But on the other hand, if there is more PS3s in Japan than 360s already, it is a smart move. But it really is a double edged sword

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
science said:
But they could learn to love it if it has Final Fantasy!

There is a guy who has neither PS3 or 360, and he really wants to play this game, he doesn't give a shit about any other games. Chances are, he is gonna get the 360 over the PS3 due to the fact that it costs less. But now he only has the option of a PS3. I think it would have helped MS in Japan. But on the other hand, if there is more PS3s in Japan than 360s already, it is a smart move. But it really is a double edged sword
Well, yeah. But there's an higher chance that he would still probably get a PS3, seeing it has a lot more Japanese games on it than a 360, even if a 360 costs less.

And yes, PS3 outsold 360 in Japan by something like 3 to 1 >_>

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well as of right now there's only one thing thing keeping PS3 owners happy and that is the PS3 exclusive that is MGS4. And now knowing that FFXIII which was to be a PS3 exclusive isn't no more bragging

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, lucky me that Dad has a 360. Arcade, but it's his so I won't get my paws on it anyway. =P

By the time it's out, I'd have moved out completely so it's a lost cause either way.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna import Japanese version of FF13, and then when it gets localized in North America I'll have a choice between PS3 and 360 versions.

But seriously though, FF12 localization took over half a year. I'm not gonna sit and wait 7 months so that I can play FF13 on my 360 when the only reason I started learning Japanese was to play Final Fantasy in the first place.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Thats good news to me.
Never liked FF games, but this one might be the one... the trailer was amazing!

Now keep them coming! I'm talking MGS4 of course
tongue.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I was about to buy PS3 last 2 weeks. If Sony doesn't have something to strike back, I'll be glad that I didn't buy the PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1