Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
too much scenes reveal for a trailer.
and it's not mentioned that it's not the full story remake? not even a "part 1" anywhere.

well, it could be fun to redo that game with movie-like scenes. maybe there could be a "cutscenes only" mode? or "no battle at all" mode?

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: x65943

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
too much scenes reveal for a trailer.
and it's not mentioned that it's not the full story remake? not even a "part 1" anywhere.
Everyone knows it's just midgar and a trailer can show anything it wants to as if don't want any spoils don't watch it lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
for the spoil part I agree.
for the "just midgar" I disagree. by "everyone" I guess you talk about us, old generation who know the game and already played it, or even keep news about new game release. But new generation of players never played the PS1 version! they don't know what to expect. Like I said, even a "part 1" subtitle on the logo would be nice. Or "midgar chapter" instead of full FF7 remake illusion. new generation will probably be surprised by "to be continued..." at the end of the game.

edit:
My neighbor (48 years old) played the original, and want to play the new one. I told him it was only midgar and he didn't know! not everyone knows about that information if they are not reading forums and following game news. he just know the game is announced thanks to PS4 PSN listing it, that's all. I can't imagine how much players will be chocked or deceived if not properly announced.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: x65943

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
for the spoil part I agree.
for the "just midgar" I disagree. new generation of players never played the PS1 version! they don't know what to expect.
I think all new players kno tht this is a continued remake as its mentioned in every piece of news it has

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And sq say it includes endgame content so new players won't be bothered if dont kno the original it wil just be a normal finished game to them

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a feeling I am going to see a lot of these in the bargain bin quickly.
If they sold a million on launch day and let's say even if 100.000 thought it was bolox sq wil stil say what a result

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
15h and you know where you are in the story? half?
let us know how much time you played it to complete it, and your overall impression. Did you play the original?
I remember needing 8H to complete midgar, but I wonder how much longer it'll take now. 30 or more?

Last edited by Cyan,

Dubbicakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing there's a arrogant fanboy here to defend the game. ;p
Either way it's not widely known to be only part 1 of the game, if it were they would've put it on the box, or at the very least said it somewhere other than a couple interviews on websites hardly anyone reads anymore.
Also, I won't be replying so don't cry about it.

Cool trailer though, I look forward to playing it in five or six years when it's finished. =]

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good thing there's a arrogant fanboy here to defend the game. ;p
Either way it's not widely known to be only part 1 of the game, if it were they would've put it on the box, or at the very least said it somewhere other than a couple interviews on websites hardly anyone reads anymore.
Also, I won't be replying so don't cry about it.

Cool trailer though, I look forward to playing it in five or six years when it's finished. =]
stupid comment of the day lol so you think its normal for someone to criticise a game tht they havnt pld and saying youl play it in 6 years when finished seriously grow up mate the game wil act as a standalone game its not like a telltale game

Reactions: Dubbicakes

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just met the chick with the flowers in the church.
I am guessing you never played the original?

stupid comment of the day lol so you think its normal for someone to criticise a game tht they havnt pld and saying youl play it in 6 years when finished seriously grow up mate the game wil act as a standalone game its not like a telltale game
I mean FFVX dropped in 2016 and they are still releasing story related content? Or at least they were a few months ago. And we know for a fact that Squeenix is selling this as a piecemeal kind of deal so that comment its as ludicrous as you might think.

Last edited by BORTZ,

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit skeptical about some of the extra story elements (Shades, SOLDIER stuff) but I'm still looking forward to it. More on the cautiously optimistic side at this point.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So does the sword on Cloud's back just goes through the the structure in the playground when he's sitting down lol
But yeah, otherwise from what i've seen so far the game should be pretty good once all of the story is completed.
Seems like they took some liberties here and there while staying true to the original.
Guess each episodes will finish with a big boss battle, probably exclusive to the remake, like fighting one form of Sephiroth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the...