ROM Hack Final Fantasy VII: Project Omnislash [Switch Version]

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer:
FF7 Project Omnislash is a strictly non-profit project created by fans for entertainment purposes only.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

projec10.png

Welcome to the official thread for FF7 Project Omnislash on the Nintendo Switch!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What this project adds:
-) New HD graphics for all Enemies, NPC's, Main Characters, Weapons, Battle backgrounds, World Map models and Summons!
-) New HD Cutscene Videos!
-) New Battle Sound Effects!
-) New HD Avatars/Menu!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links to download the project:
High-res original version (for anyone running CFW that's able to run the provided overclock)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1cOvbfCPqL_kU4haJI7cpGgMuWZXYys/view?usp=sharing
Scaled down performance version (for anyone running CFW that's not able to run the provided overclock)
https://mega.nz/#!X9lHQKJI!O78VRIkYwZYlu5RYcVKf_h7DmhiizfUhSAPsT1E0mnM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to install the project:
To install this project you'll need to copy the entire provided "0100A5B00BDC6000" folder onto your switch SD card into the "contents" folder. Below is what the folder setup should look like depending on which custom firmware you have.

Atmosphere CFW: atmosphere/contents/0100A5B00BDC6000
ReiNX CFW: reinx/titles/0100A5B00BDC6000
SXOS CFW: sxos/titles/0100A5B00BDC6000

Video tutorial on how to install the project:

(Make sure to go show this Youtuber love he made this awesome tutorial video to help everyone)
FF7 Overclock Config file included:
Included in this project is a folder labeled "FF7 Switch Overclock Config File". Within this folder you'll find a config file that will help FF7 run a lot smoother.
This config file will overclock your Switch when just running FF7. Helping it handle any sort of lag that may arise from using these HD mods. Just drop this config file into your config folder on the root of SD card and you are all set.
Project release trailer:

Screenshots of the project:
rufus_11.jpg

aerith11.jpg

114.jpg

312.jpg

212.jpg

outsid11.jpg

omnisl12.jpg

turks11.jpg

chocom10.jpg

shinra10.jpg

611.jpg

rufus_12.jpg

412.jpg

e3237e10.jpg

midgar10.jpg

711.jpg

512.jpg

811.jpg

7a853410.jpg

nibelh11.jpg

sephir13.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join our Discord channel:
Any modders or fans of FF7 on Switch interested in joining a discord occupied by Switch modders and others driven to unite the Switch modding scene? Follow the discord invite below to join our official discord! We are all working towards the same goals, so that’s why we are trying to build up a family type modding discord to do it together. So what are you waiting for? Follow the discord link below and come join the family!

https://discordapp.com/invite/Qsskk8r
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Closing thanks:
I just wanted to thank everyone for downloading and supporting this project! FF7 Project Omnislash is the true FF7 dream remaster all OG fans have wanted! Created by the fans for the fans! So hit download, go grab your Switch, then sit back and prepare to enjoy your favorite childhood game in beautiful HD like you've never done before! I'll see you all in Midgar soon my friends!

Last edited by MrEffler22,

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you’ll need to purchase FF7 for Switch and have a hacked switch running CFW compatible with layeredfs. Then just download the project and drop it into it’s correct folder on your SD card. PLEASE make sure to support the original creators. I in no way support or condone the act of piracy.

Arolandis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also worth looking into HD backgrounds. We have even better options that just waifu2x now. Take a look at the Moguri Mod. Same thing is being done for 7. Code has already been written by some people to train the AI and then convert your images. Definitely worth a look.

This already looks like the FFVII we all actually wanted (or most of us, didn't have to be a full-blown 10-year developent project, square...).

Reactions: MrEffler22

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Arolandis The only reason I’ve not replaced the backgrounds is because the base version of FF7 has a max file size cap on the LGP’s correlating to the exe. With aali’s drivers on PC that’s been by passed, but currently on the Switch version nobody has yet converted over the drivers to work, or created something that can do the same thing. Leaving me with this massive project to fit into that little 2gb per LGP limit. So the backgrounds and such will stay vanilla. but honestly, on the Switch version especially in handheld mode like we all will most likely prefer to play this project, the vanilla backgrounds don’t look bad at all. But that’s the only reason that hasn’t been done yet. If someone breaks that cap I’ll then add upscaled backgrounds field and battle to the project.

Reactions: Jaitor and Diag

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@MrEffler22 can you link to this limit mod? Maybe I will try to look at it

Edit: ah, ok. This is graphics driver for implementing OpenGL. So it can be done by making homebrew launching game. But it will be too much to do.

Edit2: but it looks like there is opengl code in Switch executables.

Last edited by masagrator,

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@masagrator yeah the issue is going to require someone with knowledge of coding to recode the drivers to work with the Switch hardware. I have ran into an issue though I’d like to throw out there if anyone can assist me. When it comes to High_us.lgp models and some World Map models like the Juno boat I’m running into rainbow texture issues for my models when I size the textures down to a max of 256. All textures are converted to 24bit because that’s what the FF7 native format is. Does anybody know how I can fix this issue? I haven’t really dove deep into the issue because I’ve been busy porting over everything, but if I need to I can take the time to figure it out myself. Just wanted to throw the question out there just in case somebody knew a quick fix for this. Thanks in advance.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Weird, but at the beginning of elf file is exactly 2GB value.
upload_2019-4-21_13-50-56.png

Maybe this is the limit? :v

Edit: nah, it looks like there is plenty of these values.

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, but at the beginning of elf file is exactly 2GB value.
View attachment 164414

Maybe this is the limit? :v

Edit: nah, it looks like there is plenty of these values.
Would you be willing to take a look at the files in the Shaders folder and tell me if you can figure out how to turn off the text pixel filter or the background anti-alias filter? They're all OpenGL shaders stored as text files

Last edited by Fewtch22,
Reactions: MrEffler22

MrEffler22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RAWRzilla22 I'm right there with you, if anyone can figure that out please lend a hand and do so. That would help the game a lot. Also, copy over your previous NT comment from the other thread about us joining forces and post it on this thread so everyone can see. I’m not personally a fan of NT but I know that a lot of people out there are. So I’m all for giving the project two versions for the player to choose from.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It looks like executables are out of question without sdk. subsdk0 contains opengl instructions, but without sdk we don't know what is what.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install the "Beacause" mod with this?
It was ported to the Switch, but Omnislash and Beacause have a few files with the same names.

Also, will there be an option at some point to keep the original character menu portraits?

@masagrator yeah the issue is going to require someone with knowledge of coding to recode the drivers to work with the Switch hardware. I have ran into an issue though I’d like to throw out there if anyone can assist me. When it comes to High_us.lgp models and some World Map models like the Juno boat I’m running into rainbow texture issues for my models when I size the textures down to a max of 256. All textures are converted to 24bit because that’s what the FF7 native format is. Does anybody know how I can fix this issue? I haven’t really dove deep into the issue because I’ve been busy porting over everything, but if I need to I can take the time to figure it out myself. Just wanted to throw the question out there just in case somebody knew a quick fix for this. Thanks in advance.

I have no knowledge about this, and I am more than likely wrong, but maybe the texture problem has something to do with shaders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1