Gaming final fantasy vii on the ds

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
So are you saying DQ9 looks as good as Star Ocean 4, requires as many people as Star Ocean 4, showcases the best DQ's got? I see only one reason DQ9 comes out for DS; DS has sold tons of hardware. (Which ultimately translates to fewer crew required, low cost, short production time, high expected sales, etc)

When has any mainstream FF not tried to showcase best graphics possible? Square KNOWS they can score more sales and make more profit by making FF13 for DS, but they don't compromise quality for money. They'd rather showcase FF team's cumulated knowhow and create a masterpiece regardless of how long it takes, how much money it costs, how many people it takes.

If Square were so obsessed with money, they would have accepted Microsoft's offer instead of fusing with Enix. They'd be in hellota better financial condition than now if they did.

And do you honestly think Square planned to port FF6 to GBA in 2006 when they were creating FF6 for SNES in 1993?
Ports happen because handhelds specs have been upped so they can handle old console games, the original was great, fans still want to play it decade after SNES's been obsolete.

Say my child wants to have the same food two days in a row.
Should I serve spaghetti two dinners in a row, or am I a lazy bastard for feeding her the same thing?

1. How can DQ9 look as good as Star Ocean 4 they are for totally different systems anyway imho graphics don't make game especially RPG's.
2. Also I think that Square's games tend to do a lot of storytelling and with consoles they are able do this better. They also tend to use a lot of FMV's. And anyway isn't it better that they tend to make quality games?
3. I never said square was obsessed with money?
4. I wasn't talking about then I was talking about lately.
5. What did the child thing have to do with anything?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
While having FFVII in our lovely NDS will be very fun, first things first, is there any info about SQUARE wanna make it? It's useless fighting over something that doesn't exist, or won't exist.

The graphics of ol' FFVII I'm sure NDS can handle, but the quest is too long. Think 128 MB will fit for it?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Front Mission DS was a port of PSX version + extras and it was 64MB.
Because FF7 has duplicate data on all discs, it'll either just barely fit in 128MB or use 256MB and have lots of dummies.

But if Square ever wanted to remake FF7, I bet it'll be an up-port to HD not down-port.
I thought FF7CC was good enough to quench FF7 thirst (if any) though.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'd say, porting FFVII (original) to DS will not hurt anyone, and might please them as well!

I forgot about the duplicate data. I think it will fit well. But I'd like it to be 128 MB, so the quality is pretty much better
smile.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
I'd say, porting FFVII (original) to DS will not hurt anyone, and might please them as well!

I forgot about the duplicate data. I think it will fit well. But I'd like it to be 128 MB, so the quality is pretty much better
smile.gif

Actually, theres 256 MB cards for the DS, some games use more data than the average limit of 128 MB

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Really? What games? They should rock! Or, should they? I want to try them, do you still remember the titles Narin?
They are sadly all Japanese releases though I believe one is heading to the USA. The games are 2048 Megabits (256 Megabytes) which is the largest size for the Nintendo DS to date, twice as large as the next largest which we see in the US of 1024 Megabits (128 Megabytes)

Anyways, here they are:
1458 Archiac Sealed Heat
1934 Sunrise Anime Duke - Sunrise no Joushiki - Minna no Hijoushiki - Vol. 1
2032 Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Season'
2205 Vitamin X Evolution
2331 13-Sai no Hello Work DS
2348 Hiiro no Kakera DS

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Be ready thread starter! The Great Sephiroth is watching this FFVII thread!
biggrin.gif

Damn, Tokimeki Memorial again? Do Japanese people have lost their confidence that even dates have to be simulated?
unsure.gif

And the Sain-no-Hello-Work.... now that's what I call work experience
smile.gif

Is Archiac Sealed Heat available in English? The title is English, heh

And what's that name? Vitamin x Evolution? I'm pretty sure its quirky
biggrin.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, from an interview with Square, Final Fantasy 7 was their first experimentation into making a 3D Final Fantasy game as well as creating a game that spanned multiple CDs. The game data itself is well, not as much, they could have fitted the entire Final Fantasy 7 game on just 2 CDs and possibly just one. The CDs contained a lot of redundant data, hi-res cut scenes, music, images and so on hence why it took up three CDs.

At any rate, if you down size and compress the cut scenes, the models, textures, compress the music and everything else, you cold possible fit the game on a DS cart. So its a matter of if Square will go trhough all the trouble porting the game to the DS.

Look at the Final Fantasy games currently on the DS, they look amazing, better graphics than a lot of what you see in Final Fantasy 7 (Hell, some of the sprites and textures had more polygons than the character sprites in Final Fantasy 7). Though in the end, there will be a lot of controversy surrounding the port due to the high reguard many of the fans have for the game so they would nit pick through any port of the game to find any flaw, no matter how tiny it is and complain about it. Then there will be those people who say the game is boring or nothing new to the game being a port of FF7 which they played already.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Still, FFVII is pretty epic, even better than FFVIII. a port for NDS won't hurt, many people liked FFVII. With so many titles bearing FFVII, an original, classical port will be nice (for me)

But, porting it to DS means no lifestreams, those movies cost a heck of memory I think, they're high-res, aren't they?
Also, the graphics of FFVII is not that epic, although enjoyable, such graphics will fit easily to NDS, flaws in PlayStatio, (due to the big screen of our TV) will be less exploitable in NDS (thanks to smaller screens, lower res won't impose much problem). And character models can be compressed without much worries

P.S. off topic, talking about FFVII reminds me of Mako Energy, which reminds me of Soma Energy
tongue.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I welcomed FF ports on GBA because it's hard to find SNES and SNES game carts -for most people-.
PS2 and PS3 support full PSX backwards compatibility (if you still have the game).

So in this case what fans want is more of "finely polished FF7" opposed to "FF7 on newer platform so they can play it again"
And FF7 on DS would the the latter. It won't hurt Square's bank, but there'd be discontent fanboys' rage for sure.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmmm.. can't argue that argument, yeah.

Even more, SQUARE released a few screenshots, featuring a breathtaking High-Resolution Cloud Strife, wearing his old ex-SOLDIER uniform. And an HD footage featuring FFVII's intro movie. People has been discussing about possible remake of FFVII for PS3, and that dims my hope....
frown.gif

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Hmmm.. can't argue that argument, yeah.

Even more, SQUARE released a few screenshots, featuring a breathtaking High-Resolution Cloud Strife, wearing his old ex-SOLDIER uniform. And an HD footage featuring FFVII's intro movie. People has been discussing about possible remake of FFVII for PS3, and that dims my hope....
frown.gif

They did the same thing with Final Fantasy 6 for the N64 and Final Fantasy 8 for the PS2. Square demonstrating hardware isn't anything new. :/

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The problem is FFVII titles were released in graphic-oriented consoles. FFVII is now related to high-resolutions, thanks to FFVII:AC.
unsure.gif
I'd really hope they'll consider of porting FFVII

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-