Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got to disc 3 on Final Fantasy VII on my PSP. Both the discs played and looked great, until I got to the third disc. There is a large (and annoying) black bar at the bottom of the screen for some reason. I'm using pops 3.71. Can anybody assist me?

(On a side note, I didn't convert these myself, I got them pre-converted.)

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are obviuosly not on the current firmware. if i were you, i would update to 5.00 m33-6. the popsloader issue with ffvii is apparently fixed. try that first before you get all dizzy.
wink.gif

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
popsloader issue?

yeah, some games had better compatibility on the 3.71 pops, rather than, say, 3.90. so thats what popsloader was used for. i believe that after 4.00 the pops had greater compatibility with problematic psx games.
yaypsp.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
There never was a popsloader issue! If you meant the compatibility issue of pops in certain firmwares, that's more a pops issue that popsloader solves...at the moment, the far and away best choice for PSX emulation is 5.00 M33-6 due to the extra pops choices that the 5.00 M33-2 popsloader possesses.

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
cupajoe said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
Can people not search for popsloader compatability anymore?
I'm just puzzled because discs 1 and 2 worked perfectly on pops 3.71, but then disc 3 has an inexplicable black bar on the bottom.

This is often a symptom of a pal game (black borders - happened on my pal copy of FF7). Is it possible that somebody used ntsc iso's for disks 1 and 2 and then a pal iso for disk 3??!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)