Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

tried42long

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, so some players have it too. I thought it was caused by me, 'cause I also had some errors with the KH:BBS FM patch(Although doing the patching again fixed it).

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky sorry ask is the patch will be updated to fix the bugs?/and i have a question to all to know if this is a bug or the crimson codex will update later because show the text but the image show "no data" im in chapter 7(only make story not sos ,i not know if is because this)in this "characters info":
"soryu dragon 1/3";
"suzaku l'cie mizua 1/1";
"suzaku l'cie kayahare 1/1";
"suzaku l'cie mahoa 1/1";
"suzaku l'cie ....(not remember
"suzaku l'cie suzasu 1/1"
and "genbu l'cie ansar 1/1" this characters show image later?or is because i not make any sos ?thanks

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky sorry ask is the patch will be updated to fix the bugs?/and i have a question to all to know if this is a bug or the crimson codex will update later because show the text but the image show "no data" im in chapter 7(only make story not sos ,i not know if is because this)in this "characters info":
"soryu dragon 1/3";
and "genbu l'cie ansar 1/1" this characters show image later?or is because i not make any sos ?thanks

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"soryu dragon 1/3";

That's not an error, it's how it's supposed to look. As for updates, I don't discard them ;)

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm glad to see you still come to reply to this thread.
FF Type 0 works in PS3 as a psp remaster, but the patched game doesn't. I suspect it has something to do with the iso being above the normal UMD capacity, the same way it gives problems in certain psp firmwares.
Straight to the point, I'm asking for a two ISO version of the patch. I've read that you merged the iso to make the translation easier, but I don't know how far the shared contents between the two disc go and how that affects the translation.
Best case sceneraio would be that removing all disc 2 video files doesn't have any impact in the game as far as disc 1 goes, so removing them should be fine (then do the same for disc 2 removing disc 1's files).

As you see what I'm asking is more like a ripkit that can transform the merged iso into a fully playable disc1 and disc2 ISOS that are below the UMD capacity limit to skip this problems. I ask it because my guess is that it shouldn't take too much effor (rebuild yellow.pkg without the files, then build the iso and make the patch), but of course I could be wrong and be too much trouble.

Of course there might be other reasons why the translated image doesn't work as a PSP remaster, but please consider it.

EDIT: I've seen you are aware of this in ps3hax and already considered a 2 disc version, the main problem being you don't have a cfw ps3, sorry for the long post.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've already answered you in another forum, but to keep people up to date here too: long story short:

-PSP ISO's larger than 2 GB should work on Cobra PS3 CFW's. So it's not the merging what prevents the game from running in a PS3. In fact, the Type-0 merged ISO (having 2.36 GB) does work on PS3... In Japanese, that is.
-(At least) one of the hacks applied during the translation process is the culprit, then again, I can't tell.

So in a nutshell... Splitting the translated game in 2 discs would be a waste of time, it wouldn't work anyway: some extra tinkering is required and for that, I need to get my hands on a CFW PS3.

~Sky

tried42long

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got some clarifications about summer costumes.

So I got those ceremonial outfits from the members site(demo link referrals). And I also got summer outfits for Deuce, Rem, Cinque and the "What if..." ending.

In the crimson codex, I can look at everybody's summer outfits(IDK why, because I only have 3.). The problem is that only Deuce, Rem and Cinque have their ceremonial outfits available for viewing.

Reishiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm Sorry for bothering you but is there anyway I can play/convert the sound files? They're in sscf format which I don't know how to deal with them.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fantastic work and sharing, thank you, SkyBladeCloud and your team work!! :)

To report a problem I've encountered, and not found over the known issues yet, my character would move by itself to the right without me touching the stick, right soon by the start of the game..

After investigating and trying, it appears it is caused by applying the patch to the "Merged Iso" of both UMD. With the patch on the UMD 1 alone, the bug does not happen anymore.

So, thanks again and I seriously consider to donate some money for this!! ^^

Edit : Aaand.. Purchased my official Japanese copy of the game, thanks to you folks work!

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not an error, it's how it's supposed to look. As for updates, I don't discard them ;)

Any chance of finding out why the videos don't work on some psps? I too have the issue where although the game runs great on my psp, I have a black screen instead of videos. And has anyone attempted to make an inferno plugin? Similar to the old Prometheus plugin.

tathra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyBlade - first off, thank you for the patch, there are some errors, but nothing that makes it impossible or even difficult to play, but if you do plan on releasing a more complete patch in the future, i've found a couple spots that need some attention (and if whats released now is all that will be released, just ignore the rest of this post); no idea if they've already been mentioned because there is waaaay too much thread to comb through and i didnt see any mention within 5 pages:

if data is loaded from the demo, in order to get a Growth Egg and the Summer Uniforms, the character names when gaining levels are gibberish; i dont know if this can be fixed though since you load the save you used in the demo

Raise spell - displays as "Reraise"
Marshal d'Avout accessory - says "grants Aura & Quick", should be "grants Trance and Quick"; also, it should probably start with "Cuts Intrusion Time" rather than having it in the middle of the description so that it matches all the other accessories that reduce intrusion time
Lamia's Scythe - says "ATK +8", should be "ATK +38"
Topaz Shield - says "Bullet DEF +25%, Impact DEF +30%", i think its supposed to be "Bullet DEF/Impact DEF +30%"
Unwavering Ring, Battle Ring, Protect Ring - not really an error, but "DEF/(type) DEF +x%" seems strange because DEF is being increased by a set number rather than a percentage. "DEF +x, (type) DEF +x%" would look better
Opal Shield - i'm not sure this is an error but since there are a few errors in the patch, the normal accessory icon rather than gold icon and the low sell price have me curious if it really does grant +30% to all 4 physical types like it says (cut/pierce/bullet/impact)

Deuce's ability Concerto - grants Aura and Protect, but not Trance (FF Concerto grants Aura and Trance)

i've seen mention of some errors in the script when talking to people, but i havent noticed any yet myself, and i already passed the point where one error was mentioned to be, so i cant confirm it

overall the patch is very well done, but its easy to miss a few things when there's a whole lot of text to comb through, especially since the patch was released a month or 2 early. thanks again for the hard work of you and your team :)

Reactions: nalcwap

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyBlade - first off, thank you for the patch, there are some errors, but nothing that makes it impossible or even difficult to play, but if you do plan on releasing a more complete patch in the future, i've found a couple spots that need some attention (and if whats released now is all that will be released, just ignore the rest of this post); no idea if they've already been mentioned because there is waaaay too much thread to comb through and i didnt see any mention within 5 pages:

if data is loaded from the demo, in order to get a Growth Egg and the Summer Uniforms, the character names when gaining levels are gibberish; i dont know if this can be fixed though since you load the save you used in the demo

Raise spell - displays as "Reraise"
Marshal d'Avout accessory - says "grants Aura & Quick", should be "grants Trance and Quick"; also, it should probably start with "Cuts Intrusion Time" rather than having it in the middle of the description so that it matches all the other accessories that reduce intrusion time
Lamia's Scythe - says "ATK +8", should be "ATK +38"
Topaz Shield - says "Bullet DEF +25%, Impact DEF +30%", i think its supposed to be "Bullet DEF/Impact DEF +30%"
Unwavering Ring, Battle Ring, Protect Ring - not really an error, but "DEF/(type) DEF +x%" seems strange because DEF is being increased by a set number rather than a percentage. "DEF +x, (type) DEF +x%" would look better
Opal Shield - i'm not sure this is an error but since there are a few errors in the patch, the normal accessory icon rather than gold icon and the low sell price have me curious if it really does grant +30% to all 4 physical types like it says (cut/pierce/bullet/impact)

Deuce's ability Concerto - grants Aura and Protect, but not Trance (FF Concerto grants Aura and Trance)

i've seen mention of some errors in the script when talking to people, but i havent noticed any yet myself, and i already passed the point where one error was mentioned to be, so i cant confirm it

overall the patch is very well done, but its easy to miss a few things when there's a whole lot of text to comb through, especially since the patch was released a month or 2 early. thanks again for the hard work of you and your team :)

You may want to report those here with screens if you can
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wRR3a_TGgV6hKh2YivC0ST7yjbVFLAagzWIpOjcYFOU/edit?pli=1

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky, if I'm interested in learning how to work on the the programming aspect of making a fan translation. where would I start to learn how. I'm interested in aiding in conception translation( and others in the future) so I'd like to learn.
Also, do you have an email for people to ask you question available.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT FLUG IS?!?!?! LOL

Hey can anybody answer my post from pages ago since we're talking about cheating?

Hey so I'm trying to run hacks aw well. Even though I almost completed the game I decided to restart in English. I'm going over my cheat.db and notice I had a disc 1 and disc 2, although when I get into cwcheats I think it just recognizes which "disk" im using. I saw Sky's post, is that something we can use for the merged ISO?

Now my main question is, my previous experience modifiers would freeze the game, however other cheats worked. I just want to be able to upgrade my soljas XP faster. Since I'm not good with coding I inserted this:
_C0 EXP MULTIPLIER x2
_L 0x200DE4D4 0x00108040
_C0 EXP MULTIPLIER x4
_L 0x200DE4D4 0x00108080
_C0 EXP MULTIPLIER x8
_L 0x200DE4D4 0x00108160
_C0 EXP MULTIPLIER x16
_L 0x200DE4D4 0x00108320
After reading this:
_L 0x200DE4D4 0x00108xx0
#xx = multiplier digit , while " 04 " is x 2
#(please do the math yourself for the rest)
I thought I did the math right, but apparently not so I also put in some other modifiers I found to use incase I didn't code them in right:
_C0 EXP 16 extra test
_L 0x088de4d4 0x00108100
_C0 EXP 2x
_L 0x088de4d4 0x00108040
_C0 EXP 4x
_L 0x088de4d4 0x00108080
_C0 EXP 8x
_L 0x088de4d4 0x001080C0

So did I do it right? And also can I just combine both disk numbers for all my cheats? Oh yeah and wtf is this cheat?: _C0 Flug
_L 0x80426D6A 0x000E01C0
_L 0x00000007 0x00000000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44