Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

castfromhp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick update on my situation where my Crimson Codex was bugged. Hopefully, this helps anyone else who had my problem and helps the translators figure out what the issue might be.

On a whim, I tried to access the Crimson Codex via the History option in the main menu rather than the in-game location, and it worked fine there. I loaded my save file and went to the in-game location, and it worked fine there as well. One thing of note is that I had exited the game completely for the first time and started it again, though I'm not sure how that might have affected things.

My save menu is still partially Japanese. Specifically, "Final Fantasy Type-0" and all the information about my save file is in English. The save and cancel commands next to the X and O button symbols are in Japanese. If I save, the prompt asking me to confirm overwriting the save is in Japanese, as are the messages after confirming. When cancelling a save, the messages are in Japanese as well. The word for save/load in the upper left corner (at least, that's what I assume those words are) are in Japanese. I haven't seen any other instances of Japanese in the game, aside from the dates in videos which Sky has said he didn't get to finish editing.

I'm at the point in the game where you first get freedom to roam about the academy freely, right after registering as students. I had played the game continuously without loading exiting the game entirely up until that point, though I had loaded from previous saves without exiting the game. As I said in an earlier post, I'm on PRO CFW 6.60, and I applied the patch to a merged ISO. I'm playing on a PSP 2000.

Hopefully this post isn't too long-winded. I'm hoping these exact details will help the team isolate the exact issue here so they can more easily fix it. Thanks for all the hard work, guys! I've greatly enjoyed playing the first chapter of the game.

Merkabah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the extra information. However, I wasn't able to follow under what circumstances the Crimson Codex worked for you, or even if it did work.

Additionally, the same menu information is not a priority bug during these early days, as the menu is totally usable either way. We'll start investigating it as soon as we can, though!

castfromhp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'll try to be more clear.

At first, when I played the game, I played up through to the point where the Academy opens up to you and you can wander freely. The first thing I did was go to the Crimson Codex, and I found the bugs that were noted before. 0/0 listed in place of characters, completely blank lists (not question marks, just blank spaces) I couldn't scroll through, etc. I did not try to view the Codex from the main menu.

I posted about it in this thread, and then decided to put the game down and wait until a fix was posted. It was at this point I completely exited the game for the first time and went back to my PSP's home menu.

A couple hours later, I remembered that the Codex could be viewed from the main menu and decided to see if that would work, rather than visiting the in-game location. I found that it worked just fine, and when I loaded up my save file, it seemed to work fine as well there too despite not having worked before.

So, as far as I can tell, the only changes that happened between the Codex bugging out and then later working for me were exiting the game completely and running it again and the fact I viewed the Codex from the main menu. I didn't turn off my PSP or play any other games during that period.

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, when I started new game, a black screen appeared and stayed.
When I pressed the X button, it asked me if I want to skip cutscenes even though nothing is showing.
What's going on?

From what I see the first cutscenes will not start.
Plz help if possible.
Also, I'm not the only one with this problem am I.

castfromhp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, when I started new game, a black screen appeared and stayed.
When I pressed the X button, it asked me if I want to skip cutscenes even though nothing is showing.
What's going on

Are you playing on an emulator or PSP?

If you're on an emulator, you'll want to make sure you have PPSSPP v0.9.8-1088-ga31194a and not an earlier version (this is not the same as the version on the PPSSPP front page, btw).
If you're on a PSP, what CFW are you using?

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're on an emulator, you'll want to make sure you have PPSSPP v0.9.8-1088-ga31194a and not an earlier version (this is not the same as the version on the PPSSPP front page, btw).
well IM having the same problem & I am using the latest ppsspp app.

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm using a PSP with CFW: Pro 6.60

castfromhp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I'm on a PSP using the same CFW, and I've had no issues with cutscenes. And one of my friends using the emulator had trouble until I told him to use the latest version. The only other thing that might be relevant is setting the rendering mode to buffered rendering".

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I'm on a PSP using the same CFW, and I've had no issues with cutscenes. And one of my friends using the emulator had trouble until I told him to use the latest version. The only other thing that might be relevant is setting the rendering mode to buffered rendering".
6.6 is the latest one right.
Also, I'm using a psp 1000.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of you who would like to discuss any issues you may be experiencing or bugs you've seen, or just to chat, I will be on Twitch in just a few minutes to help people get issues ironed out. http://www.twitch.tv/protomerkabah
can u do how to make this run on the emulator for pc & android. I could get it running but like others I get stuckon black screen after I start a new game.

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of you who would like to discuss any issues you may be experiencing or bugs you've seen, or just to chat, I will be on Twitch in just a few minutes to help people get issues ironed out. http://www.twitch.tv/protomerkabah
I'm sorry if this seems rude, but I can't chat in twitch without making an account, and I'd rather not make an account for a website I don't visit often, so could you please explain the issue on this page please.

Dyusu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuuki-san: In order to chat on twitch, you have to make an account. No exception, unfortunately.

Hollowishollow: The patcher can patch the individual iso discs or a merged iso of both, which the merging tool is for.

---

In the meantime, hi, newbie here! Needed to ask a question - is anyone using the merged patched iso on the PSP 3000 having it turn off their PSP and crash at the PSP load screen? For some reason this is happening with this specific iso and I have no idea why.

Specifically, I'm using a PSP 3000, a merged ISO done through leecherman's method, and CFW Pro 6.60 B9. I've tried using unmerged iso discs as well and it does not work either. Is it the ISO or the patch doing this? Or is it something else?

--

Also, since I'm here, wanted to give my utmost thanks to Sky and the entire team for making this translation a reality - I thought I'd never see the day this would be in English but now it is! So again, thank you! (:

Merkabah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed issue:

- PSP: The patched copy of the game crashes at the initial loading screen.
- Solution: This issue only seems to occur with CFW Pro 6.60 B9. Please update to CFW Pro 6.60 B10 and the game should load normally.

Reactions: Madridi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol