Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think somebody already suggested this earlier, but how would people feel about a separate thread and/or poll (if you can set up a poll in GBATemp idk) for suggestions for what project we'd like to see the team turn their hands to next, so as to separate that talk from Type-0-related conversation?

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think somebody already suggested this earlier, but how would people feel about a separate thread and/or poll (if you can set up a poll in GBATemp idk) for suggestions for what project we'd like to see the team turn their hands to next, so as to separate that talk from Type-0-related conversation?

Sky is putting up a poll on the blog when this project is done. There's no harm in a discussion about it, here.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Episode 2 has been translated for quite a while now, in guide form.

That's not a true game translation since the actual game assets haven't been touched. That's like using a guide to navigate Russian Windows or Chinese websites. The process of using Windows, or playing a game for that matter, becomes more of a chore than fun if the user has to constantly stop what he's doing to navigate a translation guide. Casual fans need not apply.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky is putting up a poll on the blog when this project is done. There's no harm in a discussion about it, here.
Then we should put our heads together and compile a list of AAA titles to recommend for his poll.

Yakuza: Black Panther [Famitsu 36/40]

391016.jpg

Yakuza: Black Panther 2 [Famitsu 38/40]

02862-16%5B1%5D.jpg

JC200X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not a true game translation since the actual game assets haven't been touched. That's like using a guide to navigate Russian Windows or Chinese websites. The process of using Windows, or playing a game for that matter, becomes more of a chore than fun if the user has to constantly stop what he's doing to navigate a translation guide. Casual fans need not apply.

Except that you're comparing something that is very big and too complicated to use a guide for to something that requires much less time and effort. He was asking for a translation for Episode 2, which isn't nearly as long as Episode 1 was, and I simply directed him to one. Be it a guide or whatever.

To add, yes, it's not a patch or anything that would translate anything within the game's files. However, this is all we currently have and is better than nothing at all.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that you're comparing something that is very big and too complicated to use a guide for to something that requires much less time and effort. He was asking for a translation for Episode 2, which isn't nearly as long as Episode 1 was, and I simply directed him to one. Be it a guide or whatever.

To add, yes, it's not a patch or anything that would translate anything within the game's files. However, this is all we currently have and is better than nothing at all.
Wonderful translation effort, but a rather poor way to actually play the game. If I came off sounding critical of your recommendation, I didn't mean to. I just don't think the average gamer cares much for translation guides. For me personally, I usually just skip em and move on to something else. But, for someone who feels they absolutely must play the game, your recommendation will help them considerably.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful translation effort, but a rather poor way to actually play the game. If I came off sounding critical of your recommendation, I didn't mean to. I just don't think the average gamer cares much for translation guides. For me personally, I usually just skip em and move on to something else. But, for someone who feels they absolutely must play the game, your recommendation will help them considerably.

The average gamer also doesn't know of the existence of translation patches.
It's a very niche gamer that does.

Reactions: LoyalZero1

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The average gamer also doesn't know of the existence of translation patches.
It's a very niche gamer that does.
Knowledge of translation patches != An interest in using translation guides

To borrow your own term, gamers who willingly play games glued to translation guides could be considered a niche within a niche.

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowledge of translation patches != An interest in using translation guides

Hmmm.. I don't know about that. At least in my case anyway.... I love translation patches but i'd never use a translation guide to play anything. I know tales of Rebirth has one and i'd rather wait for the patch - which seems like it'll never get here.

Reactions: zfreeman and Zyphr

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.. I don't know about that. At least in my case anyway.... I love translation patches but i'd never use a translation guide to play anything. I know tales of Rebirth has one and i'd rather wait for the patch - which seems like it'll never get here.
LOL You and me both, man.

If you glance over my post again, I used the "not equal to" operator, suggesting that the two halves do not form a true statement.

idiotstrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if anyone suggested this already, but let me say this: Kenka Bancho 5 desparately needs localization. The third game had me left with mixed feelings (it was kinda stupid, awkward and hilarious at the same time), and while it had its portion of silly decisions, such as the time skip, it was still a decent game to spend some time in. Kenka Bancho 5 threw most of the issues out of the window and the only thing left is a fully fledged RPG with high school style and it's also somewhat original.

Please consider this gem, I already put around 50ish hours into it and I feel I could spend much more if I knew what the hell I'm doing.

jakrodriguez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Since we are suggesting games to translate I would like to suggest the Super Robot Taisen games. Although there is really no language barrier for the game play I would like know the story. While I would like the ones on the psp to be translated like Z2 and Z2.2(Beat these games twice), There are games in the series that are on other systems so I would like a translation of any of the games.

john032194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Since we are suggesting games to translate I would like to suggest the Super Robot Taisen games. Although there is really no language barrier for the game play I would like know the story. While I would like the ones on the psp to be translated like Z2 and Z2.2(Beat these games twice), There are games in the series that are on other systems so I would like a translation of any of the games.

there is one i think here http://gbatemp.net/threads/super-robot-wars-z2-english-patch.335313/ i dunno if the story is translated or not

if sky is opening a project after this, may i suggest one of the following
god eater 2, lord of apocalypse, last ranker(english PLAYTHROUGH out not patch), phantasy star portable 2 infinity(english PLAYTHROUGH not patch)

but the final decision whether you will put up another project or not is up to you team sky

Reactions: nalcwap

jakrodriguez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is one i think here http://gbatemp.net/threads/super-robot-wars-z2-english-patch.335313/ i dunno if the story is translated or not

god eater 2, lord of apocalypse, last ranker(english PLAYTHROUGH out not patch), phantasy star portable 2 infinity(english PLAYTHROUGH not patch)

but the final decision whether you will put up another project or not is up to you team sky

Those were only only menu patches and I believe there was never any plans to translate the story with that patch.

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Isn't Lord of Apocalypse already released in USA/EU as 'Lord of Arcana', or am I thinking of a different game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu