Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

AceOfQueens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that'll be changed, and what I meant is that, while bringing unused, beta stuff back to game would be pretty interesting, doing them ourselves would not :/

Eh, as long as you release the image replacement tools you won't need to get involved. Like I said, graphic designer here. And speaking of which, if it's not too much trouble can you post the raw image files (well, not THAT raw - in PNG preferably) of the combat HUD?

xen20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm afraid I didn't follow the thread in a while and I don't want to reread all of it page by page, but I'm nevertheless interested in knowing: how are you guys proceeding? Will there be a working patch soon?

LanHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you going to replace all of the kanji and audio in the game? Or is it possible to sub some of it instead? I mean, some of the bigger-sized kanji that appear in the game look really epic, so I think it would be a waste if you just replaced it with plain English.
menu1sk.png

This showed up earlier in the forum. Is it possible to do this with some of the kanji?

And as for the audio, if there will be an English dub, will it be optional? Because the Japanese voice acting is really good, I would like to be able to play it undubbed.

Thanks,

LanHikari

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
English dub won't happen. That'd be WAY too much work.
Kanji however, the image in particular would have to be re-made and replaced in it's entirety, but I believe they're leaving it since it already has english.

Nightmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't mean there aren't people out there that wouldn't like to do the hard work to fan dub it. As Sky stated once, work for something like that would only come after releasing translation patch first.

LanHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, great point. Thanks-- wait, I just had a thought... What if the English fandub was actually good? I mean, compared to all the other dubs that anime gets... that would be awesome.

AceOfQueens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going to replace all of the kanji and audio in the game? Or is it possible to sub some of it instead? I mean, some of the bigger-sized kanji that appear in the game look really epic, so I think it would be a waste if you just replaced it with plain English.
LanHikari

This is an English translation for English speakers, not a complicated and impractical as all hell patch tailor-made for weaboos.

English dub won't happen. That'd be WAY too much work.
Kanji however, the image in particular would have to be re-made and replaced in it's entirety, but I believe they're leaving it since it already has english.

It's not that hard. It's just a matter of replacing compressed audio files. The problem would be that much of the script would have to be re-written to match the lip syncing.

if there would be dub. who the hell would volunteer as a VA?

Mike from KH-Vids would be the first to volunteer. Which would be a very big VERY FUCK NO from the community overall. That said, I do remember this surprisingly decent fandub community from a while back ago that mostly dubbed foreign Asian live-action films (not a lot of game or anime stuff). I cite them because I remember them being better than anyone else, which means IF someone was to approach them, a lot of groveling and convincing would take place. :P That said, like I...erm, said, these guys are actually decent. So, maybe even going so far as dubbing this game eventually down the road could be an interesting possibility.

Reactions: signz

LanHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is an English translation for English speakers, not a complicated and impractical as all hell patch tailor-made for weaboos.
Those kanji I'm talking about are the really big ones. If you were to completely replace them with English wouldn't that look kind of out of place? Or am I just too used to playing the JP version... Anyway, they're images, aren't they? Would it be too complicated to sub them? Can't you just scale the kanji down, and add the sub next to it? Like the title menu or something? Hmm, but then... they're all in one big image... yeah, that would be complicated as hell. Oh well.
Haha, you're right, AceOfQueens, this is an "English translation for English speakers", and a free one at that too. I should be grateful for what is already there, and not ask for more-- unless of course, I am willing to work for it myself.
My apologies for being greedy.

AceOfQueens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already been changed to a larger, more PRACTICAL font that doesn't have kanji most of us don't freaking understand taking up more than 75% of the image space.

XxArgonxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was surfing around the internet today about FFT0 if you wanna play with the English menu's. Check this link out, *snip* If you've already found this good for you. For the people that haven't, Have fun.

MrShyCity

Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY
Trophies
Website
shypsp.blogspot.com
XP
Country
That look so nice and clean, Can have the Title Screen Wallpaper?, i always wanted to get.
is the multiplayer for will be enable for PSP-1000 or not? if i remember it right it doesn't support 1k model for multiplayer, i know its possible to enable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet