Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say the demos should be irrelevant and unneeded now since all of their content is in the final, minus the costumes which can be just imported. So no reason to keep them.

However I heard somewhere in this thread about a debug room and some beta characters (and that behind-the-scenes test video). Those parts do however stir up my interest and curiosity, since they add so much to the experience (I loved the Vagrant Story, and the Mother 3 one). Of course, if they are too much of a hassle to add or unlock with CWCheat codes, I'd understand if those were ditched all together (We're lucky enough to have the game translated)

Reactions: jordyboardy

ingus123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well it only takes like 10 minutes to do it so i dont think well need the demo mission in the full game (it kinda weird putting a demo in the full version)

Spargakun

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hey guys i'm a bit late finding out about this but if you still want some help translating i'd be more than happy to help out with translating some of the codex

Reactions: KiEgon

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yup remove the demo and add new/unlock the outfit
"i wonder if Sky is gonna make a texture mod in the future like Dissidia DLC :unsure:"

That can be done, just not as DLC's, cos this game has no DLC support as far as I know.

Btw I forgot to mention in my previous post that the demos has some officially localized dummy data, for example, the title menu.

This proves they had a western release in mind even before the game was released.

This is how the titles menu entries were going to look:

47709431.png

There are also some videos that are missing in the final game, showing magitek armors, and some others that were modified.

~Sky

Reactions: earlynovfan

ingus123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But dint they decided to Not release it in us version since they wanted to release it on ps vita and they needed 10% more content but they dint want it so they stopped?

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But dint they decided to Not release it in us version since they wanted to release it on ps vita and they needed 10% more content but they dint want it so they stopped?
They planned a Vita release but scrapped it due to marketing reasons. And likely SCEA conflicts. Not so much on content but the push for retail and the push for digital only on opposite ends.

Nightmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-About audio:

We can find 2 types of audio files:
*AT3(+) sound files -> very well known audio format in PSP. Not much to say here.
*ADPCM-encoded stream -> Using the “SSCF” header, this audio format encodes each 16 bit, mono sample in 4 bit data, reducing the size by ¼. It’s pretty easy to decode them knowing how the compression works. Here is an example of a decoded SSCF stream pack:

You guessed right, this is enough to dub the game.

This is the part that interested me the most out of everything else. I've exacted the two files below but I have no idea what to use to extract the files out of yellow.pkg and then repack it when I'm done. I didn't try the tool you put at the bottom of your first post since it said it would exacted images but if it does audio too then forgive my next question. What program would I used to exact and repack the audio after I've finished editing it?

-About the game's file system:

Right after opening the ISO, we can clearly see that all the game's data is stored in 2 files:

*yellow.pkg -> The data package, which contains all the game files together
*yellow.fsd -> The file system descriptor, which contains information on how the files are stored in the pkg.\
Thew file system descriptor is basically a data base, having:

I have google for programs to help me but I've only found ones that exact but don't say anything about repacking.

Edit: After a little more looking I found a program for unpacking it but nothing yet for repacking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work