Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
PS3-PSP emulation is not that good, probably the issue is the switching disc 1 and 2 and also doing a side quest there's a high chance that the save file may not be loaded or just get corrupted or it just wont load, its all about your luck , as far as I tested it, it glitches or rather freezes on certain side quest, it just froze the PS3 with nice blackscreen with the PS button is not responding.

so that's it, dont expect too much on PS3-PSP emulation since it wont do much anyway. If you like to deal with much hassle to make it work by means of trial and error then you can play the game on PS3 else, your SOL.

mellusia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I'm an obvious n00b here. Joined firstly to thank everyone involved with this project and giving more people a chance to play this game. I'm a fan of SE games, but I think their localization branches can really suck sometimes.

You guys rock ^^

But I'm also here for a more selfish second reason: I'm unable to play the merged ISO on my phat 1000 PSP running CFW 6.60 PRO-C. I tried searching this thread, but I don't know if this was clarified. Is it simply not possible to run the merged ISO on this specific CFW? I get to see the "Now Loading" text on the bottom right (and it was static, not even that pulsating effect) for a few seconds before my PSP simply shuts off D:

If that's the case, what is everyone else using to get this to work on the systems? I'm personally fine with having two switchable ISOs, but understand the merger was to keep the eventual English translation to one patch instead of two and something about the redundancy of it all. Aside from this, this CFW works fine for me, so I never thought to look for other CFW before >.<

Help is appreciated! Again, forever grateful for all the people working on making this game accessible to the rest of the world ♥

EDIT: Okay, looks like the issue was the ISO itself. Find another one and merged file works now

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But I'm also here for a more selfish second reason: I'm unable to play the merged ISO on my phat 1000 PSP running CFW 6.60 PRO-C. I tried searching this thread, but I don't know if this was clarified. Is it simply not possible to run the merged ISO on this specific CFW? I get to see the "Now Loading" text on the bottom right (and it was static, not even that pulsating effect) for a few seconds before my PSP simply shuts off

If that's the case, what is everyone else using to get this to work on the systems? I'm personally fine with having two switchable ISOs, but understand the merger was to keep the eventual English translation to one patch instead of two and something about the redundancy of it all. Aside from this, this CFW works fine for me, so I never thought to look for other CFW before >.<

o. o I myself used a self-ripped UMD and popped it in UMD GEN and just moved the files where they needed to go. You might be also want to check if you got patched yours a while back, making it able to work on the different psp versions and what-nots. I could also test it on my phat psp when I get home but that would take some time since I am at work atm and got schooling right after D : still trying to learn the language. But I can confirm that it works on a semi hacked vita with TN-V.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PS3-PSP emulation is not that good, probably the issue is the switching disc 1 and 2 and also doing a side quest there's a high chance that the save file may not be loaded or just get corrupted or it just wont load, its all about your luck , as far as I tested it, it glitches or rather freezes on certain side quest, it just froze the PS3 with nice blackscreen with the PS button is not responding.

so that's it, dont expect too much on PS3-PSP emulation since it wont do much anyway. If you like to deal with much hassle to make it work by means of trial and error then you can play the game on PS3 else, your SOL.

Now, switching UMD's should't be any problem, it's just a simple ASM routine (I even rewrote it so no disc swapping is needed for the merged ISO). But I'd like to know if other users are experiencing those problems too...

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I just found this topic and I'm really excited about it! I was wondering how long is this going to take. And keep going I am really looking forward to this project to be completed. Greatly appreciated :D Also do we have to buy the UMD for this to work? Im confused
Please try to read at least some of this Thread before asking questions. (I know it's 50 pages, but just read a few. Most everything is explained)
Now, there is no release date planned, so please just be patient. :)

You SHOULD buy the game and extract the ISO from the UMD by using Custom Firmware. But many just download the ISO's from [insertGenericPirateSiteHere].

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, switching UMD's should't be any problem, it's just a simple ASM routine (I even rewrote it so no disc swapping is needed for the merged ISO). But I'd like to know if other users are experiencing those problems too...

I don't know what the issue is with having to go back to the XMB and selecting the other UMD... Unless it's like dynasty warriors where you have to switch the UMDs at some point in the game to proceed and it can't be done from XMB to the other disc.
I haven't had any freezing issues yet but I just started UMD2 a bit ago and did my first mission... so my experience is limited.
Oh, also, Rebug 4.30.2... CEX Kernel.

Reactions: SkyBladeCloud

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm, I wonder if the translation patch can be done in sort of a plugin like in MHP3?

I said it before, the reason for the plugin was only, because they release partial patches and if u release partial patches it is easier
to update em TILL the full release with the plugin-folder, BUT the difference here is, there won't be partial patches (Sky correct me if u changed ur mind here) and so it makes zero sense to go with plugins instead of patching the game and never touching it again. Another reason is, if u have too many plugins active it can cause problems etc. I don't know why u want it as a plugin but believe me it is not worth it. MHP3 isn't fully translated yet and that should be the only reason for the plugin (and one other reason I know, the Iso patch has some problems and for some reason doesn't work for some people properly, never experienced such a thing though.

Another thing is, I didn't follow the PS3 hacker scene, because I got desinterested in it. Did that scene undergo major changes since the dongle-hacks? Even the PSP emulator is new to me (but isn't surprising) and which guys are working on the hacking right nao? (Coldbird? Wololol?). If u have some good organized info site Im open for that as well. I know the PSP hacking scene well so that could be interesting as well for me. By the way I like news feeds ;) The site, u give me, should have em. Thx before hand though :)

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there something about images that i could help?
I shouldn`t be wrong on this but they finished images on Feb~March-ish so I don`t think they need any more help there D :
Was one of the first things Sky extracted.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, images are pretty much done, I think all of them, maybe we are missing one or two, nothing that can't be done in 10 minutes, I'd say. But thanks for the offer ^^

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, images are pretty much done, I think all of them, maybe we are missing one or two, nothing that can't be done in 10 minutes, I'd say. But thanks for the offer ^^

True.

And for everyone else, please don't take this as an indication that we're close to being done. Images are something like <1% of the workload of the project.

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
I said it before, the reason for the plugin was only, because they release partial patches and if u release partial patches it is easier
to update em TILL the full release with the plugin-folder, BUT the difference here is, there won't be partial patches (Sky correct me if u changed ur mind here) and so it makes zero sense to go with plugins instead of patching the game and never touching it again. Another reason is, if u have too many plugins active it can cause problems etc. I don't know why u want it as a plugin but believe me it is not worth it. MHP3 isn't fully translated yet and that should be the only reason for the plugin (and one other reason I know, the Iso patch has some problems and for some reason doesn't work for some people properly, never experienced such a thing though.

Another thing is, I didn't follow the PS3 hacker scene, because I got desinterested in it. Did that scene undergo major changes since the dongle-hacks? Even the PSP emulator is new to me (but isn't surprising) and which guys are working on the hacking right nao? (Coldbird? Wololol?). If u have some good organized info site Im open for that as well. I know the PSP hacking scene well so that could be interesting as well for me. By the way I like news feeds ;) The site, u give me, should have em. Thx before hand though :)

This is a great point. Especially for users of PSP 1000 like me, plugins will consume much of the (already limited) RAM of the psp. The ISO patch would allow full resources of the device to be directed toward running the game. Furthermore, to sum up joegoku, it's a pain to patch a 4 gig iso everytime a new patch comes out, which is fairly frequent for MHP3. SkyCloud should be finishing up a one shot kill with updates few and far between.

Cheers everyone. Good luck with the project.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well I haven't personally progressed any farther, but for what it's worth, someone else playing my conversion of the game reports that they're at the end of the game, with no problems aside from a few flickering cutscenes, a flickering menu (the save stone menu i think?) and some fps drops in the main hall and fountain areas.
Ed: Though, to Remlei's credit, he said it was a side-mission it froze/corrupted on. If I had more info I could ask about that..

trenso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I just finished reading all 50 pages and have to say thanks to everyone working on this especially making the the merged iso.I was able to play the game before but couldn't finish it since i had no understanding of the language. My question is that when I follow Sky's instructions to get the merge on my psp i have to go to options to start a new game. Is that supposed to happen?

Hello, I'm an obvious n00b here. Joined firstly to thank everyone involved with this project and giving more people a chance to play this game. I'm a fan of SE games, but I think their localization branches can really suck sometimes.

You guys rock ^^

But I'm also here for a more selfish second reason: I'm unable to play the merged ISO on my phat 1000 PSP running CFW 6.60 PRO-C. I tried searching this thread, but I don't know if this was clarified. Is it simply not possible to run the merged ISO on this specific CFW? I get to see the "Now Loading" text on the bottom right (and it was static, not even that pulsating effect) for a few seconds before my PSP simply shuts off D:

Help is appreciated! Again, forever grateful for all the people working on making this game accessible to the rest of the world ♥

EDIT: Okay, looks like the issue was the ISO itself. Find another one and merged file works now

I'm running the game on CFW 6.60 ME-1, you go to a some pirate site and get umd 2 (since it was less memory for me) and then follows Sky's instructions on his site to get the game running.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@trenso, yes, u have to go to options. Was replaced with the "installation" option. If u really read all 50 pages u should know that ;) but that aside, sky made it that way^^

Iscu16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Some1 can help me with this patch ... i merged the filles and i make the game 2Gb but there no english at all ,no menu and no story
After i make my 2gb iso i need 2 apply a patch or what ?

Nerozaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Some1 can help me with this patch ... i merged the filles and i make the game 2Gb but there no english at all ,no menu and no story
After i make my 2gb iso i need 2 apply a patch or what ?

LOL!! you haven't read the post aren't you?, there is no patch still they are working on it right now, and it won't be released until is finished, the only uploaded files are the merging ones, NOT the patch yet, read the posts it explains everything

Reactions: joegoku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la