Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Simia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random idea:
Accept donations with the purpose of hiring a freelance translator to speed the process up dramatically? The cost may end up being a little high but the progress would be hastened.

Just an idea.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Random idea:
Accept donations with the purpose of hiring a freelance translator to speed the process up dramatically? The cost may end up being a little high but the progress would be hastened.

Just an idea.

I don't think that would work:

I've always accepted donations for my other projects in my blog... Guess what, in three years never got any xD
And also the team wants to keep this a completelly free project.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
And a freelance translator is much more unlikely to integrate into a group of forum members who have a relationship built on mutual co-operation rather than money.

Pro-tip for anyone who's signed up to post in this topic who's not ACTIVELY offering help....don't post. Don't ask when it's going to be finished. Don't ask for an incomplete patch. Don't make any suggestions that are merely a method to get your own end faster. Instead do a quick search on Sky to find out about him....you'll see that it's highly unlikely your first post in this topic is likely to provide an insight he hasn't thought of. And then factor in the rest of the people working on the translation.

Reactions: joegoku

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random idea:

Just an idea.

Accepting donations or making ANY type of money via a translations patch is usually what gets people in trouble.
Game devs (and publishers) don't like seeing someone else make money off their software.

Reactions: Dark Justice X

Erestil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sky knows that already I'm not that skilled on translating I mean I don't speak it but I can understand what it says and it was better than I imagined ... anyway this is to say that I'm very happy to help sky and the team and knowing that I can help some1 to translate a game that I love with my own hands make me very happy ... so there is also a satisfaction on doing this even if it takes time, that's why I'm not so happy into the hiring of a pro translator ... ofc this is my opinion and I'm not forcing it to some1 :D I was searching for other translator but the best I achieved at the moment was: "I don't know japanese but I'm happy you are working on this finally there is some1 that is starting the project" -_- I wished to be near him to give a huge kick in his a*s lol

Reactions: juggalomars

Simia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And a freelance translator is much more unlikely to integrate into a group of forum members who have a relationship built on mutual co-operation rather than money.

Pro-tip for anyone who's signed up to post in this topic who's not ACTIVELY offering help....don't post. Don't ask when it's going to be finished. Don't ask for an incomplete patch. Don't make any suggestions that are merely a method to get your own end faster. Instead do a quick search on Sky to find out about him....you'll see that it's highly unlikely your first post in this topic is likely to provide an insight he hasn't thought of. And then factor in the rest of the people working on the translation.
Yeow, no need to get snippy. I've been following the topic here for a while now and haven't posted because most of my questions have been asked / answered. I just offered the idea up because i keep seeing a desire from ACTIVE team members for more translators. Since most of us can't contribute to that issue i just thought maybe people would be able to contribute that way. If that's not the way the team wants to roll with the project then cool beans.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is just too obvious what the team wants. If people REALLY followed, what happend here since the start, then those people wouldn't give out such ideas. And it is not easy to work with freelancers, because they have they're own way of doing things, because they are "pros" and learned it or something, but the people here made they're own experience and can work together to go higher up. It is a great difference in atmosphere and so on. So it could be a double edged sword. And Donations do make alot of trouble.I think the team has enough Idea-heads right now. Pls watch over us but don't give ideas out of nowhere.... that happens far too often right now :/

Erestil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pls watch over us but don't give ideas out of nowhere.... that happens far too often right now :/

I think that happen because every1 want the patch "here and now" without moving a finger or helping in any way ... I'm not talking about simia ofc it's just in general :D

Zorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just registered to thank you a lot guys.

As most of us, I have been wanting to play FFT0 since it was announced with Fabula Nova Crystalis. Getting to see sky's prior work and the enthusiasm and maturity of the team I am sure you are going to achieve a translation just as professional as Square Enix would do and made with the heart and passion of a FF fan.

Thanks for the effort, the time, and for watching over the quality of the final product.

Take the needed time, I am sure the wait is going to be worth it.

PD : Pinche Sky estas cabrón, ya quisiera tener tu habilidad para entender y moddear software ajeno.

Reactions: earlynovfan

icepoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there really is a problem with mediafire lately, what I suggest is create a box account and you can have like a shared folder there for all the programs and files needed for the project.

Click Here to Sign-Up

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, today I placed yet another mirror in my blog, this time is a real direct download, courtesy of our translator Artistan, so there shouldn't be any problem with that one.

~Sky

Mr.E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
merging tool worked great!
you guys are full of badassness.

I know it's out of topic but do any of you know where I can find a clean save file with summer clothes? Or a cheat for them? I don't know, I like em better than what the class originally wears.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
merging tool worked great!
you guys are full of badassness.

I know it's out of topic but do any of you know where I can find a clean save file with summer clothes? Or a cheat for them? I don't know, I like em better than what the class originally wears.
If you find a demo save file with the summer outfits, let us know where to find it. If we don't find one before we're finished with the translation, I'll probably just do it myself and share it here.

Mr.E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found this

http://gametaro.com/00003_psp_savedata/028_hu/001_code-hu_00032/psp-savedata_hu_00032.html

Its said to have them all but some class members when I tried it myself I can't seem to equip them with one :/
Funny thing is that like when I'm walking around the base and I see for example King, he is wearing the summer outfit but it doesn't show in the equip menu thing. I think only 7 out of the 14 have it. Might want to try it yourself, I might've done something wrong? Or I have to wait for a certain point of the game to be able to equip them? I don't know, if you find something better, let me know.

NECPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know jap a little. Like, not vast on vocabulary, but I know how sentences works, the way it is speaked, the differences by the tone it is speaked, the complements that makes it rude order or gentle asking, past, present, future, etc.

But also, I like japanese language the way it is. Meaning that, by translating, I would keep it most like the way it is. Beacause japanese uses much less words to define things then we use. I always think that translating it into a more common form limits the sentences as a whole idea of double interpretation.

With that said, if you all want help, I am here.
Tell me what I need to do to reach the project.

Erestil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have all royal and summer clothes you can equip them when going to the "switch char" option if I remember correct ... anyway one option in that red crystal and you see next to them a t-shirt icon that you change with L or R

Kazusa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! If you're still looking for somebody with huge final fantasy experience then I can help you. I've played almost every game with "Final Fantasy" in title, completed type-0 several times and translated some parts of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme