Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm adding some creativity to it so Sky let me know if you want it to be more precise to the missions exact translation, also I haven't followed up on the story of Type-0 as much as I wanted to because you know it's in another language, and I haven't played this level yet or beat the game, anyways:

Roshana Evacuation: Level 45

The Suzaku military military is advancing on Roshana central state.
However they are blocked because Roshana's capital is under siege.
They have ran into the Soryu army and the city is on the verge of annihilation.
The Suzaku General Staff have given the following resolution: To evacuate Roshana under its cover.
Class 0 is to receive the hardest among all operations, it must serve as the rear guard as the army withdrawals.

Reactions: toroal

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, first things first:

I'm VERY happy to say that things seems to be back to normal, some progress has been done in the past few days and the main scenario is about 33% done. So I'd say we are officially active again. That doesn't mean I'll stop looking for people who can help. Depending on the activity of new members, we can have one or two more translators.

So Swing and HHTurtle, you guys can still be part of the team if you find time... and the means to get on Skype with the rest. Of course, the more translators we have, the sooner the translation will be ready. This is the estimation new team member Adam S made:

6 translators 30 lines a day each = 7 months to finish main scenario
6 translators 50 lines a day each = 4.2 months
6 translators 70 lines a day each = 3 months

Just note that 70 lines a day per translator is CRAZY, it would be amazing if we could get it done in 3 months, but we can't promise anything. In other news, we've been talking about the possibility of releasing a patch once the main scenario file is done. Mainly because it would cover the 99% of the whole game experience, leaving some graphics and extra (unimportant) stuff untranslated; and since this game is mostly about the great story it has, it sounds good. We haven't decided it yet, though.

And swing, the translation sound about right, it can be difficult with no context, but I'll be sure to do a correcting walkthrough once the main scenario is finished ;)

And finally, thanks everyone who offered help, and those of you who worried about the project and looked how to help us... Looks like it worked ;)

~Sky

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to wait for the 100% translated patch. I know it would be worth the wait. Sort of how i'm waiting for a full patch for .hack//Link... which is slowly happening..... really slowly.

Reactions: Zorax

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always cringe when I see people say this in topics like this, but I'm available and willing to proof-read any scripts you guys come up with for readability and local flavor. I don't need it in a game, I can just read it off a text file or something and see if it feels weird.

My credentials include reading more books in my life than there are unique posts in this thread and being a complete ass on the Internet to people who type like 3rd graders.

Edit: Oh, I was also involved in the MHP2nd and MHP3rd patches, although most of that was just typing old descriptions into a spreadsheet.

HHTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So Swing and HHTurtle, you guys can still be part of the team if you find time... and the means to get on Skype with the rest.

Thanks, Sky. I'll try to help out in any way I can.

I've never used Skype before. Is a webcam and mic required to discuss with you guys?

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So now that the project is active again, I've been working on improving the translation tools. Now all game interventions have the speaker name on it, so translators know who says what, without having to reinsert the text back to the game and play it. this also helps to figure out the context while translating:

j40o.png

~Sky

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Err... nope :/ Actually we don't follow that order, we have only about 1/3 of the main scenario file done. The thing is that cutscenes are at the end of the file, and we have some of them translated for showing different parts of the game in English.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're doing just fine. We have a bunch of translators, there's no drama on the team, and we're making good progress.

In fact, we're working on it right now, with no egos or witch hunts or anything silly like that.

No promises on a date, but right now it's looking like a given that we will finish the project. We'll have it done when it's done, and it's looking good!

CaptainGenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know, I think Ace has a point. Also, no one really likes Gilgamesh, so all of the constant ''GILGAMESH :D'' posts make for boring reading to anyone who reads this thread.

Also, why not just go to Japan, give the translation to a random dude, and pay him some yen to translate it? It shouldn't cost too much due to how much dollars/euros/pounds are worth in Japan.

Reactions: signz

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Stand by the person who's done nothing but add drama to the thread when we need it, or someone who is apparenty some jerk on GameFAQs who will apparently screw everyone over in the long run according to the drama magnet?

Tough choice there.

Anywho, to try to bring this back AWAY from the inane drama that keeps on cropping up here, that modification to your tool is quite fantastic, Sky. I can't wait to see how it might speed up translation (even if it's only a marginal change).

Reactions: coredecepts

HHTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
that modification to your tool is quite fantastic, Sky. I can't wait to see how it might speed up translation (even if it's only a marginal change).

Trust me, it has helped a ton with the translation effort. That's because it's easier to understand the context now that we know who the speakers are.

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
Err... nope :/ Actually we don't follow that order, we have only about 1/3 of the main scenario file done. The thing is that cutscenes are at the end of the file, and we have some of them translated for showing different parts of the game in English.

I see..I thought it was about to finished..hehe :)
By the way, thanks for the info Sky..I'm looking forward to this project..

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must concur that seeing the character names now next to the lines of dialogue adds insight on the character's personalities. Good work Sky. You continue to impress me with the skills you have that I doubt I will ever obtain. Wish I could be of more help outside of knowing the gist of Type 0's lore.

Also, why not just go to Japan, give the translation to a random dude, and pay him some yen to translate it? It shouldn't cost too much due to how much dollars/euros/pounds are worth in Japan.

Perhaps you should go and give this a try yourself. Might be worth the adventure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...