Final Fantasy Type-0 English Translation Ultima Guide!

6i67VdD.png

First Of all I would like to thank SkyBladeCloud and his co-workers for their amazing work!

The Guide will have 2 Sectors:

1. One is for people who actually own the UMD
  2. Two is for people who got it from PSN or downloaded it.
What you need:
  1. A PSP (1000/2000/3000/Go) with firmware 6.XX Official or Custom Firmware!
  2. A Memory Stick with Space more than 2 GB (2.64GB Aprx.) or for GO users just 3 GB space
  3. Time
I recommend people to refrain from using other Custom Firmware than PRO it is the best firmware around and it has the best compatibility with the game!

Let's start!​

1-UMD
  • So for people who actually own the UMD version of Type-0
  • Download 6.60 Pro C2 Custom Firmware (I can't provide a link for this one) and Install it!
  • Then transfer it to your PSP to this direction PSP/GAME/
  • If you own a PSP Go or PSP 3000 model I recommend to use 6.20 Version it is the same! Because it has a permanent patch I am using this one myself and the game works perfectly!
  • You will have to download the latest Iso_tool which is actually Version 1.981 I think
  • Choose UMD_Drive and then ISO Convert
  • It will take some time to convert it but don't worry!
  • You don't have to rip both of the UMDs Disc 1 is enough!
  • Also make sure you have enough space at least 3-4GB Left on your Memory Stick!
  • After the ISO Convertion is completed connect your PSP to your computer
  • You will have an folder named ISO click it and check if you have an ISO file in there!
  • If you do awesome you can proceed and download the Patcher from Sky's Site http://www.skybladecloud.net/projects/final-fantasy-type-0-psp-english-translation/
  • After you download the Program extract it! and run it as an admin just to be safe!
  • After you created your translated ISO replace the old one with the new translated ISO! on your memory stick always!
  • Press Select and then change the UMD ISO Mode to Inferno and boot the game!
  • If you have any problems post them here I am sure someone will help you!
2-ISO Version!

• For the People who download the game the process is simple
  • Download 6.60 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware!
  • Or in case you own a PSP Go or a 3000 model I recommend using 6.20 Version!
  • Download Type-0 Disc 1 ISO
  • (Download Sky's Type 0 ISO Merge program) I think the translation Patcher works with just the Disc 1 ISO
  • and then download Sky's English Patcher from here!
  • http://www.skybladecloud.net/projects/final-fantasy-type-0-psp-english-translation/
  • After the download is completed,extract the program and run it as an admin just to make sure the program is running fine!
  • Then transfer your new ISO file to your Memory stick (ISO Folder)
  • Set your UMD ISO Mode to Inferno and run the game!!
2.1-PKG Version!
  • In case you downloaded the PKG version or your got it from PSN of the game you need to download this program
For People who are using PPSSPP Android/iPhone Emulator
If anyone has further questions or any kind of problems feel free to ask!!

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you can also add how to make it run on ppsspp. I got my game running fine on my psp but I want to also play it on my phone instead of carrying both my phone & psp around and play it on my psp when Im home.

Nobunaga

Empty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Any chance you can also add how to make it run on ppsspp. I got my game running fine on my psp but I want to also play it on my phone instead of carrying both my phone & psp around and play it on my psp when Im home.
Sadly my iPhone is not Jailbroken but! I will do my best to find a solution! :)

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly my iPhone is not Jailbroken but! I will do my best to find a solution! :)
thanks bc I dled this fix 1 for android and it does work with the default settings buts its laggy and all I do I can't seem to make it not/ normal like my other games. Although it seems this eng patch seems to be that way on ppsspp. But the game is flawless on the psp.

Nobunaga

Empty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks bc I dled this fix 1 for android and it does work with the default settings buts its laggy and all I do I can't seem to make it not/ normal like my other games. Although it seems this eng patch seems to be that way on ppsspp. But the game is flawless on the psp.
Maybe it has to do with your phone! Make sure you have the correct settings set! :)

Check this tutorial it might help you!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its not my phone. All my other games worked flawlessly only the patched iso is having problems. And Ive used that tut when the default settings dont work.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it does work but then the pop ups like the menu or tuts flicker. I tested it with a save state when I was in a fight but didn't test it from the beginning.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Type 0 doesn't even work fine on PC.
You're gonna need to wait a bit for it to be better optimized.
im not using my pc. Im using my psp & android phone. And it does seem to work well using the tut exactly for my phone now. Before I had to tweek it to work for me but as long as it works I'm fine for now.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
np.
For if anyone has issues with it, this is what I did;
I followed the tutorial u posted to make ppsspp flawless on my android. If the menu & other stuff starts to flash, turn off the frameskip & turn back on Simulate Block Transfer. And I have the audio off from time to time when I play it since there is too much static.

ArDLeon

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got issues running it on my PSP. During the FMV sequences artifacts would start appearing which would end up delaying subtitles, eventually the FMV would hang completely and I'd have to skip the FMV to prevent the game from crashing. Then when I actually skip everything the game is stuck on the first loading screen before actual gameplay and would crash and shutdown my PSP. A little help would be appreciated. I've followed all the steps here but no matter what I do with the settings on my PSP nothing changes the result

Nobunaga

Empty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've got issues running it on my PSP. During the FMV sequences artifacts would start appearing which would end up delaying subtitles, eventually the FMV would hang completely and I'd have to skip the FMV to prevent the game from crashing. Then when I actually skip everything the game is stuck on the first loading screen before actual gameplay and would crash and shutdown my PSP. A little help would be appreciated. I've followed all the steps here but no matter what I do with the settings on my PSP nothing changes the result
Maybe it has to do with the encoding of the videos make sure you have disabled all of your plugins and test it again!

ArDLeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, no plugins are installed on my psp. Did a reformat just for the game and no dice, can't seem to get it to run :(

Nobunaga

Empty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nope, no plugins are installed on my psp. Did a reformat just for the game and no dice, can't seem to get it to run :(
There is no need to format xD
Hmm could you re download the game Disc 1 preferably in PKG form and re patch it?
That could solve your problem but it's just a possibility! :)

Gabii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a bit of a problem.
I patched my ISO file to play on my CFW PSP (model:3000 6.60 PRO-B10. I am using Inferno)
It was working perfectly up till the point that you head to the first city right outside the academy for the first mission. After selecting the option for the Communication Setting, the game would suddenly freeze and the PSP would eventually crash. I tried disabling that option entirely. I even started a new game file to see if maybe it was that particular file in question.

Would someone be able to take a gander over how I may fix this?

NightWrz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a bit of a problem.
I patched my ISO file to play on my CFW PSP (model:3000 6.60 PRO-B10. I am using Inferno)
It was working perfectly up till the point that you head to the first city right outside the academy for the first mission. After selecting the option for the Communication Setting, the game would suddenly freeze and the PSP would eventually crash. I tried disabling that option entirely. I even started a new game file to see if maybe it was that particular file in question.

Would someone be able to take a gander over how I may fix this?

I got same problem and i clean up my memory stick for 2GB space and the game run normally :lol:

Dartheus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
somehow, i cant watch any videos. i can skip the videos but i want watch theme. im running 6.20 tn-e. anyone can help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over