Final Fantasy Translation Help

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by seijinshu, Jan 31, 2017.

1. seijinshu
    OP

seijinshu ...

Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    So... Final Fantasy is on the eShop... only that it is in Japanese. It is an excellent port (I can read it well enough to play it) and I figured I would inject the PSP script into the 3DS version if possible. Here are things I know:
    -PSP and 3DS version use .dpk and .pck files, and PSP tools to extract .dpk files work with the 3DS version.
    -3DS, mobile and PSP ports are identical

I have hit a wall with it due to .pck files and finding where the script is. Anyone know how to deal with these?

2. hyprskllz

hyprskllz Gashatto!!

Apr 19, 2016
    Indonesia
    Auldrant
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-final-fantasy-eshop-translation.418445/
    You can try posting there instead of making another thread.

3. seijinshu
    OP

seijinshu ...

Jan 6, 2016
    United States
  4. geekboy1011

geekboy1011 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2013
    United States
    Im going to point you here :D
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-final-fantasy-eshop-translation.418445/

And then inform you it is sadly not just Copy paste among them. The 3ds port stripped pretty much all support for English text really only supporting drawing static sized glyphs... well I believe so all the english has been removed from it and afaik the code for it stubbed but that needs more research.

Ninja'd as I was typing lol.

5. hyprskllz

hyprskllz Gashatto!!

Apr 19, 2016
    Indonesia
    Auldrant
    my point still stands, the reason i point you to that thread is to make sure this game doesn't have multiple threads, thus cluttering the forum.
    Plus, it's not dead. The thread's last post was a few days ago by the guy above me.

6. seijinshu
    OP

seijinshu ...

Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    I just stated that. I was thinking of another thread on here. Oh well.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah, I assumed as much. Also someone needs to fix font width. But first, let's actually get the script modified at all.