Gaming Final Fantasy IV 3D

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finished 1,2,4,6,7... I still haven't got 3 in my possession, even tho I played it a bit on my flashcart. Got 5 and 6 incoming. will by the 4 3d remake.
Haven't gotten into 8,9 any.. 10 and 12 requires me to own a ps2
biggrin.gif
which I don't own
tongue.gif
(yet)
I finished 7 on PC
wink.gif
will play 8 and 9 sometime in my life either on emu or on a ps2 if I ever get one.

I must say I enjoyed Final Fantasy 6 and 7 most of those I've finished. Even tho Dawn of Souls was awefully fun. 4 was pretty cool, but the last boss was a bit too tough
wink.gif
Required grinding, whilst nothing else in the game did.

Very similar to me. Don't waste your time with 8, it's a pile of suck. 9 was a good game but it never really engaged me enough to continue with it. I kept progressing through the story but I could never really get the point of it after 20 hours of play (like, the plot was not engaging at all).

I hear 12 kicks ass, but I, like you, never owned a PS2, and there are enough good games for Nintendo systems to keep us occupied without a 70 hour monster on another console. FF:CC Wii will be fun (hopefully better than the GC one).

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't pass up on 8 because somebody doesn't like it. I personally liked it very much and it my favorite FF. 9 and 10 were both very good, 12 I thought was something refreshingly new but it was the first FF I felt I didn't care about finishing.

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've played all up to 12 excluding 11.
Didn't realy like any of the 3 early ones.
4,5,6 were good games, especially for their time.
7 was good and it had its lovely theme.
8 was a pure love themed game which had some nice twists.
9 my personal favourite. The medieval theme and the cheerful world made it so alive.
10 was good even if it removed some of the most important things from FF.
12 was just OK IMO.

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've played all up to 12 excluding 11.
Didn't realy like any of the 3 early ones.
4,5,6 were good games, especially for their time.
7 was good and it had its lovely theme.
8 was a pure love themed game which had some nice twists.
9 my personal favourite. The medieval theme and the cheerful world made it so alive.
10 was good even if it removed some of the most important things from FF.
12 was just OK IMO.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm for me 4 is the best, the challenge, story, overall involvement, leveling system, learning of spells/skills at levels, the in's and out's of people to the party...just all of it worked the best and made it the most entertaining and compelling.

1: Nice story for the starter title, but the xp/gp output was crap and the X amount of shots per level spell sucked...but GBA fixed it nice so it moved up my scale of care a lot.
2: Some hate, I don't...I enjoyed the concept of 'real' experience points in that what you work or don't work grow or atrophies...but around that the story was quite good too.
3: Interesting basic job system, on DS has a very nice story worth checking out but none really on the original title. It's a harder game from the series and really demands some time and patience to do, but worth it.
4: See up top.
5: Much like 5, but more emphasis on jobs to a painfully annoying degree. Forced to learn many jobs and certain skills as boss fights for the last 1/4 of the game demand specific things or you're fucked unless you're over leveled. Story was good, but the job system makes it not likely to replay.
6: Up until the world is blown to bits damn amazing, great game with many things you can level up and buy. Once the world changes turns into suck. Anyone and everyone can use the best weapons, armor, and magic negating any challenge or fun value from the game and you're only encouraged just to read the plot to see how it ends. I know I'll get ripped on it, but I feel it's one of the worst out of the 'N'-camp titles due to that.

7: A decent title with an overly generic setup, predictable characters, and outside of the really nice plot moments here and there (aerith death bit) it's just average. Hate the unskippable fmv and scenes, overly drawn out animations slow fights into minutes from seconds in the old days. Drastically overrated but understandably so because IT was the game Sony used as a hingepin to sell RPGs to the world in mass.

8: Simply sorry...really farked up the stupid basic systems of combat, magic and item use known in FF... moosh love story, story just weak in general, and just not really worth bothering to finish more than any of the games.

9: If you're a fan of the N-generation stuff, in particular the SNES trio, an astoundingly great game with a good story, unique weird twists, interesting characters, and a moderately good challenge level to it. Hated by Sony kids often enough if they started on 7 because it bucked the trend as a fan throwback to pre-Sony days.

10: Love it and hate it at the same time. Felt much like Phantasy Star to me, not FF...but it kept me playing, didn't care about the extras at all. The hate really is that horrid sphere system for leveling, just plain annoying.

11: Can't comment here, and really hard to compare anyways as it's a MMO, not a real 'FF' style RPG. No way I will try it as I refuse to play monthly blackmail charges to run a game I paid full market value for.

12: No longer have a Sony console...couldn't try it if I wanted to. I hear it is nice, the system of combat is more 'live' than turn based yet stays interesting. I may look into the DS sidestory, not sure though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one