0.0%
  4. Don't play any.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 0 voter(s)
  1. choconado

choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    well, my problem with 8 is that it's TOO emotional. Super angsty "no one understands me!" teen offal. Sure, I was 19 when the game came out, so I was young enough to still feel that way somewhat, but it got pretty grating when most of Squall's dialogue trees consisted of the option "..." it got pretty tiring. But I could forgive even that if they hadn't broke the leveling up system. You're right that the game had a crapton of side content. But if you wanted to hit that golden 100%, you were going to have to make the game no fun difficulty wise.
    I get so frustrated with 8 because there was so much potential for a great game, and they just made it so foccacta that it becomes no fun. Hell, I'd almost play it anyway today just for the triple triad game.

2. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    off topic: yeah since cloud in FF7, they started making these EMO characters who think they're too cool looking at nothing when emoting. FF7 was my very first final fantasy game actually and that made me jump into the series. That's not the best for me though, its FF9.

on topic: i first started playing FF3DS. then FF4DS a few months after. i finished FF4DS. i dedicated more time with it. until now i am yet to finish FF3DS.

3. Exbaddude

OP Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    @Vampire D /
    Thanks! Your opinion helped me a lot.
    Also, I asked for FFIII and IV guys!
    Not other consoles...

4. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Everyone whos posted as far as i can tell has posted their opinion about FF3 and FF4 and have just added stuff about the others to sum it up tho

FF3 if you like to customize your party

FF4 if you like a more story driven game

or just play both...

5. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    I say IV as well, but be careful, if u don't give the right augments to the right characters, the games is a lot harder...

6. sa1amandra

sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    Final Fantasy III:
    If you like the flexablity of job switching, chibi looking characters and one hell of a difficult game with a high encounter rate, pick this one

Final Fantasy IV
    If you want a heart breaking story with memorable characters, a unique augment system exclusive to the DS version, difficulty setting that is perfectly balanced between normal and hard, abilities returned from the original japanese version that was taken out of the other US ver./remakes, voiced cutscenes of an epic tale with dramatic camera angles, and a insentive to replay the game with New Game +, pick this one.

Clearly my decision is biased because FF4 is my favourite FF + i havn't finished FF3. But still. If you want a challange and flexability, go with FF3. if your more about story and still want a challange, go with FF4

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Fantasy, Final,